UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battlestar Galactica Discussion

neolego

So, anyone USers going to watch the special "The Last Frakking Special" tonight?? I'll be DVRing it. :)

God, i love that title...

Dude, you scared me; I thought I had forgotten about it. Yes, I will definitely be DVRing this (but I won't be able to see it until I get off work at 4am...grrr).

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favourite 3 characters? Baltar is your archetypical English bastard & I love him... especially as he gets it on with Six. Tigh is frakkin awesome perhaps because I can relate to him & sure .....it's because he's an old git who you don't want to mess with...not me ...him.....again I love the character. Tyrol creeps in third but can you imagine BSG without him?

I know that I will be disappointed however it ends but it always makes me smile when I think that I had seen most characters in Minimate form before I had seen a single episode of BSG :P

The most amazing thing that I have learned from this thread though.......& I can hardly believe it.....

groundhog has a wife

:ohmy:

Edited by buttheadsmate

groundhog7s I am smiling from ear to ear . I posted ...I even regretted posting...I watched you log in & waited in trepidation...you posted........ :P

This might be a place to 'talk' about our passion ..... & I mean Minimates....but i truly love the kindred spirits here.

God bless you groundhog7s ......you make me laugh out loud :lol:

Great final episode...if you don't watch the last minute.

I feel the same way. About the last minute,

Just the part at the end when they were showing the robots I did not like. I felt it tok away from the show a little.

Other than that I loved it. Very sad to see it go. Guess I will have to fill that void with Marvel comics, Star Wars novels and Caprica.

Great final episode...if you don't watch the last minute.

Oh-my-GAWDS, that was beautiful (wiping tears away)!! I could go into every little aspect of this, while flashing-back to clues from previous episodes on, and on...but I suppose the best thing to say is simply, "bravo".

I agree about the last few minutes though, in fact, I could have done without the whole 'jump to 150,000 years into the future' altogether, but I suppose it did tie it to the beginning and emphasize the "all this has happened before" plot. I loved all of the many, mini summaries of each of the characters coupled with flash-backs, but I think were it up to me, I would have rearranged things. I'd have the individual summaries leading-up to Hera looking up to the sky (perhaps the sun) and

then cut to the scene of the abandoned-fleet (piloted by Anders) drifting into the sun (complete with original Galactica theme) and "fin". Done.

Good-bye old girl, you will not be forgotten...

*But "hey", we've still got Caprica to look forward to, as well as the the mini-series (Cylon point-of-view) this Fall!! :woot:

Just the part at the end when they were showing the robots I did not like. I felt it tok away from the show a little.

Actually, I didn't so much mind that as I think it was a nice segue to the up-coming Caprica's Frankensteinesque-theme (now I'm making-up words...who frak'n cares?). What bothered me more, was the

Gaius and Six dialogue...cheeee-sy

! Speaking of

robots, how about those allied-Centurians(*red stripes) vs. the Cylon Centurians/Guardians? How frak'n-cool was

that?!?

I guess they answered my previous post-query on who would win (in my 'lil desk-top dio. showdown)!! Thanks for reading my post Mr. Moore. I knew you wouldn't let me down! :lol:

*I now have new custom-'mates to add to the growing-list! B)

I'm glad we got to see the

Centurions battling as well as one final space battle

The final character revelations were OK -

it's nice that they wrapped up each character - and somewhat resolved the Starbuck dilemma

as well.

The scene where

Caprica & Baltar can each see each others' "visions" was priceless...

Good way to bring that

Opera house

imagery back

And the

truce with Cavil, Simon & Doral suddenly torched when Tyrol kills Tory

was pretty cool too.

I liked it a lot.

Didn't expect God to be so, uh, real/literal though. What with Kara basically being an angel, and the weird Caprica/Baltar dialogue at the end (so what does He like to be called then??)... I liked how their final stab at a human-cylon peace treaty lasted all of 5 minutes, and I loved the cylon-on-cylon violence. Liked all the bittersweet Earth stuff. Also felt a bit sorry for D'Anna for getting off at the wrong Earth! Was a bit iffy on the vague Kara explanation, since it seemed like her dad had to have some kind of Cylon connection, but I guess that was just God doing his thing again.

Oh and my biggest problem with the (admittedly unnecessary) epilogue wasn't the dancing robots, it was that Moore Hitchcocked himself into the scene (Caprica was reading that newspaper over his shoulder) which took me right out of the show.

Overall it felt like the show really reached a natural conclusion, instead of dragging on or being cut short, which is rare on TV...

Edited by battlecat

Didn't expect God to be so, uh, real/literal though. What with Kara basically being an angel, and the weird Caprica/Baltar dialogue at the end (so what does He like to be called then??)

It seems God likes to be called

'convenient plot device'.

What I liked most about the episode was how the main action ended early on and didn't just get tied up quickly in the last 2 minutes (a la most Star Trek series). Very cool ending to the series.

Edited by groundhog7s

Wow. That was the most amazing thing i have ever witnessed. I mean, that just beautiful and all the more tragic at the same time. I think i almost cried once or twice.

I absolutely loved the way they portrayed the Opera House on Galactica. Seeing that was like magic and incredibly fascinating. It was also great to know that Caprica and Gaius were really meant to be together all this time, even after 150,000 years. And yes, i was one them who loved watching that little tidbit. It makes you wonder if they really could be around (the virtuals) after all that time just watching us kill the planet they gave us. And if something like what happened to Kobol, Caprica, Earth I, and the Colonies could happen to us. That'd be really creepy. The robot thing was cheesy, but i liked the add-in of Hendrix's Watchtower, although now we can sue him for stealing the work of Dan "Thrace." And I take it that Kara was never really there and actually died?? I mean, that hurt to watch Lee turn around and realize that Kara never really had come back from that Viper except in "sprirt," but it just didn't make much physical sense, since Gaius actually did...or though he had...tested her dogtags. Way too confusing and depressing. Galen killing Tory was exciting though. I hated Tory, and her killing of Cally coming out like that was amzing. Wish they'd done something different for the Death if Cavil, though; "Frak!!" *BANG* Watching Laura die was especially painful though, but since it began in part I i had a feeling we'd lose her. Bill not realizing it at first was really, really depressing though.

All in all, it really was a beautiful way to end such a great show, though i feel really depressed after it. Here's to BSG, the upcoming "The Plan," Caprica, and

the Cylons' freedom

We owe them one more, so:

"So say we all..."

EDIT: I just came into a little bit of info. We all know that Ron Moor hit a high note with this series and was one one fo the best works on television. We know that the finale was his last winning point and went out with a bang. this is just creepy:

Yesterday at the EXACT SAME TIME there was the last March Madness basketball game. It was between Siena and Ohio State, and had gone into a double-overtime. There was one last play that decided it all in favor of Siena; a three point shot was made and they one. The players name: Ronald Moore...I have a feeling that a higher power was at work here, folks...

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

For me, the Starbuck thing

was clearly a Jesus reference. I mean if you think about it, she died, came back reassuring them and finally leading them to earth, and then left again just as suddenly as she reappeared. Would that make Appollo Mary Magdalene? Hmmmm.... Then the final five ( or six or four or whatever) would be appostles, or all of the "skin jobs" could be appostles.

My two cents.

Heard some info from one of the Ron Moore Enhanced podcasts (Someone or Islanded, i believe):

Unfotunately, Danny was and is not Starbuck's Daddy, nor did we see him in Some to Watch Over Me. He was just a plot device to give background for John (Cavil) and as an excuse for the Number mishap with the Cylons. Very upsetting, because i thought that a Starbuck connection to Dan would be pretty interesting. And, though i am sad to admit it, i thought that Kara might have resurrected because Dan made a body for her before he was boxed. But i wonder if he'll have any connection to the Daniel in Caprica...hmm...

What I liked most about the episode was how the main action ended early on and didn't just get tied up quickly in the last 2 minutes (a la most Star Trek series). Very cool ending to the series.

That's true, the last hour would've all been condensed into about 5 minutes of "Star Trek finale time". It's nice they took their time with it, and didn't let the plot overwhelm all the great character stuff.

TT-F, I also found the

Laura scenes really sad, which was kinda surprising to me since she's been dying for the entire show, so it was pretty expected at this point. That whole moment was totally ruined on the Canadian broadcast though, since this jackass network host guy came on *right after* pretending to be sobbing, as part of their live BSG finale night thing. Took me right out of the show (okay technically it was during a commercial break not the show, but right after that scene?? Bit of a douchebag move.)

I actually thought Cavil's death was great, just because he seemed so annoyed to have to commit suicide, which was totally in character -- everything annoyed that guy! Anyway, it made me smile more than watching someone blow his head off probably should :P

Edited by battlecat

For me, the Starbuck thing

was clearly a Jesus reference. I mean if you think about it, she died, came back reassuring them and finally leading them to earth, and then left again just as suddenly as she reappeared. Would that make Appollo Mary Magdalene? Hmmmm.... Then the final five ( or six or four or whatever) would be appostles, or all of the "skin jobs" could be appostles.

My two cents.

post-638-1237976257_thumb.jpg post-638-1237976315_thumb.jpg

There were many many

references to the New Testament whether intentionally or not.

I loved the show so much I was never going to be totally satisfied with the ending but I thoroughly enjoyed it . I absolutely loved this show & will miss it.

It was also fascinating to see what Cylons drink. post-638-1237977020_thumb.jpg

I can see the commercials now:

Tense moment.

"Go ahead, let'em have one...I think they've earned it"! *winks and tosses can (slo-mo) toward Centurian which is caught and pierced with a pointy-finger.

"Glugk-glugk". Centurian close-up.

Cylon synthesized voice: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Refreshment in a tin-can."

Pan-out to whole deck partying with Centurians doing "the robot" and walls lighting-up like a disco.

I know that KFC sponsored most of BSG, but wouldn't it have been a brilliant opportunity for Red Stripe? :lol:

Edited by cdubya

I can see the commercials now:

Tense moment.

"Go ahead, let'em have one...I think they've earned it"! *winks and tosses can (slo-mo) toward Centurian which is caught and pierced with a pointy-finger.

"Glugk-glugk". Centurian close-up.

Cylon synthesized voice: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Refreshment in a tin-can."

Pan-out to whole deck partying with Centurians doing "the robot" and walls lighting-up like a disco.

I know that KFC sponsored most of BSG, but wouldn't it have been a brilliant opportunity for Red Stripe? :lol:

" Red Stripe Centurions can ...can you ?"