UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battlestar Galactica Discussion

neolego

3 episodes to go .

I think I'm OK with what's going on but 3 episodes ain't gonna cure me of the sickness. This isn't going to be a satisfactory ending ....is it?

I often wonder whether the Bible would have gotten past 'Exodus' if the 'ratings' hadn't been sufficiently viable. :(

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, two more left. How, oh, how are they going to wrap all of this up in just three short hours? And when, oh, when will I find time to watch them? Trip this weekend. Another trip weekend after. Argh. Why must life be so busy? It's getting in the way of tv.

Yeah, even with the last episode being two hours, it doesn't seem like there will be enough time. I hope they answer at least most of the big questions, but I won't be too upset if somethings are left unexplained. The mystery of the show has always been one of the highlights. I would almost hate for everything to be totally revealed, explained, and/or answered. Almost.

I'm more interested in finding out what happened to Starbuck. My wife is convinced that she's somehow tied into the thing with

Daniel

. Don't ask me why she thinks it, but she's convinced of it.

Yeah, my wife is the same way, but I gotta say, I kind of feel like Olmos is sleep walking through this final season. That final scene last week was lame and I can't believe it took him that long to come to that conclusion. It will be interesting to see how they tie things up or what they leave loose in the end. My wife read somewhere that they were planning a classic BSG movie, anyone heard about this?

I kind of think the whole "harbinger of death/lead them to their end" thing has more to do with

Daniel being her father. I thought that was who she was playing piano with. I think he "left" right around the time Cavil killed Daniel. It explains how Kara knows so much. And as the first hybrid, she would be the harbinger of death to the human and cylon races, and would lead them to the end to the differences between man and machine and the birth of a united society. That kind of makes sense. Might be a stretch.

And she will almost certainly be the harbinger of death for the remaining "bad guy" cylons.

My wife read somewhere that they were planning a classic BSG movie, anyone heard about this?

richard hatch has been beating the war drum for a revival movie of the classic series for a very long time now I think if you search you tube they used to have a trailer piece for one project he was involved in that never happened

Yeah, but he stopped beating when they put him in the new one :P I think the original creator Glen Larson might be behind this and it will be a new cast with the classic characters. Here are a few articles on it, 1 and 2. Only time will tell, as Larson isn't a young man, but he did do some great television for me as a child ;)

Oh Gods, tonight's episode was a great one!

The scenes from Caprica were quite well done, and the effects shots of the city were top notch. I loved how Baltar's dad had his proud Gemenon accent - great continuity. Roslin's scenes were heartbreaking, and we FINALLY got to see Zach Adama. I was so glad to see Papa Adama back in form, with a mission to accomplish. Simon and Doral's brief appearance was great, but it makes it that much more urgent that we NEED these figs as Minimates!

This was yet another episode that put the pieces in place for the finale, but this one was so much more entertaining. The last couple episodes have been decent, with important info revealed, but also excessively depressing.

Cannot wait for next week!

I liked this episode, however some of the "flashbacks" seem to come from nowhere (not that I didn't welcome them.

Gaius' were particularly enlightening

) and felt forced more so than triggered memories. The storyline seemed to skip around so much that at times I felt like maybe I had missed a previous episode (though I know I hadn't). While there were some good bits, I can't say that this was one of my favorite episodes for reasons mentioned above. It just seems that the pacing and plots are all too obviously reflecting the efforts of the writers to "wrap-it-up" quicker than they had planned to and I felt exhausted (like I was working beside them on a pressing dead-line) rather than leisurely enjoying the complex layers; perhaps it's just my own anxiety of the series coming to a close! :D I absolutely cannot believe that next week (while it is 2 hrs.) is the final episode...so much ground to cover with so little time. *whew*

The next 7 days will be grueling. While I can't wait to see the finale, I'm also dragging my feet as I don't want it to come to an end! :confused:

Edited by cdubya

I hope that the last episode or even the upcoming TV movie answers the question of how exactly Baltar managed to get to where he was in the miniseries. The scene where you see the blast and Six shields him from it. They have yet to truly answer that one.

Also, seeing Baltar's father is the peak of the entire second half of the last season for me. Amazing stuff.

The complex characters is what always brought me back every week. I am gonna be very sad to see this show end, but so glad we get an ending.

Also to get a little discussion flowing, who is your top three favourite characters?

Mine are Baltar, Starbuck and Phelan.

Wow. That was pretty intense. I loved the flashbacks, but that was a little too much to take in all in one hour. I watched it this morning, and as soon as the end came about i was like "What the hell?? Oh wait...It's really over that fast?!" It really felt way too rushed, and i don't see this being wrapped up in two hours. And, if continuity holds up, "this has all happened before, and it'll happen again...again...again.................again..." ;)

As for fav characters:

D'anna (love her with a passion)

Admiral Cain (she and are TOO much alike)

Ellen (love the idea of her being who she is)

You know what's weird is I love the show, but other than Tyrol, I really don't like any of the characters. They are so flawed (and the actors portray that so well) that they seem like real people most of the time. And, frankly, I don't really like people much. There are a few times when I'll really like a character, but then they do something that makes me not like them at all.

Hmmm, just 3 huh? That's really difficult, as my favorites have changed numerous times throughout the series. I guess weighing everything out, I'd have to say:

1)Baltar (is just too interesting and entertaining to watch.)

2)Helo (I don't know why, but I've always taken an interest in this character.)

3)Tigh (This was a toss-up between Tyrol, but considering that I initially hated Tigh and now have a great deal of admiration for the character...he won.)

I really wanted to add Lee Adama, as I can't think of a character that has grown so much or undergone such a transformation (that wasn't a Cylon). D'Anna is another worthy mention (initially hated, but grew more interested in her than the ever present chameleon Six). Cavil, despite minimal appearances, has also really shined lately.

Edited by cdubya

In the USA Today newspaper last week, they had an article about BSG. It talked about the new series Caprica and another spin-off called "The Path", or something like that-its supposed to be about the cylons and their plan of destruction against humanity-it sounded pretty interesting....maybe we'll get our final cylon minimates from a future boxset of that series or mini-series, whatever it may be!

As for my top 3--very hard to choose----

1. Starbuck

2. Baltar

3. Caprica Six

...but I'd really like to include Lee too.

Edited by mav-man

In the USA Today newspaper last week, they had an article about BSG.

They also had one yesterday. They did one of their mini-columns for Actor "interviews" and one of them was Kate Vernon (Ellen Tigh). While only about eight sentences, it did cover her, her recent role, hox much being on the show has changed her and her daughter, her turning 48 ;), and, something that i was happy about,

that she'll be appearing in the prequel movie The Plan.

Yay. :)

Top 3

1) Tigh - I love his loyalty.

He's it. I agree with GH most of the characters are so flawed that it is hard to like any of them. Even when you do you typically only like them until they do something else that ticks you off. As far as the finale part 1

it was nothing but set up for the end.

Caprica up for preorder???

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.ph...63fbafd88376d59

When is this on television?

It wasn't. It was decided by the producers a LONG while ago to put the pilot on DVD when BSG ended as a marketing scheme. Don't worry; you haven't missed a thing. :)

So, anyone USers going to watch the special "The Last Frakking Special" tonight?? I'll be DVRing it. :)

God, i love that title...