UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

the Deathly Hallows

Trekker 42

So, I was among the nerds that waited at midnight on Friday to get the book, and I was most impressed. I have finished it, and I rank it amongst the best books of all time.

I was devistated at some of the deaths; like Fred Weasley, and Mad Eye. They seemed too senseless.

So in this spoiler wracked I want to know; Did anyone get it at 12:01 and what did you think

EDIT: Following suggestions taken.

You've got to put spoiler tags there, my friend, or people will be pissed.

I, for one, go off the main page, which doesn't list the thread's subtitle.

Yeah, going to go with Deadpool on this, since Dan ask in another thread for folks to respect folks who haven't read it yet. My feeling on this thread though is it's a little premature for it, since the book just came out. If I were you, I would have started this thread in a week or so, after most folks have read it. As for your other question, I took my wife and was one of the people who stood in line. She's at the moment heavily immersed in the book, while I'm playing Quake 4 on my 360. Although I'm also reading the Prisoner of Azscaban when I have a free moment. So by the time I get around to this one, I'll already know half the plotlines :P

My wife and I spent most of the weekend reading the book. For now I will only say that it was very different from the other books, but still very good. There were more low points than high points, but it was all meaningful and well written.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get to purchase this book at midnight but I did read this book.And all I can say is that is it wowed me :blink:

I would personaly sugest any one who read the other Harry Potter books to read this book.

hehe i went into barnes and noble read the last few pages so i new what happened then when i saw someone who i didnt like reading the book i told them the ending and there all

'oh man WTF!!!'

its the best when there pretty far

so then they wasted all there time reading the book hehhehe,man am i going to hell.

hehe i went into barnes and noble read the last few pages so i new what happened then when i saw someone who i didnt like reading the book i told them the ending and there all

'oh man WTF!!!'

so then they wasted all there time reading the book hehhehe,man am i going to hell.

I have a single word for you...

Karma.

T.

'oh man WTF!!!'

I have a single word for you...

Karma.

T.

it was sooo worth it tho

Seriously Dante_X, I hope you are joking. Because otherwise, that just ain't cool.

'oh man WTF!!!'

It's not like reading the last few pages would have given him incredible insight in the happenings of the book other than the fact that

Harry doesn't die and "all was well".

I just finished the book the other day and I was very satisfied with it. I probably should have reread at the last few books as some of the references to old events threw me a bit.

hey yeah i really didnt tell much and it was only to friends that would like cover up the binding with like a fake thing so that it dsidnt look like they were reading the book,plus i did this to like 3 people

and the last person was like"yeah i know i already read it im rereading"

so im not that much of a bastard! :biggrin:

hey yeah i really didnt tell much and it was only to friends that would like cover up the binding with like a fake thing so that it dsidnt look like they were reading the book,plus i did this to like 3 people

and the last person was like"yeah i know i already read it im rereading"

so im not that much of a bastard! :biggrin:

uh you still are a semi-baastard then :P