UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wanted Boxed Sets

neolego

Well, with all the hype around the New Spidey Box Set and the new Zombie Box Set and the "Secret" Defenders Box Set ;) I started thinking about what I'd like to see. Then, I started thinking, we haven't done a "Box Set" thread in a while - so let's get another one started. I remember after the Giant Sized X-Men Box Set came out we were all begging for more box sets, but after a while of none it kind of died down. However, with the recent announcements it seems that Box Sets are the new black. We know that the Spider-Man and Zombie sets are 5 'mates and the Defenders set will be 4. So, what new boxed sets would you guys like to see? The only rule is it needs to be kept to a 4-5 'mate list. Here are some I'd like to see:

Mighty Avengers

1-Iron Man (Modern Armor)

2-Ms Marvel

3-Ares

4-Wasp

5-Black Widow

Odds: 5-1

Young Avengers

1-Patriot

2-Hawkeye

3-Hulkling

4-Wiccan

5-Speed

Odds: 8-1

Inhumans

1-Black Bolt

2-Medusa

3-Crystal

4-Karnak

5-Gorgon

Odds: 50-1

Thunderbolts

1-Citizen V

2-Mach 3 or IV

3-Meteorite

4-Songbird

5-Atlus

Odds: 25-1

I'd also like to throw some love to the much left out MC2 and Ultimate Universe

A-Next

1-J2

2-Thunderstrike

3-Mainframe

4-Stinger

5-Sabreclaw

Spider-Girl

1-Spider-Girl

2-Black Tarantula

3-Darkdevil

4-Hobgoblin

5-Kaine

Ultimates

1-Ultimate Iron Man

2-Ultimate Thor

3-Ultimate Hawkeye

4-Ultimate Black Panther

5-Ultimate Captain Mar-Vel

Odds - 4,000-1

Ultimate X-Men

1-Ultimate Colossus

2-Ultimate Angel

3-Ultimate Rogue

4-Ultimate Iceman

5-Ultimate Beast

Odds: 4.2 Million-1

neo

Nice one, you should start another thread in the DC section to give DCD some ideas on sets too. Ok, thought about this and thought about some old school groups for mine. I actually had to do some research to remember all of the key members of each team :lol: This is quite a list, but I was kind of going through some of my childhood reading. Both The Avengers and Defenders were required reading, along with the Legion of Superheroes and Teen Titans back in the day. Some of the others are one's I find at local garage sales in the neighborhood. But it would definately help both AA/DST select more variety. Judging from their recents announcements though, it looks like they are heading in the right direction :D

Champions:

Angel

Iceman

Black Widow

Hercules

Ghost Rider

The Defenders:

Doctor Strange

Hulk

Silver Surfer

Sub Mariner

Alternative set:

Doctor Strange

Nighthawk

Valkyrie

Hellcat

Son of Satan

The Gargoyle

The Mighty Avengers(Old School Roster):

Thor

Antman

Wasp

Iron Man

Hulk

The Avengers:

Captain America

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Beast

Wonder Man

Wasp

Alternative teams:

Iron Man

Hawkeye

Ms. Marvel

Thor

Yellow Jacket

Quicksilver

X-Factor:

Cyclops

Jean Grey

Iceman

Beast

Alpha Flight:

Guardian

Northstar

Aurora

Sasquatch

Shaman

Snowbird

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants(Old School):

Magneto

Toad

Scarlet Witch

Quick Silver

Mastermind

New versions:

Mystique

Blob

Pyro

Avalanche

Rogue

Excalibur:

Captain Britain

Nightcrawler

Psylocke

Shadowcat

Phoenix(Rachel Summers)

Fantastic Four:

Mister Fantastic

Invisible Woman

Human Torch

She Hulk

The Invaders:

Union Jack

Captain America

Human Torch

Namor

Bucky

Toro

Spitfire

Ultimates

1-Ultimate Iron Man

2-Ultimate Thor

3-Ultimate Hawkeye

4-Ultimate Black Panther

Odds - 4,000-1

IIRC, Panther was never in Ultimates? Also, I'll add a possible 6th to each, even though your rules say 5

My Box-Set Choices:

X-Factor (90s/TAS Roster)

Forge

Havok

Polaris

Multiple Man

Strong Guy

6th - Wolfsbane

Ultimates (First Run's Original Team)

Ultimate Captain America

Ultimate Iron Man

Ultimate Thor

Ultimate Wasp

Ultimate Giant Man

6th - Ultimate Hulk

Avengers (Originals!)

Thor

Iron Man

Wasp

Ant-Man

Hulk

6th - Captain America

X-Men (Also Originals!)

Angel

Beast

Cyclops

Iceman

Marvel Girl

6th - Mimic

Ultimate X-Men (A Proper Black, NOT blue, outfit)

Ultimate Cyclops

Ultimate Marvel Girl

Ultimate Wolverine

Ultimate Storm

Ultimate Colossus

6th - Ultimate Iceman

Sinister Six (This is one that'd have to be 6)

Doctor Octopus

Sandman

Mysterio

Electro

Kraven

6th - Vulture

Ultimate Six

Ultimate Green Goblin

Ultimate Doctor Octopus

Ultimate Electro

Ultimate Kraven

Ultimate Sandman

6th - Ultimate Spider-Man

Brotherhood (Originals)

Magneto

Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch

Mastermind

Toad

6th - Blob

Here's my idea, but quite frankly I'd rather have it for (the now defunct) SMC then for Minis.

Women of Spider-Man Box Set

1)Mask lifted up kissy face Spiderman

2)Mary Jane (good comic version)

3) Gwen Stacy

4)Aunt May

5) Felicia Hardy with color change Black Cat mask

Sinister Six (all in original costumes)

Vulture

Electro

Kraven

Mysterio

Hobgoblin

Doctor Octopus (in white suit)

Avengers

Hawkeye

Vision

Giant Man (pieces would make him larger, much like the current Cylon)

Wasp

Black Panther

Original X-Men

Angel

Marvel Girl

Beast

Cyclops

Iceman

"New costume X-Men"

Angel

Marvel Girl

Beast

Cyclops

Iceman

Avengers

White Vision

Mockingbird

Ms. Marvel

Tigra

Ant-Man

Ultimates

1-Ultimate Iron Man

2-Ultimate Thor

3-Ultimate Hawkeye

4-Ultimate Black Panther

Odds - 4,000-1

IIRC, Panther was never in Ultimates? Also, I'll add a possible 6th to each, even though your rules say 5

Yeah, totally missed the 5 mate rule :P Oh, and while UBP wasn't in the comic, he was in the dvd. Which means they'll probable put him in the comic eventually or would have made a nice mate for the dvd when it came out ;)

X-Men (Also Originals!)

Angel

Beast

Cyclops

Iceman

Marvel Girl

6th - Mimic

I second that one.

I'd like to see that one also.

My set would include

New Warriors

1. Night Thrasher

2. Nova

3. Speedball

4. Marvel Boy

5. Namorita

6. Firestar (even though we already have one.)

Ultimates

1-Ultimate Iron Man

2-Ultimate Thor

3-Ultimate Hawkeye

4-Ultimate Black Panther

Odds - 4,000-1

Yeah, totally missed the 5 mate rule :P Oh, and while UBP wasn't in the comic, he was in the dvd. Which means they'll probable put him in the comic eventually or would have made a nice mate for the dvd when it came out ;)

The Don is right, I mentioned Black Panther because of the DVD. He was designed by Bryan Hitch who made all the previous Ultimates Designs so he is bascially an exact replication of Ultimate Black Panther and I liked it and would like to have a 'mate, comic or not.

As far as the 5 figure thing, I was just taking it from the current trend (Zombies-5, Spider-Man-5, Defenders-4) and even if you look at 24 or Back to the Future or Rocky, those are all 4 figures too. It really isn't as much of a "rule" as it is a suggestion, I just assumed that is we do see new box sets they will only be 4 or 5 character sets.

Finally, Zombieboy, you just made me think of how sweet a New Warriors set would be. I followed the original New Warriors from #1 and I used to LOVE that book. I haven't followed them at all since they've been back, but I would definitely love to see a box set with them in it. neo

I'd like to see that one also.

Ya know, it makes me wonder. Can they do that? Heat activated color change plastic? Because I'd love color changing Minimates, along with Glow in the Dark ones. Maybe when you dip them in warm water, they change costumes.

I think Sinister Six is the best idea, the name is memorable and sounds cool to the average shopper(assuming it's released in stores) and the characters would fill some huge gaps in Spidey's rogues gallery.

1-Dr. Octopus (Suit version)

2-Mysterio

3-Vulture

4-Electro

5-Hobgoblin

6-Kraven

I know Sandman was also a member the first two times but frankly after the movie waves and the new box set and Target sets he has been done to death and I don't really think there's anything more that can be done with him, short of making a version of him falling apart post Venom bite or the Sandman/Hydro-Man mud creature.....oh no I'm probably giving them ideas.....besides all that with as little as the Hobgoblin has been seen lately and the lack of impact made by any Kraven the Hunter in many years I feel this is our best chance to get them unless AA starts really trying to fill in the gaps in the next few waves.

Rise and Fall of The Shi'Ar

Havok

Marvel Girl(post-Phoenix Blade encounter

Warpath

Polaris

Darwin

Vulcan(with Emperor helmet)

X-Men Blue

Cyclops

Psylocke

Beast

Jubilee

Gambit

Fabian Cortez

Avengers: Initative

Dr Strange

Echo

Ms Marvel

Ares

Wong

Jarvis

Ultimate Clone Saga

Spider-Woman

Ultimate Peter

Scorpion

Tarantula

Gwen-age

Ult Doc Ock

Here Comes Tomorrow

Tom Skylark

EVA

Cassandra Nova

Beak

Sublime Beast

"Burning" Phoenix

I just thought of another one, especially as they're just coming to prominence.....the New Thunderbolts. That's right, Sociopaths Inc. The way I see it, this gives them a chance to put out some characters that otherwise may never see the light of day, really beef up the villain ranks, and fix some mistakes made in the past. That's right I said it. I'd buy this set if for no other reason than to get a black Bullseye, but without further ado....

1.Bullseye (Black!! Black!! He wears black not blue, I'm not whining about a missed detail, this outfit is flat out wrong!!)

2.Venom (Mac Gargan version)

3.Penance

4.Moonstone

5.Songbird

6.Radioactive Man

Alternates: Swordsman or Green Goblin.

The only downside to this is that if they made this set I doubt they'd ever make a Speedball, which would kind of suck as you need Speedball before you can get Penance unless you drastically omit parts of his character. Thoughts?

Original X-Men-Back and yellow

Cyclops

Marvel Girl

Beast

Angel

Iceman

Original X-Men-Graduation Uniforms

Original Avengers

Thor

Iron Man (Gold)

Hulk (With purple shorts)

Ant Man

Wasp

Captain America (Frozen in ice) bonus figure

Giants -3" figures

Giant Man

Goliath (Blue and yellow)

Goliath (Blue and red)

Goliath II (Clint Barton)

Black Goliath

Wrecking Crew

Wrecker

Piledriver

Thunderball

Bulldozer

What If? Box set

*What if #37 Cyclops (What if Cyclops energy blasts came from his ears?)

*What if #37 Hulk and She Hulk (I Love She-Hulk)

*Venom Thor (What if the Symbiote had bonded with Spider-Man?)

*Venom Hulk (What if the Symbiote had bonded with Spider-Man?)

Crap, I posted my response in another thread. I'll just repaste it here.

I'd like to see an Exiles set that had Sabretooth, Blink, Morph, Mimic, and Nocturne. Exiles is one of my favorite comics and almost every storline is great (the recent World Tour story is the exception). I love how anyone on the team can die at any time. I was shocked when Mimic was killed. I suggest you all to check the comic out. I know it is in tpb form now. Avengers Forever is a great 2 issue story, so is the King Hyperion story. He is actually a bad ass character in that storyline (otherwise i have always seen him as a boring Superman wanna-be. Check them out if you can find them.

I'd love to see more Ultimate Minimates out.

Ultimate X-Men-

-Ultimate Iceman

-Ultimate Colossus

-Ultimate Beast

-Ultimate Nightcrawler

-Ultimate Angel

Ultimates

-Ultimate Captain America

-Ultimate Iron Man

-Ultimate Giant Man (maybe 2.5" or 3")

-Ultimate Hawkeye

-Ultimate Thor

Classic Avengers

-Hawkeye

-Vision

-Ant-man

-Wasp

-Jarvis, of course :biggrin:

Brotherhood of Mutants

-Pyro

-Blob

-Toad

-Sabretooth

-Avalanche

Brotherhood of Mutants

-Pyro

-Blob

-Toad

-Sabretooth

-Avalanche

I Second the Brotherhood, and I say Apocalypse as well!

Archangel

Pocky'

Death Wolvie

War Hulk

Sinister

Or anything that gives us Angel in any form.

ORIGINAL AVENGERS BOX-SET

The name says it all, how about a box set of the original Avengers? I propose six figures...

Iron Man (Gold)- This would essentially be the 'Classic Iron Man' Minimate from the 2-pack that has silver centurian, however painted gold and perhaps with a removable extender arm (remember silver age Ironman coulddo the stilt man thing with his arms, lol)

Hulk - I've liked the Hulks so far, but we need one that looks more like the Kirby version... there are a few very specific things about how Kirby drew Hulkie, and this would also give them an oppertunity to add the chest accessory we've all been whining about. Possible accessories are clown nose and get up. I'm not kidding

Thor - I know we're coming out with a Thor in the new set, but that's never stopped AA from packing previously released minimates in a box set with others. For completion's sake, we need a Thor... maybe change the look on his face a little. Mjolnir accessory of course.

Donald Blake - Gotta tell you, I love putting my bruce Banner figure up mext to my Hulk, and my Peter Parker next to my Spidey... something about having the alter ego version of minimates that's cool. Give me a limp legged doctor with a cane, and I'll be happy!

Wasp - I know we won't have any size difference, but a minimate of human size jan in the wasp costume is fine with me, I love that weird silver age outfit with the pointy head. Bring on pointy headed Jan! It's also time we have a minimate with wing accessories.

Ant-Man - Same as above, would have to be regular size, but I'd be ok with it. Honestly, I'd rather have a Giant-Man one, but that wasn't until Avenger #2 if memory serves me correctly... so if we're staying with the Avengers #1 theme, it would have to be Anty. Accessories include helmet, obviously, and perhaps a bunch of little ant toys.

With the Ant-Man and wasp mates you could get a tiny version of the character as an accesory. Bring on tiny ant-man and tiny pointy headed wasp!

Patriot