UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Direct Modern Flash & Martian Manhunter?

metaphorge

This topic is pretty self-explanatory; surely DC Direct has noted the eBay prices for the C3 versions and know that people are chomping at the bit for them, so when do you think they'll show up in the DCD Minimate 2-pack line-up?

I'm going to guess sometime around wave 8 or 9, assuming they continue to sell well. Your thoughts? Should we be pestering them for them?

Welcome to the board MetaPhorge. I know a lot of newer MM collectors are as you say champing at the bit for new versions of Flash and Martian Manhunter. I can only imagine that DCD are reluctant to release those versions because it's not that long since the C3 minis were released. I'd say be patient. They're both big hitters in the DCU and are bound to be released sooner or later. In the meantime enjoy the plethora of popular and leftfield characters we're being treated to.

The Flash is an A-lister if you ask me. Even Martian Manhunter rates high with fans. I would expect to see modern versions of both figures very soon.

The Flash is an A-lister if you ask me. Even Martian Manhunter rates high with fans. I would expect to see modern versions of both figures very soon.

I agree. I would be a little patient for the DCD release if I were those that are craving these characters in minimate form. If anything, they might even look better when re-released by DCD.

A friend of mine missed out on the mini-javelin set and he now regrets it. I tell him to be patient because prices are too high on ebay.

I don't know you guys.

DCD doesn't seem concerned with A-List heroes (see: Ma Hunkel).

What? Did you really think all A-listers would be in one wave? In that case we wouldn't have 7 waves planned. Characters like Ma Hunkel provides balance imo and gives us a character we normally wouldn't have.

ie. We get Batman/Omac - Batman an A-lister is packaged with a winding down character.

Then we get Joker/Harley - Would we ever get Harley if Joker was packaged with Batman? I'm not so sure.

I have a weird feeling that we'll see Martian Manhunter in his new look, if at all. Or maybe they'll go totally crazy and pack him with Jemm, Son Of Saturn. Wait, I got it. Martian Manhunter would be a perfect companion for Despero. Now I'm crossing my fingers for this one.

I have a weird feeling that we'll see Martian Manhunter in his new look, if at all. Or maybe they'll go totally crazy and pack him with Jemm, Son Of Saturn. Wait, I got it. Martian Manhunter would be a perfect companion for Despero. Now I'm crossing my fingers for this one.

everytime i read your name i think of a teenage girl saying "God Magnus, you are such a dork!"

I don't know you guys.

DCD doesn't seem concerned with A-List heroes (see: Ma Hunkel).

What? Did you really think all A-listers would be in one wave? In that case we wouldn't have 7 waves planned. Characters like Ma Hunkel provides balance imo and gives us a character we normally wouldn't have.

ie. We get Batman/Omac - Batman an A-lister is packaged with a winding down character.

Then we get Joker/Harley - Would we ever get Harley if Joker was packaged with Batman? I'm not so sure.

I wasn't meaning it in a negative light, JL. I LOVE that they're not just focusing on main heroes. It's just that damn Javelin that continues to elude me. <_<

everytime i read your name i think of a teenage girl saying "God Magnus, you are such a dork!"

Haha! That would be my girlfriend. Minus the teenage part.

While I'm a lover of all things Mini, one thing I am not is a raging completist. I'm not interested in forking over the [excessive] cash for a Mini Jav just to get the Flash and MM. I do regret skipping the Flash mini-flier to pick the Javelin up at a brick and mortar (and which I never saw) but I did nab Nightwing, Batgirl, et al.

I know that new, more affordable versions will come. I'm just slightly impatient. :)

I'd like a mirror master myself. I am one of the lucky ones that got a Mini Javelin. But I wouldn't mind a Barry Allen Flash or even Kid Flash. I do admit that they have to improve on the Martian though. Stupid big chest thing. Here's for Speedy to go with my Green Arrow.

I'd like a mirror master myself. I am one of the lucky ones that got a Mini Javelin. But I wouldn't mind a Barry Allen Flash or even Kid Flash. I do admit that they have to improve on the Martian though. Stupid big chest thing. Here's for Speedy to go with my Green Arrow.

I very carefully made a Barry Allen by putting a head that I didn't want in the Flash mask and then very very very very carefully using an exacto knife to cut the whites of the eyes out of it. Then I put a Captain America head in it for blonde eyebrows and saw where the eyes matched up. They ALMOST did, but not quite. So I gently tugged the bottoms of the eyepeices down on the mask and then put superglue on the inside of the mask to make it stay pulled down. It works very nicely and now I have Barry.

I also cut the green chest peice off of the torso/cape part of MM and it looks good as well.

I hope they'll make these again soon so that everybody else can get them, but I hope that they'll make J'onn J'onzz a little greener and do no big chest peice and tweak his cape a little bit.

I also would much rather get a Mirror Master or Captain Cold than a Zoom first.

They need to space out their A-list heroes so the line will survive. If they released all of the major JL characters up front, the line would die out after a short while. But if they can keep us waiting for future A-listers, then you're hooked for years to come and will buy new additions all along the way. Martian Manhunter and Flash are surely on their way and will probably be out sometime in 2008. I have a feeling the reason they're releasing 1st appearance Flash now is because they will probably sneak in a whole line of other 1st appearance characters into the series over time. This gives us a chance to collect the modern DC universe, plus the 1st appearance series, and increases the longevity of the line.

Personally, I hope they don't bring these characters again. MM isn't really that great a character, and we've had 2 Flash-es already. I have this same problem with TFs all the time, where you get something rare and then they mass release something like it, and you paid all that money for nothing. Personally I love the exclusivity of it.

Though I do want a Zoom.

i dont like Martian Manhunters new costume. i like the classic one. and DCD will probably give us the old one cuz they are doin classic stuff now. like the old hawkgirl.

Don't assume anything. Look at the Guy Gardner / Kilowog set that's comin' out in wave 5. Gardner will be sporting his classic look with his Moe Howard haircut while Kilowog will be sporting his current GL corps look. So Martian Manhunter's look is up in the air. Don't get your hope up on the classic look to fast.

I for one hope that MM is in his new duds. Great look for him IMO.