UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

EW unveils SM3 Normal and Black Spidey 'mates!

Samwise Gamgee

Nice

Definitely a massive amount of detailing on those minis. I love the fact that there's webbing on the hands :thumbsup:

I can't say that they're quite as amazing as I was hoping they'd be, but they certainly aren't disappointing :biggrin: I can't wait to see the rest of them!

They both look fantastic. :thumbsup:

Hope the hole in the head doesn't stay though

They look great and finally a chance for everyone that missed out to (kind of) get a black spidey.

I can't imagine they'd come with the peg hole. If you remember the Luke Cage proto also had the hole, but the production model was solid.

Sad to see the hole in the head there, but otherwise they look just like I expected (which is a good thing). I'm looking forward to these, even if they're just more Spideys.

I'm pretty sure the 2 Spideys are just the prototypes for photo purposes. More than likely the packaged versions should come without holes in their heads.

Love the texturing on both costumes. It gives them more dimension, like the webbing is actually glued to them and not painted. Way to go AA & DST! :thumbsup:

Question: Where will these be available? EW says available late March yet the pairing looks like that of Wave 17. Is this a Target deal?

and while I'm thinking about it, has anyone seen a pic of Web Armor Spiderman coming to Target this Spring? ...sorry but these pics have given me Spidey fever.

I'm onboard for these. They look good and the attention to detail is astounding. Glad to see that AA/DST are really stepping up for these movie licenses. I can't wait to see the rest of the line now!

As for the hole in the head, I'd say its a safe bet that it will be gone by production time. As stated above, a lot of the protos we've seen lately have shown the hole in the head. Even the Target Spidey sets showed Spidey with a hole in his head (though they filled it in with something). But mass release always seems to reveal otherwise. Luke Cage and Ronin both ditched the hole for a solid head piece. The lone exception is blue suit Xavier, who has the hole in his head.

They're perfect! I hope to have these in my pocket when I go see the movie. :D

Are they going to come out with real action figures or are they sticking with those Lego rejects with upside-down-wastebasket heads?
Ouch.

They look cool. I hope the webbing detail stay on the feet and hands. Overall I'm happy with them, hope we can see the others soon!

Yeah :thumbsup:.

BTW, you me and Fujis all have the 2007 Spidey's in our Avatars, we're like, Triplets or something :lol:.

...:::Halo11701:::...

LOL I guess we will just have to wait and see who the clones really are.

They're perfect! I hope to have these in my pocket when I go see the movie. :D

Are they going to come out with real action figures or are they sticking with those Lego rejects with upside-down-wastebasket heads?
Ouch.

Me too, I would definitely bring them to the movie with me! :tongue: How could some one say such a mean thing about those little guys? :sad:

...:::Halo11701:::...

I wouldn't be so sure about the head holes, guys. I just got him out to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong, and the Spidey from my Spider-Man/Gaijin Wolverine Target 2-pack DOES have a hole in his head. That said, you're all quite right about most bald Mates losing the hole when they make it to production, so fingers crossed that that's the case here. It's really my only complaint with these, otherwise they're pretty much perfect.

What ever happened to "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."?

I think they look great.