UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GL's Lantern

MINI_MYTE

Anybody notice that GL's lantern battery has it's handle on the wrong way? Looking at this pic Green Lantern you can see that the flat parts are on the top and bottom, where as the "charging" sides are front and back. Well I bought a case and every battery is the opposite. th_hal.jpg

Now I tried boiling the piece in water and moving the handle (which worked, but then the handle touches the flat sides and Hal can't hold his battery. To bad, it would've look much nicer the correct way. Anybody else notice this? Like I said, I bought a whole case and all the batteries were like this. Can't be a fluke.

With the exception of the battery charger issue, looks like the GL I grew up with when Neal Adams and Mike Grell were drawing him. I like the figure myself and just glad these were released :D

Not to mention the guy's got a fivehead. Why did they print his face so low? Is he possessed by Hector Hammond? :tongue:

Yeah, his forehead is kind'a big. But if they didn't print it so low then his "spit-curl" would be more like a "devil-lock" and extend past his eyes! LOL. Shame about his lantern though. It amazes me how something so obvious could go through production without being noticed or modified.

I don't have mine yet, so maybe this is a dumb question - so bear with me.

Why can't the handle just rotate so the right parts are facing out? Is it molded to sit only one way? (Thus the need for the boil fix mentioned above?)

Yeah, instead of the handle being a separate part, the whole thing seems to be just one big piece, thus the handle can't be rotated on its own. The boiling method mentioned above helps position the handle correctly, but it seems that the sculpt of the lantern doesn't allow for the character to hold it in that position.

The handle on mine rotated without boiling. It looks to be a separate piece, it was just held by some paint that was sticking the two pieces together. And he can hold the lantern even when it's rotated into the correct position (although I do have to admit there was some stretching of the handle. Not much though).

lantern_battery.jpg

The handle on mine rotated without boiling. It looks to be a separate piece, it was just held by some paint that was sticking the two pieces together. And he can hold the lantern even when it's rotated into the correct position (although I do have to admit there was some stretching of the handle. Not much though).

lantern_battery.jpg

Thanks for the pic NightViper. I wondered if that just might be the case. I'm anxious to get mine even more now and see what works best!

Also - it looks like your Hal is missing his ring - is that correct? (IIRC, it should be on his right hand. Man, I'm a geek....)

Blocko - yes, the handle moves. NightVenom posted this:

lantern_battery.jpg

(Good to see you around more btw! :D )