UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Graham's Customs.

Graham

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, I'm glad you all like them. Also highly honoured to have them on blacksun1520's background! :D

In response to high demand, I'm currently working on Supergirl, Lex and the Angel of Vengeance (from Season 5). Hopefully I'll do a couple more civilian characters when I get hold of the 24 Minimates. Bizarro will wait until we get a better look at him in the Season 7 premiere!

Don't worry folks, more Smallville stuff is on the way. Until then, however, how about a bit of Green Lantern Corps?

GreenLanternCorps.jpg

After painting over my Kyle Rayner for another custom, I decided to revisit the idea and make a better one. This is his first costume I think, the 1990s one. Also shown is my Galius Zed, or 'Humpty Dumpty' as I prefer to call him. He's the ball-shaped one with three legs who appeared on JLU. I think that's his name, correct me if I'm wrong. Kyle is a standard Minimate with sculpted hair and boots, and the Fantastic 4 gloves. Humpty Dumpty was made from Penguin's fat suit with a a Minimate leg stuck on the back - not visible in the photo, but see a picture of the back here. He also uses Penguin's feet on the front 2 legs.

KyleRaynerGaliusZed.jpg

Also, I did a couple of minor alterations to Deadman and Spectre. Deadman has the legs of the convention exclusive Johnny Storm and arms of Twilight Frodo, with the tops painted ed. I was going for a more ghostly effect. With Spectre I painted parts of the face black and replaced his cape and hood with a Von Doom cloak, with a couple of sculpted on modifications.

DeadmanSpectre.jpg

Sweet Kyle & Deadman!!

That's my favorite GL & version of his costume.

If you do more Smallville 'Mates, please keep in mind (and everybody else) to Spoiler Bar

Spoiler Bar

anything about the show. I'm behind 2 seasons. I haven't seen anything from 5 or 6.

Please. I don't want to have to avoid this awesome thread!!!

I've only seen Season Two so I'm miles behind.

Anyway these are awesome once again Graham. Nice work, especially on Kyle.

Okay guys, spoiler tags will be used from now on where appropriate. Until then, here's a quick little something. I cut the wing socket off the back of Hawkgirl and stuck it on a normal Minimate chest, which I then duly repainted, so now I have a slightly less bulky Hawkgirl.

Hawkgirl.jpg

It's called Quick Fix super glue and it's not very good so I put quite a generous amount on. Any old super glue should do the trick. Mine was fairly rushed so it's not particularly tidy round the edges, but I basically cut around the rectangular socket part.

The paint is Games Workshop's Citadel paints, Elf Flesh and Sunburst Yellow respectively. The yellow needed a couple of coats but was painted over a blank white torso. I usually finish it off with Matt Varnish from Games Workshop too.

that's freaking awesome.

i dont know if someone asked this question already, (please forgive me if that's the case...)

but here goes,

what material do you use for sculpting?

I use green stuff from Games Workshop. It's good because I find it easier to smooth out than milliput, and less breaky (maybe I just can't use milliput properly). It's slightly flexible when set, making it a bit more durable.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of these images are mildly spoilerish so you might want to turn away now, although I don't think it gives away too much. Thanks to everyone who liked the previous Smallville 'mates I did, I was encouraged to have a go at a few more of the characters. First, Lex Luthor and Lionel Luthor. Lionel is one of my favourite characters on the show, so he had to be done. He is based on that BSG guy from wave 2 with the blue suit (I have no idea of the name sorry). I used the hair off that one too. The face is Hawkman's with the beard painted on over it. The shirt is Bruce Banner's, with Lionel's often-worn pink tie painted on over. Lex is standard Minimate, except for a C3 Bruce Wayne jacket.

SmallvilleLexLionel.jpg

Next up, a new season 7 addition to the cast, Kara Zor-El (or Supergirl to everyone else)

. I sculpted on the coat, and the belt is from Catwoman, with the belt loops sculpted on. The hair is from Kitty Pryde and the face is from Frodo, although the only bit that remains of that is the pupils of the eyes. Still, got to give credit where it's due...

SmallvilleKaraClark.jpg

Finally, I hope everyone else who saw it loved the season 7 premiere. It was nice to see Superman being a bit more super :P Anyway, here's Bizarro. The jacket is from Luke Cage, and the belt is painted over Hawkman's. The hair is Iron Man's, with the fringe sculpted on. The head is actually 2-sided. On one side is a bit more smug-looking version of the face from my previous Clark, and on the other the familiar cracked Bizarro visage.

SmallvilleClarkvsBizarro.jpg

Finally, just because I know you'll all want one :biggrin: , here's a front-on shot of all of em'. I'm already working on Martian Manhunter and the Angel of Vengeance, so keep your eyes peeled.

SmallvilleWave2GroupShot.jpg

• 3 months later...

Man, it's been ages since I uploaded a new Minimate custom, and today won't break that - instead I have something a bit different. Here's my Minimate scale Lego MkII Viper. I had to add a bit of white paint to the engines at the back and the sides of the cockpit, but other than that it's all just Lego. It's 29cm long if you're wondering about size. First off the front and back shots...

ViperFront.jpg

ViperBack.jpg

Now the different views...

Viper.jpg

Close up of inside the cockpit (with Starbuck).

S1031915.jpg

Chief gives the Viper a maintenance check.

StarbuckandChief.jpg

Helo and Chief admire their ship.

HeloandChief.jpg

And just in case you wanted some more Minimate fun, here you go...

GreenLanternRebirth.jpg