UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 1 DC minimates are here!!

highassroller

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are friggin fraggin fantastic.

I've given up comics. I've stoped buying action figures. But the 'mates? Never. :tongue:

I bought two sets- one for myself and one for my son. I've had no problems with joints at all- a few were stiff but that is to be expected, and the knees aren't loose on any of them.

Paint apps look good as well.

We're both in hog heaven. My son's favorite is Batman, and I think right now, I'm just blown away by Luthor. Just a fantastic looking figure.

We both just were looking at the DC Direct site looking at next month's releases! I can't wait.

Got my set... my LCS didn't get theirs until this evening about 7PM (late delivery for some reason). I got there after work around 7:30, just as they were shelfing them and getting ready to close at 8. The owner told me people had been calling about them all day and since he didnt know when his delivery was coming, he was telling people to check back tomorrow. They only ended up getting in four sets, so given the demand, the delivery's timing and my timing couldn't have been better I guess.

The bad news... since people had been calling about them all day, the comic book guy took notice of the demand and decided to price the sets at 8.99 a piece, a dollar more than they charge for their Marvel Minimate sets. :verymad: You people talking about sets for $ 5.50 and $6 are making me jealous.

But I wasn't going to walk away over $4+ dollars, so I bought them. But one of the first things I did when I got home was pre-order wave 2 from Stuckakid. Even with the shipping it comes out to about $5 less than my LCS price plus tax.

I picked up my set too. And just like sha ckwave's experience, when I got to my LCS people were calling about them. It's good to see there is a lot of interest in Minimates. The more they sell, the more Minimates will be here to stay.

I definitely think this premiere DC MM series (excluding C3's) is a great start. I love the added accessories. My favorite has to be the Superman / Lex Luthor pack.

Now I can't wait for the end of March and series 2 to arrive. :thumbsup:

I really hope they go back and finish re-doing the C3 'mates. I can't tell you how saddened I am that Flash didn't make the first five waves. I couldn't go for C3... being forced to buy crap-tacular lego knock-offs to get minimates didn't work for me.

So seriously AA/DCD,

Flash

Martian Manhunter

Darkseid

Riddler

Catwoman

Nighthawk

Man-Bat

Batgirl

Bruce Wayne

etc.

...ALL of them need to be remade for this line. Now get to work !

I really hope they go back and finish re-doing the C3 'mates. I can't tell you how saddened I am that Flash didn't make the first five waves. I couldn't go for C3... being forced to buy crap-tacular lego knock-offs to get minimates didn't work for me.

So seriously AA/DCD,

Flash

Martian Manhunter

Darkseid

Riddler

Catwoman

Nighthawk

Man-Bat

Batgirl

Bruce Wayne

etc.

...ALL of them need to be remade for this line. Now get to work !

I totaly disagree, focus on characters that are not already done

2 Face, Mr Freeze, the Question, Huntress, Grodd, Bizzaro, ...ok ok you can also do a 2.5 Darksied

I'm with you on this. Most of those characters, but especially Darkseid, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Nightwing, and Catwoman, need re-releasing. Darkseid should be 2.5", though.

While I do hope they go back and redo the C3 characters to better resemble their comic book counterparts, I hope its mixed in with a wide array of other characters. I don't know much about DC characters, but I like the variety of their hero and villain selections, which will totally stomp Marvel into the ground.

AAAAAARGGHHH!!!!

My local Comic Book Store, the only one in a 100 mile radius mind you. When I called to see if they received any of the DC minimates in...told me

"Series 1-3 have been cancelled." Dumb asses!!!

So I had to call to St Louis to get a set and pay for freaking shipping. But the waiting is the hardest part....

I more than likely won't get em till next monday....

You know there has been alot of pics and i appreciate the hell out of them, but is there anyone out there that can give me some comparison shots to the c3 counterparts or next to some of the marvel stuff

Thanks in advance

MOC

Nah, I don't know what you guys are talking about. The C3 Nightwing is one of my favorite Minimates to date. Bring on the new minis. neo

I'll tell you exactly what we're talking about. All of us who missed the C3 stuff don't feel like paying out the ear on ebay to get ahold of them! And, for that matter, at the very least the Flash needs re-doing so he doesn't look so out of place standing next to the comic-styled versions of Superman, Batman, etc.

Granted, there are tons upon tons of characters they can do the Minimate magic on (scores of Titans characters come to mind), but a lot of us want those characters we missed very badly and don't want to spend too much to get them.

Nah, I don't know what you guys are talking about. The C3 Nightwing is one of my favorite Minimates to date. Bring on the new minis. neo

I'll tell you exactly what we're talking about. All of us who missed the C3 stuff don't feel like paying out the ear on ebay to get ahold of them! And, for that matter, at the very least the Flash needs re-doing so he doesn't look so out of place standing next to the comic-styled versions of Superman, Batman, etc.

Granted, there are tons upon tons of characters they can do the Minimate magic on (scores of Titans characters come to mind), but a lot of us want those characters we missed very badly and don't want to spend too much to get them.

so the guys that did get them should suffer? it is a double edged sword...

How does DC Direct releasing a Flash or Nightwing make those that bought C3 "suffer"?

I have all the C3 stuff but Flash and MM. I'd buy a new Catwoman, Nightwing, etc. It wouldn't bother me to buy these again since they aren't going to look exactly the same as what C3 released.

But I'm also in agreement with J- there is no way I'm paying the going rate on eBay for a Flash. $60 plus on one 2 inch figure is just too much for me. For $10 more I can get a couple Archives/Masterworks or an Omnibus.

Looking at the two different Supes, each is cool. Each looks a little different. I like both of them.

And at the price point, I don't mind a few doubles here and there.

Dammit, Jim. We're all in the same gang.

They're here, they're opened, and they're beautiful! I can't add anything others haven't already said, but to repeat that these figures are great! Ironically, this should be a fix that lasts a while, but these are so good that I'm already looking for the next wave. heh

The full-head mask with painted-on face works after all. As Timbo said way back last summer, the difference doesn't matter in real life. This being a collection of figures where Spider-Man looks like a pinhead compared to the Hulk, the eye just accepts it. It's worth the trade off of having a whole new expression underneath. I would like, it would very cool, if the face part was intended so slight in the molding process -- then the effect would be perfect!

I noticed the Cylon assortments used a softer plastic for the arms and legs, something more akin to the plastic used for accessories. Looks like the DC figures are going the same route. This softer plastic makes for a snugger fit on the ball joints, particuarly ones that have been painted. No broken ball joints yet though (knock on wood). But it sounds like the new stuff may not be tough enough for knees.

And for Danny, because I know you track such things: the DC mates are using a pelvis mold with the shorter torso peg. huh. Still the old school knees.

so the guys that did get them should suffer? it is a double edged sword...

Suffer ? :rolleyes:

Do you really think they shouldn't remake those characters because they were already made in limited quantities in a poorly distributed line ? If you want to make the case that they should make them over time and distribute them evenly among newly made characters (which is what theyve done with the first five waves), so be it, but the C3 characters need to be remade not only to A) Make comic accurate versions of the characters (of higher quality to boot) but to B ) Give people a legitimate shot to buy them... a failing line of under-distributed, overpriced legos wasn't that shot. You just can't have some of your most iconic characters missing because they were already made in a line that few people bought.

Nobody is going to "suffer", but some of us already have the C3 figures and are ready for new ones, not rehashes. At the same time, I know that DCD will redo the C3 figures. Its just common sense. I would do it too. Who cares, just keep'em coming.

Ok, when I made my post earlier I was under the impression you meant because the figures weren't good, hence I said Nightwing is my favorite.

I do agree that for the new collector some retreads are a must, I only hope they wait a while before they do it. I'm sure Flash, Martian Manhunter, Nightwing, and many of the Batman Villians will see some rereleases. And, while I own every C3 Minimates, I will still do my part of buying them again just because I can't control myself :). neo

Hi,

Does anyone have a good suggestion of where online I can order a set of DC wave 1? Stuckakid seems to be out of stock. Any thoughts/help would be appreciated, thanks!

My LCS did not order any, that's why I'm behind :-(

Try http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/