UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Waves 17,18, Box Sets, Target Excl.. all Spider-Man?

The Vox

Ignoring the potential flame war, I'd have to agree that I wouldn't consider anything finalized until DST announces something either confirming or denying what Wizard is saying. After all, some of the information in the latest ToyFare article was out dated or otherwise inaccurate (contents of BttF box set, for instance), and it wouldn't be the first time that information was reported that was later changed. In addition, we know that DST had no Spidey 3 minimates to show at Toy Fair, despite earlier hints that we'd see something in the Radical report. It could be that at some point, they had two lines of Spidey stuff planned, but may have altered those plans.

However, if it is true and we do get two waves of Spidey, I don't forsee it killing the line in any way. As I said before, in the past, when AA/DST has put out several waves of newly sculpted stuff, they usually slip back into a couple of waves of simpler stuff. Why not let them blow their load on Spidey stuff then lay off it for a while so they can continue to give us waves like Avengers afterwards?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignoring the potential flame war, I'd have to agree that I wouldn't consider anything finalized until DST announces something either confirming or denying what Wizard is saying. After all, some of the information in the latest ToyFare article was out dated or otherwise inaccurate (contents of BttF box set, for instance), and it wouldn't be the first time that information was reported that was later changed. In addition, we know that DST had no Spidey 3 minimates to show at Toy Fair, despite earlier hints that we'd see something in the Radical report. It could be that at some point, they had two lines of Spidey stuff planned, but may have altered those plans.

However, if it is true and we do get two waves of Spidey, I don't forsee it killing the line in any way. As I said before, in the past, when AA/DST has put out several waves of newly sculpted stuff, they usually slip back into a couple of waves of simpler stuff. Why not let them blow their load on Spidey stuff then lay off it for a while so they can continue to give us waves like Avengers afterwards?

Hurrah sanity returns... :)

T.

Nope I dont see it as a problem as long as the source of your information is credited, I just commented that's still speculation not news yet.

No, actually you commented that news is "leeched" from MMMV. I disagree. Would you say the New York Times leeches from the Associated Press newswire? No, because they credit the source. We do as well.

Yep it was there for all of about 5 seconds, I took it down because I realised there would be an overreaction from certain parties and I was right.

I don't see any overreaction on my part or Fujis. Just asking for an explanation.

I'm not sure Inflammitory is the right word that would imply it's not true.

T.

It was inflammitory. That's why you deleted it.

Did I say anything about giving credit? Nope I just commented that you've posted nothing on MMHQ in the last week that you havent read hear first.

Actually that's not true. You can scroll through the latest articles and see that there were a few that I found first. But that doesn't matter, and I would hardly call this overreacting when you have openly attacked me and the HQ. We are a blog, of course we use other sources of information! What does it matter where I read it first?!

Ok lets just get this out in the open and done with... I'm not taking the blame for your insecurities Fujis.

Where did I attack the HQ?, you do get a very sizable percentage of your news from here, is telling the truth an attack?

Where did I make comments about giving credit until AFTER you started that topic?

Do not forget Fujis decided to start this be quoting a post I decided to take down within seconds of posting.

T.

Did I say anything about giving credit? Nope I just commented that you've posted nothing on MMHQ in the last week that you havent read hear first.

Actually that's not true. You can scroll through the latest articles and see that there were a few that I found first. But that doesn't matter, and I would hardly call this overreacting when you have openly attacked me and the HQ. We are a blog, of course we use other sources of information! What does it matter where I read it first?!

Ok lets just get this out in the open and done with... I'm not taking the blame for your insecurities Fujis.

Where did I attack the HQ?, you do get a very sizable percentage of your news from here, is telling the truth an attack?

Where did I make comments about giving credit until AFTER you started that topic?

Do not forget Fujis decided to start this be quoting a post I decided to take down within seconds of posting.

Nice try, Tim, but you don't get to be the good guy here. You posted a comment while I happened to be online so I quoted it. And you said that all I do is "leech" information from the Multiverse. By "leeching" I assume you meant that we steal information which is why I remarked that we always give credit for the source of the info and we always link back here if the info came from here.

And I am not insecure about my writing practices but I do get upset when someone posts something that is obviously designed to get a reaction from me and then complains that I actually read it.

MMHQ does use the Multiverse for a lot of news as does MMC. Does Danny 'leech" from the Multiverse as well? We are both fan-sites which use the forum as a resourse as is done all over the web.

I for one am happy for these Spider-man box sets/waves, or whatever they are going to be called IF they are going to be mass market sets. With Spider-man 3 coming out, kids and adults will eat up anything with a spider on it's chest, so these MM should sell well as long as people can easily find them. These people, who may not be MM collectors, will look at the toys, play with the toys, and at some point, there will be new MM collectors born who will, just like I did, eat up anything they can get their hands on, and be excited for future releases.

I think that while the marketing move on puttting out so many Spidey sets is great, by the time they hit shelves(if these are 17/18)is going to be awful. Much of the hype is going to be gone, unless DST can release them to coincide with the DVD release. And like CR said, for these to be a hit, they must be avaliable to the mass market!

Nice try, Tim, but you don't get to be the good guy here. You posted a comment while I happened to be online so I quoted it. And you said that all I do is "leech" information from the Multiverse. By "leeching" I assume you meant that we steal information which is why I remarked that we always give credit for the source of the info and we always link back here if the info came from here.

And I am not insecure about my writing practices but I do get upset when someone posts something that is obviously designed to get a reaction from me and then complain that I actually read it.

MMHQ does use the Multiverse for all of news as does MMC. Does Danny 'leech" from the Multiverse as well? We are both fan-sites which use the forum as a resourse as is done all over the web.

LOL ok mr overreaction...Good guy or not, you're the one who's making a big deal of this not me.

THIS is what was very briefly posted..

"If you wish to believe it's really wave 17 & 18 go and make an article at MMHQ about it like all the other news you leech from here, no one is stopping you."

Leeching meant that yes you suck a lot of information from here, If you'd taken the post in context you would have seen it was meant to say that you shouldn't take the 'anouncement' seriously until we get it confirmed. If you take offence at the word leecing then how about I change it to taking or reusing, does that make it better?

You are the one who keeps bringing up the topic of giving credit not me, in fact I hadn't mentioned it until WAY after you did.

I dont know why you bring Danny into this, there is a partnership between him and MMMV there and he's totally entitled to repost the info, and it's totally irrelevent to this topic.

T.

I know I jumped the gun on this kinda situation yesterday, but I think me and everyone else have had enough. Either someone needs to be the bigger man and end it(I am NOT pointing fingers at anyone!), or TAKE IT TO PM!

Disclaimer: In no way am I trying to act like a mod and/or admin, as I know I am not one. I just feel that once an argument takes up a whole page of what was suppossed to be general discussion and/or speculation, it is time to either end it, or if the parties involved want to continue, they can and should take it elsewhere. That's just my $0.02.

I agree it's gone on long enough Logan and I suggest that as this whole 'diversion' is now totally off topic and we obviously have differing views that are not going to change that we let it drop and normality return.

I'm not taking it to PM cos there's nothing else that needs to be said.

T.

I know I jumped the gun on this kinda situation yesterday, but I think me and everyone else have had enough. Either someone needs to be the bigger man and end it(I am NOT pointing fingers at anyone!), or TAKE IT TO PM!

Disclaimer: In no way am I trying to act like a mod and/or admin, as I know I am not one. I just feel that once an argument takes up a whole page of what was suppossed to be general discussion and/or speculation, it is time to either end it, or if the parties involved want to continue, they can and should take it elsewhere. That's just my $0.02.

Thank god someone said it for me. No one else needs to hear this, escpesially not in a thread about SPIDER-MAN 3 MINIMATES!

Edit: Sorry TBT, said this while you typed that.

I'm not taking it to PM cos there's nothing else that needs to be said.

T.

That's fine, just as long as it's over, and we can get back to speculating. Thanks.

LOL ok mr overreaction...Good guy or not, you're the one who's making a big deal of this not me.

THIS is what was very briefly posted..

"If you wish to believe it's really wave 17 & 18 go and make an article at MMHQ about it like all the other news you leech from here, no one is stopping you."

Leeching meant that yes you suck a lot of information from here, If you'd taken the post in context you would have seen it was meant to say that you shouldn't take the 'anouncement' seriously until we get it confirmed. If you take offence at the word leecing then how about I change it to taking or reusing, does that make it better?

You are the one who keeps bringing up the topic of giving credit not me, in fact I hadn't mentioned it until WAY after you did.

I dont know why you bring Danny into this, there is a partnership between him and MMMV there and he's totally entitled to repost the info, and it's totally irrelevent to this topic.

T.

Enough with the snide comments, Tim. I am not over-reacting to this situation. You said that we "leech" information from this site and the reason that I bring Danny into this and why it is perfectly relevant is that we are both fan sites that use this as their prime source of information. Direct or indirection affiliation does not make the practices of MMHQ "leeching". I have also explained why I mentioned giving credit - which was in response to your remarks in the first place.

And the only reason I keep bringing it up is that you continuing attacking in your passive-aggressive way and trying to brush off the whole thing like it was nothing. I tried to take it to PM's but you said you weren't interested so until you stop insulting me and the HQ, I will keep responding.

In case it got lost in the shuffle.. ;)

You know I cant see 1 target wave, a box set and then 2 spidey series, That's what 20+ spiderman/venom variants, not even Chuck is obsessed/crazy enough to do that.

I can see it being what we've seen plus one wave of spidey3 , I still say that release is confused.

T.

In the case that that is what happens, T, then we might have to take a nod from Mystery Man and rename the Marvel line "Spider-Man and his Amazing Minimate Friends" :P

That is quite a bit of Spider-Mans (yeah, Spider-Mans. Not Spider-Men :P )...but who would want a freaking "Limited" Mary Jane, anyway? They tried her. And failed. Dang, she was so ugly...AND that's a lot of Venoms. Wow. We need more Green Goblins! :D

I don't think it's hard to believe to we can end uo with that many spider-man mates. Even I can get too much reharshed Spidey villians. I want different ones.

These Wolverine came out or will come out relatively close to their releases.

Wolerine TRU

Wolverine AXM

Wolverine X3

Wolverine/Iceman - Target

AXM Wolverine/Colossus - Target

and way before that Spidey/Gaijin Wolverine II pack in the past Target Rolling stock.

5 Wolverines? Not to mention X-Men heavy.

...but who would want a freaking "Limited" Mary Jane, anyway? They tried her. And failed. Dang, she was so ugly...

Ah, but Chuck's been dying to redo MJ since her first appearance. Suppose they make her up right this time? Maybe she'll look like Kirsten Dunst? Make mine MJ! :)

Wasn't it mentioned once that minimates from past waves could be re-included in future waves. I mean do I need another Gwen and M.J. I know there featured in the film but still, but if there gunna be jus a slight variation of the past figures....woopee. Now a dead Gwen Stacey mate....that i'd be interested in. Also not happy about a chase now bein a common to get figure, if its a rare varirent, it sud stay a rare varient. For me, if these waves are correct...way too many spideys, cud av dropped 2 spideys fer 2 villains instead.

B)-->

QUOTE(O.B @ Feb 16 2007, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wasn't it mentioned once that minimates from past waves could be re-included in future waves. I mean do I need another Gwen and M.J. I know there featured in the film but still, but if there gunna be jus a slight variation of the past figures....woopee. Now a dead Gwen Stacey mate....that i'd be interested in. Also not happy about a chase now bein a common to get figure, if its a rare varirent, it sud stay a rare varient. For me, if these waves are correct...way too many spideys, cud av dropped 2 spideys fer 2 villains instead.

My guess is that if the news is correct then they'll be new takes on those characters, lets face it we've come a long way since those two.

I also wonder if they'll give Gwen underwear this time ;)

T.

My guess is that if the news is correct then they'll be new takes on those characters, lets face it we've come a long way since those two.

I also wonder if they'll give Gwen underwear this time ;)

T.

Man I hope not.... :wub:

In the case that that is what happens, T, then we might have to take a nod from Mystery Man and rename the Marvel line "Spider-Man and his Amazing Minimate Friends" :P

Man, I was kidding when I said that.

But seeing all these Spider-Man re-hashes makes me want to throw up in disgust.

What a bunch of crap.

How many shit versions of the same people are we going to get? Where's the Lizard and Mysterio and Hobgoblin? Give me the Black Fox for cryin' out loud.

Gah. Just when I thought they were getting their act together.