UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Waves 17,18, Box Sets, Target Excl.. all Spider-Man?

The Vox

It wouldn't surprise me to see DST do a bunch of Spider-Man MM waves in a row. Think about it, get the peoples appetites wet with the boxed set and Target exclusive wave, then hit 'em up with 2 Spidey 3 waves back to back. Face it, there are a hell of a lot characters and variations of them to do from the upcoming movie. Now why didn't they do this with the X-men 3 wave? Cause that movie has come and gone, Spidey 3 will soon be the here and now. Hasbro's going to milk the hell out of the property so why shouldn't DST? Come to think of it, Toybiz (at the time) didn't even make 1 X3 figure. Face it, Spider-Man just seems to be the more popular license in the toy world. So if wave 17 & 18 are Spider-man 3 orientated... let it come and go. There will be plenty of years of MM comin' down the pipe and all of our wants and dreams will eventually come to fruition. We all know that DST is unpredictable with their releases of MMs, so let's just wait and see what happens. It's MMs people, let's enjoy them!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From "a future" previews...

PAGE 193

MAR07 3020 MARVEL MINIMATES 2-PK SER 17 ASST (C: 1-1-4) SRP: $6.99 = $

MAR07 3021 MARVEL MINIMATES 2-PK SER 18 ASST (C: 1-1-4) SRP: $6.99 = $

MAR07 3022 MARVEL MINIMATES PX CLASSIC SPIDER-MAN BX SET (C: 1-1-4) SRP: $19.99 = $

PX = Previews Exclusive btw, which really means nothing as all comic shops will have them.

Bring on as many Spider-man waves as you can. I'm ready.

Where's the Lizard and Mysterio and Hobgoblin? Give me the Black Fox for cryin' out loud.

Here's your Hobgoblin (insert plug)

Hobgoblin.jpg

The only plug I know of is the one AA uses to hold back new characters in favor of the same ones.

Sorry, but I'm sore about this.

That's a good one...sorry you're peeved about this.

How many shit versions of the same people are we going to get? Where's the Lizard and Mysterio and Hobgoblin? Give me the Black Fox for cryin' out loud.

I agree. I'm all for more Spidey based minimates but I want more than Spider-Man in the classic costume and the same villains. Personally I'm not AS fond of the classic costume as I am of some of the varients like Iron Spidey, Scarlet and the Armour. Granted I didn't get the Black costume first time around, I'm happy I'll FINALLY be able to get Civil War, the Green Goblin and "Web Armor Spiderman" minimates could be interesting and Hydro Man is someone I'm quite happy to get, but the rest I either have before or ignored last time because I didn't want them. Plus there's the fact I may not be able to easily get the box set and Target exclusives due to my location.

Frankly if I want any Spidey minimate re-released, it's Spider-Man 2099. I'd like to see a version with the cape and a deeper red for his costume (I am aware of customising but it's not something I'm into).

i dont mind having mary jane as a minimate (if shes good this time) but why make her a variant???? i dont want gwen stacy, shes played by the ugliest lady ever!!! (see Lady in the Water it sucked) i want MJ cuz shes a least played by a HOT gal!!! and why would u want to pay $26 more for a venom in wave 17 that u can get in wave 18!?!?!?

I believe this is the problem with incorporating Movie Minimates into the regular line. I totally know how Mystery Man feels but I'm partial to looking at it from Mini-Mytes perspective. Part of the reason I'm okay with it is because these are movie figures and I feel they are separate from the regular comic license run of the line. To me, this year from the comic license we are getting 1 wave Avengers, Spidey Target packs, Zombies Box set, Spidey Box sets. That's just the way I look at it. Who knows, hopefully we'll get a summer exclusive from the comic license.

So far it has not been too great a reaction for the movie licenses in minimate form., mainly Marvel.

Yes I'm still hoping they'll have a FF Movie license. ;)

^^^ Yes, cuz then we would get a Jessica Alba Minimate :wub:

EDIT: I know, Max was played by Jess, but this one would be more easily obtainable for me!

The 3" Max minimate hardly did Jessica any justice.

My thoughts exactly. We need a better rendition of(IMO) the hottest woman in the world!

And besides, Bryce Dallas Howard is not the ugliest woman ever. That title goes to Michael Jackson.

I for one think these will be great. Really great. While I think 4 box sets would've actually been a little cooler, looking at that Sandman sillouhette AND envisioning going to the theater to see SM3 with a SM3 minimate in my pocket...this'll be cool. And, the previous Gwen looked a tiny chunky and had a Barbie face. My guess for MJ and Gwen would be that they can't do any worse than they already have.

And besides, Bryce Dallas Howard is not the ugliest woman ever. That title goes to Michael Jackson.

I for one think these will be great. Really great. While I think 4 box sets would've actually been a little cooler, looking at that Sandman sillouhette AND envisioning going to the theater to see SM3 with a SM3 minimate in my pocket...this'll be cool. And, the previous Gwen looked a tiny chunky and had a Barbie face. My guess for MJ and Gwen would be that they can't do any worse than they already have.

more boxsets? why? I agree, the Gwen Stacy looks like a McDonalds toy not a MM. She sorta looks possesed also, sorta scares me as she sits on the shelf and stares back at me :verymad:

Gwen Stacy does look a little possessed now that I think about it. Thanks, here comes the nightmares. I've never liked it and I think I'm going to turn her into Supergirl just for kicks. I hope the new mates have a BIG revamp on both girls.