UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Waves 17,18, Box Sets, Target Excl.. all Spider-Man?

The Vox

I'm having a hard time getting all of the Spidey news straight. Of course we have all seen the pages of the toy mag with the following:

This set has been listed as SPRING and JULY so a little clarification would help.. The Spidey Box Set list has shown up in more than one place as follows:

Hydro-Man, "never to appear outside this set, "

Powerhouse Venom,

Melee Symbiote Spider-Man,

Powerhouse Sandman

classic “Torment†Spider-Man!

Target 2 Packs from Toy Mag (are these exclusive to Target? so Web armor is only in a Target pack??)

Torment Spiderman & Powerhouse Venom

Melee Symbiote Spiderman & Powerhouse Sandman

Civil War Spiderman & Transformation Venom

Web Armor Spiderman & Green Goblin w/mask

Then over at Wizard Universe they are listing Marvel Series 17 & 18 as Spidey Sets..

? what the?

Wave 17: Red Spider-Man/New Goblin, Black-Suited Spider-Man/Sandman, Peter Parker/Eddie Brock and a limited Venom!

Wave 18: Transformation Spider-Man/Venom, Battle Damage Spider-Man/Sandman, Unmasked Black-Suited Spider-Man/Gwen Stacy and the limited Mary Jane!

Don't get me wrong, I love Spidey and I am excited about many of these upcoming (civil war iron spidey and web armor spidey) but doesn't this seem like a bit much? Is all of this accurate? When do we get the official break down of where all of these fit? Are we really getting back to back waves of spiderman plus Target exclusives? (I don't remember Target ever getting a guy like Web Armor Spidey that has not been done anywhere else.. all of the Target "variants" have been guys that are already out there.. with a different smile painted on.. not a completely new guy) (I know someone will argue that Spidey is not new but a Silver Web Armor Spiderman is a VERY distinct character.. just surprised me that's all)

So ya, totally confused by all of this, Spring vs. July, tons of sets with dupe characters and lots and lots of spidey. When will we have the official dif-list up?

Thanks

Vox :thumbsup:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Fuji:

http://wizarduniverse.stores.yahoo.net/mar073020.html

That's for wave 17

and for wave 18

http://wizarduniverse.stores.yahoo.net/mar073021.html

no photos available on the site for series 17 or 16 but..

The Spidey Box Set has a great picture here:

http://wizarduniverse.stores.yahoo.net/mar073022.html

Vox :thumbsup:

Hmm, anyone else think this is the end of Marvel? I mean, 3 waves(including Target) of nothing but Spidey rehashes!?! That's is just too much.

On a lighter note, the new pic for the Spider-Man Boxset is awesome! Looks like venom does get the clawed hands and Spidey's feet and sides are painted!

Thanks TBT, I've been having a hard time swallowing it all.. and all the different dates made me wonder. I guess I'll just have to be patient and see how it all unfolds.

Wizards Wave 18 Does look like the movie line up but on 17 they list Peter Parker and Eddy Brock and I haven't seen them listed in the box sets or target sets so that was throwing me a bit.

Still a little confusing...

The Important Question to me right now is: Are we really getting the Target Spidey 2-Packs this Spring?

Holy cow! The webs are on Spidey's feet in the box set?! That's a first. Also, it looks like that version features wrap around paint apps unlike what was shown at Toy Fair. Also, it seems Venom has lost the tongue and gained the fingered hands again. And Sandman features a transparent accessory too. It'll be interesting to see exactly what hits this summer/fall.

I don't think two waves of Spider-Man 3 would kill the Marvel line. So long as they hit relatively close to each other (which one would assume they would) and feature something outside of a bunch of blank minimates painted different colors, then it has the potential to drag in a few more fans. And if you think this is the future of minimates, just remember they've unleashed a ton of new stuff this year and probably need a breather wave or two, which would seem to be Spidey 3.

(Yes, I'm back to defending AA/DST and their repaint Spidey practices. Amazing what a week of minimate goodness will do, huh?)

I'd ignore that for now... it looks like they are the Target wave and the spidey 3 wave not 17&18.

Even though there are new characters listed?

Holy cow! The webs are on Spidey's feet in the box set?!

Where have you seen pics with webbing on the feet?

Fujis, scroll back up the page, its the 3rd link I posted. It refers to the Spidey Box Set.

Vox

Sorry for the confusion, I did add that about 30 seconds after. I was trying to keep them all together for future readers.

I'd ignore that for now... it looks like they are the Target wave and the spidey 3 wave not 17&18.

Even though there are new characters listed?.

Yep, It doesn't tie in with anything we've seen elsewhere.

I cant see two waves of Spidey 3 variant mates and everything in 'wave 17' has been mentioned as target or boxset already, the wave 18 is most likely the 'spidey 3' stuff that has been mentioned but not shown.

As I said it conflicts with the release schedule we know of in that they're saying July, and we're not due wave 16 til Autumn.

Matt, care to comment?

T.

and everything in 'wave 17' has been mentioned as target or boxset already...

"This assortment consists of: Red Spider-Man/New Goblin, Black-Suited Spider-Man/Sandman, Peter Parker/Eddie Brock and a limited Venom!"

I don't think Red Spider-Man/New Goblin or Peter Parker/Eddie Brock (variant Venom) were mentioned anywhere before this. And unless the 'Black Suited Spider-Man' is 'Melee Symbiote Spider-Man' then that one is new as well.

Definitely some info isn't correct. Can someone confirm this?

I can only consider that these may be potential line-ups.

DST is working on Spider-man 3 Busts and they mention Red Spider-man and New Green Goblin for some of the names so it is possible. Come on, SM3 is a huge license and considering it will be relatively fresh, I can see two waves.

I will say that after so many rehashes of Venom/Sandman/Green Goblin, I'm gonna want some more different villians and Avengers after all this!!! Where is the Hulk love?

My theory:

Box Set Spider-Man: A collection of Target releases plus Hydroman.

Target Exclusive Wave: The ones we've seen pictured in Toy Fare magazine.

Marvel Wave 17 and 18: All new Spider-Man 3 Minimates. I don't think we've seen ANY of these yet. No duplication of the Target Wave or Box Set.

If you wish to believe it's really wave 17 & 18 go and make an article at MMHQ about it like all the other news you leech from here, no one is stopping you.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?! I always give proper credit for the source.

... like all the other news you leech from here ...

T.

You make it sound like a bad thing, distilling news on MMHQ from MMMV. Do you think that is a problem?

If you wish to believe it's really wave 17 & 18 go and make an article at MMHQ about it like all the other news you leech from here, no one is stopping you.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?! I always give proper credit for the source.

And now the inflammatory post is gone. I take it TBT deleted.

My theory:

Box Set Spider-Man: A collection of Target releases plus Hydroman.

Target Exclusive Wave: The ones we've seen pictured in Toy Fare magazine.

Marvel Wave 17 and 18: All new Spider-Man 3 Minimates. I don't think we've seen ANY of these yet. No duplication of the Target Wave or Box Set.

You know I cant see that happening, That's what 20+ spiderman/venom variants, not even Chuck is obsessed/stupid enough to do that.

I can see it being what we've seen plus one wave of spidey3 , I still say that release is confused.

T.

Wow that post was there for at most 5 seconds before I deleted it, because I knew you'd over react, are you just sitting here clicking refresh?

Did I say anything about giving credit? Nope I just commented that you've posted nothing on MMHQ in the last week that you havent read hear first.

T.

Did I say anything about giving credit? Nope I just commented that you've posted nothing on MMHQ in the last week that you havent read hear first.

Actually that's not true. You can scroll through the latest articles and see that there were a few that I found first. But that doesn't matter, and I would hardly call this overreacting when you have openly attacked me and the HQ. We are a blog, of course we use other sources of information! What does it matter where I read it first?!

You make it sound like a bad thing, distilling news on MMHQ from MMMV. Do you think that is a problem?

Nope I dont see it as a problem as long as the source of your information is credited, I just commented that's still speculation not news yet.

And now the inflammatory post is gone. I take it TBT deleted.

Yep it was there for all of about 5 seconds, I took it down because I realised there would be an overreaction from certain parties and I was right.

I'm not sure Inflammitory is the right word that would imply it's not true.

T.

If I may, I want to post my opinion:

Fujis(and JP) repost things on the HQ to appeal to a wider audience than the one over here. By no means is he "leaching" as you put it Tim. And, IIRC: Fujis(or JP) always give credit were credit is due, and always posts a link to join in n the discussion over here. Also, I found out about Ady's new forum(MMMV) thru the HQ and there is probably a couple more people who have done the same, so if anything, I'd say JP and Fujis are contributing(somewhat) to the forum's growth.