UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NEW Target Rolling Stock!

AdyCarter

I'm not impressed by the packaging at all.

I am. It's far more mass market-friendly. It's peggable and you can see the figures included from the top of the box instead of the useless Minimates logo. It's gotta be more expensive though, unless they're planning on using this going forward in the specialty market as well.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. It is now peggable, but from a design stand-point, the packaging makes a horrible mistake in that the picture is divided up on two different plains. If they had made the pics just on the front, before the kick back, you would be able to see both of the figures clearly. The way it is, it's harder to see the upper figure being that it's cut in two...

Small little complaint. That's all.

The pegs are great and are necessary, which I do like. I also agree that the top of the boxes needed an upgrade but not like this. Like antacost stated, the pic of one minimate is on two plains and it makes it harder to see. As I stated earlier, if the pack is at a high sight line, namely if kids have to look up at the pack, it looks silly and you can't see the left minimate. It's a flaw, that's all.

It seems they just can't get it right. The old blister packs are still the best for presentation purposes.

I just picked up all the sets and I have to say, The Ghost Rider/Daredevil set is amazing. I also like the Spider-Woman in the set, but my Riot Spidey has a bad face app, so that isn't too good. The Spider-Woman is different from the other one (Someone else probably already mentioned it though).

Okay, quick question before I run these back to the store. I hit target today and found all four 2 packs (yay!) and nailed them. But the Spiderwoman/Riot Spidey and the Colossus/Wolvy pack, all those characters come in the 2 TRU 4 packs, correct? So I could actually return these, get those, and still have what I'd gotten in the first place? Cause if there's no difference, I'm going to do that. Unless some one wants to trade me :P

The old blister packs are still the best for presentation purposes.

And the most expensive. Although I can't help thinking that with the increase in prices, DST would be able to add a diecut window to the box and still maintain a decent margin.

Hey I didn't say they we're cheap. :P Although everything else non-marvel as we know now will be window or blister packaging. I can understand why they would not go that route to save a few bucks and considering they're dealing with mass retail. I still like your original idea of having the faces on top of the box. Having them on pegs is great, but it just doesn't look right. It's that simple and it's not the end of the world. One of my beefs about blister packaging is their lack of stackability and the new packaging wins in this area.

Wow, I've been out of the loop for a while. We have "new" minimates?! I hope these hit TRU in 4-pack form soon, as my local Target doesn't carry minimates, last I checked. Still, with the new peg hanging design, maybe that'll change soon. I agree that the package design is a little awkward, with the picture on a fold like that. Maybe if the front of the box was more curved like the new 4-packs, it wouldn't seem so off? Based solely on the pictures we've seen up here (don't have the figures in hand yet, so I can't pass judgement) they look much better than the protos we saw some time ago. The details on DD's mask look much neater and more like shadows/less like blotches of ink. My only reservation is that the details on the mask don't match the pre-existing details of the old mask mold. The drawn eyes don't match the indented eyes of the mask.

And in regards to the earlier comment about Spider-Woman's face, the expression would have looked better if they had used a flesh tone head instead of a red one.

Minor issues aside, I'm happy that the mates are starting to roll again, that Target is keeping a rolling stock of mates on the shelves (in most places), and that the paint apps are starting to improve. Happy New Year to the minimate fans.

Found these at a Target on Sunday. They had reset their toy aisle with a bunch of new stuff. Picked up Daredevil/Ghost Rider (like the updates to both) and a second Kitty/Beast pack (to make non-phasing Kitty). Had I known Target would have had them, I wouldn't have gotten them at the local toy store. But it was good to see them. My Target, however, put out the Minimates on the shelf like before, rather than hanging them up.

Checked my target today....Poopie! Nothign was there. I think there must have been a huge christmas clearance sale because their were 3 rows that barely had anything on them. But I did see a peg that said marvel minis 5.99 but nothing was their, besides the new marvel legends.

If someone could help me get the dd and Ghostrider set I would be your slave forever.

Checked my target today....Poopie! Nothign was there. I think there must have been a huge christmas clearance sale because their were 3 rows that barely had anything on them. But I did see a peg that said marvel minis 5.99 but nothing was their, besides the new marvel legends.

Yep that's happened at several Targets. And yes they took the minis and they were probably released a few weeks ago.

Having them on pegs is great, but it just doesn't look right. It's that simple and it's not the end of the world. One of my beefs about blister packaging is their lack of stackability and the new packaging wins in this area.

As a mass market manufacturer who deals with Target regularly, I have no doubt that it was Target's toy buyer who insisted on peggable packaging. With a product that small, it just makes more sense in the planogram than sticking it on the shelf with other larger boxes. The counter displayer was okay for comic shops but the packaging didn't lend itself well to mass market display.

As a mass market manufacturer who deals with Target regularly, I have no doubt that it was Target's toy buyer who insisted on peggable packaging. With a product that small, it just makes more sense in the planogram than sticking it on the shelf with other larger boxes. The counter displayer was okay for comic shops but the packaging didn't lend itself well to mass market display.

Fully agree and totally understand.

Okay, checked it out. SW/SM and Co/Wolvy are repacks from the TRU 4 packs.

Kitty/Beast are from S13

Colossus/Wolverine are from S13/TRU 4-pack

SW/RSM are from TRU 4-Pack with RSM also in S12

Ok, I was at Target in Plano and they did not have any of the new 2 packs, but they have a but load of Christmast clearance. They had a lot of X-men DVD Minimates which they are clearing out for $7.00. I am waiting to see what they will be restocking in a couple of weeks. I hope its some exclusives or new minimates with variants. :D

I just checked Target and they had these! Yay! None of the Targets around here got in the blue suit Professor X so I was a little worried that they wouldn't get these in.

They're quite cool, even though they are character repeats. Unfortunately it appears as though there is some degradation in the mold for Daredevil's belt. His sticks won't stay in as snug as they used to and fall out if you lay him down.

*edit: Actually it seems to be purposely re-sculpted like that. Instead of the oval hole, it's now square and slightly larger. The perfect size and shape hole for one of the Minimate hand guns. Although that wouldn't be the best accessory for Daredevil...

If anybody noticed, a couple of interesting name changes in the variant Sentry and Luke Cage's names. On the back, it says Vault Escape Sentry where it was known as Raft Sentry in the regular series and Luke Cage is now Powerman.

It just dawned on me that the Sentry never escaped the Vault. Odd choice of name there.

I just checked Target and they had these! Yay! None of the Targets around here got in the blue suit Professor X so I was a little worried that they wouldn't get these in.

They're quite cool, even though they are character repeats. Unfortunately it appears as though there is some degradation in the mold for Daredevil's belt. His sticks won't stay in as snug as they used to and fall out if you lay him down.

*edit: Actually it seems to be purposely re-sculpted like that. Instead of the oval hole, it's now square and slightly larger. The perfect size and shape hole for one of the Minimate hand guns. Although that wouldn't be the best accessory for Daredevil...

I noticed that to. I freaked out when his billy clubs fell out. I almost lost them. Needless to say I wasn't happy. Though that is interesting about the hand guns. Perhaps we can expect a reuse?

If you notice, GR's flame hair doesn't fit at all. It just kinda sits there, thanks to his giant pack piece. I trimmed my hair piece down in the back with a sweeping motion, and he works fine now. Too bad about the belt though. Wonder why they didn't go with the chains?

EDIT: WOH! I just realized who you were! *glomps* Happy first post, dude! :D

I noticed that to. I freaked out when his billy clubs fell out. I almost lost them. Needless to say I wasn't happy. Though that is interesting about the hand guns. Perhaps we can expect a reuse?

If you notice, GR's flame hair doesn't fit at all. It just kinda sits there, thanks to his giant pack piece. I trimmed my hair piece down in the back with a sweeping motion, and he works fine now. Too bad about the belt though. Wonder why they didn't go with the chains?

EDIT: WOH! I just realized who you were! *glomps* Happy first post, dude! :D

Hey, thanks! And thanks for inviting my here, what, three months ago? Talk about procrastination :P

And yeah I was wondering if that might mean a future re-use or possibly a scrapped one. Even though the gun strapped to a leg looks bad-ass, a holster on someone's belt would be fantastic.

Just got back from a trip to the local Target, and they actually had minimates! I scored the last Daredevil/Ghost Rider set, but may go back for the last Beast/Kitty set (no need for either the last Wolvie/Colossus set or either of the two Spidey/Spider Woman sets--unless they used a flesh colored head as opposed to red this time). I'm happy to have my new figures, reused parts and all. I was a bit disappointed that they suffer from the same lack of detail on the lower body and sides that the newer waves have been plagued with. And GR not coming with the pictured belt was a bit surprising. I do like the modified DD belt though. Makes it far easier to take the sticks out, as before I had to pull the torso off and really get my fingernail down into the sticks to pull them out. For those who are big on displaying their mates, stick with the old belt. For those looking to play, go with the new one.

The good news is I'm seeing these in every target now, either on pegs or there are pegs and none left.

Where as before we were getting semi random places where they showed up :D

I think this is def progress.

T.