UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cylons are invading

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I'm new here.

I'm a Kubrickaholic/Crackbrickhead, but my love of the new BG show made me break ranks on these!

I love the Cylons! No Bullet holes on my battle damaged one though...although I'm not the type of geek to complain!

I hoped to get more so I could give some away as givts, but the shop I goto only ordered on case of each.

I got one of each of the modern Cylons and all but the battle damaged Commander when it came to the Vintage ones.

Gotta say these are great!

I was able to score 2 more basic Modern Cylons for my lady and my buddy Bill, still several more people out there I know would appreciate these on the desk at work because they are hooked on the show!

Take Care

G

Scored a case of each Cylon sets at my local comic book shop. Plus I was GIVEN (free of charge) the CYLON ELF exclusive from the owner of the shop. Hot damn!

post-85-1167341762_thumb.jpg

post-85-1167341788_thumb.jpg

Dang it! I should have asked my guy about that, as he's really nice, and I probably could have got it, as he's not a BSG fan. Also, one of the bloody ones at my shop had the waist peice missing. ANyone else run into this?

Double checked just to make sure. My comic guy will never ever be getting Minimates in. So, yeah. Looks like I'm on my own if I want these.

I knew I should have konked Matt over the head and stolen his prototypes!

Just kidding Matt. We still love you! :P

I'm still confused. What is the "downloaded Cylon"?

"Downloaded" is the shinier one that is one per case... You've really gotta look hard to notice the difference, but he is shinier...

I got the unfortunate news that my LCS wasn't going to be getting any more Minimates. (I wish they had told me this BEFORE waves 12, 13, and Cylons came out...) Luckily, a specialty toy store near me just got them in. They overcharge for them, but they were having a post-holiday sale, so I got them at normal retail prices.

Snagged up 2 regular Centurions, 2 cannon Centurions, 1 bloody, 1 downloaded, and 1 battle damaged.

I'm glad I was able to get them.

I was able to get in an order for a case of the modern cylons at Bigbadtoystore.com on Wednesday. I emailed them and asked them if it would still be honored and they basically said if it let me put it in my cart it would be. The order went through so hopefully I will hear someting soon.

Yeah, I pre-ordered a set of each through them. They are pretty reliable, so I'm expecting to hear something in about a week(it takes a bit to organize and ship I'm sure) unless DST was unable to immediately fullfill all the orders. They'll show-up soon.

I just got my modern cylons from stuckakid today, and I must say these guys are awesome! Both stuckakid and the mates, it took only a couple days after the e-mail they sent me and they were here!!...(I had them pre-ordered)

But anyways, the cylons are mighty cool...now it makes me totally more anxious till the other new BSG mates come out!...and yes I also preordered them from stuckakid too...they are my BSG minimates connection!! :D Thanks guys!

Another BigBadToyStore pre-orderer here. I was on the fence a little too long about whether or not I wanted a full case and missed out on Stuckakid, so they were the next least expensive place a came across that still had pre-orders open. I'm hoping to here sometime in the next two weeks. Seeing these in the hands of other people already has driven me to want them so very much more. Must have more plastic crack!

I just got my modern cylons from stuckakid today, and I must say these guys are awesome! Both stuckakid and the mates, it took only a couple days after the e-mail they sent me and they were here!!...(I had them pre-ordered)

But anyways, the cylons are mighty cool...now it makes me totally more anxious till the other new BSG mates come out!...and yes I also preordered them from stuckakid too...they are my BSG minimates connection!! :D Thanks guys!

Going to have to call em Crackmates.

Its funny, I gave my girlfriend a basic Cylon for her desk at work and she said there are a few people hooked on the show that would love these things.

So they would make cool gifts for people that are not crazy toy geeks as well.

Love when a toy is able to do that!

People who think you are insane for collecting toys end up saying, "You know, that's pretty cool."

I must get a few more to dish out to the BG fans I know, who don't even give toys like this a second look, mostly because they don't know they exist!

G

I am now the happy owner of a dozen classic Cylon Minimates. :)

These look really cute in a Sanrio Hello Kitty kinda way. Hopefully my LCS will pull through and get the modern ones in for me as well.

I noticed the case number for my Cylons was pretty low, something like 117 out of 465. I've no doubt more folks ordered the modern guys than classic, not that they're being sold in numeric order. (Or are they?)