UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cylons are invading

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So DB97, what is it about the classics you don't like? Are they somehow inferior to the modern cylons in paint apps?

Or is it just the overall design isn't as exciting as the new guys?

Nice pics, by-the-way, thanks. We can always count on you for good, clean close-ups.

The manager at the comic shop I go to (The Comic Gallery in San Diego) told me that quite a few people called up the store in the morning asking for the Cylons, particularly cases of them. I wonder if anybody here asked. Anyway, she asked me a while ago if I had any interest since no one else expressed any and I passed. I should have said yes since I would have gotten at least one and some others who called would have gotten some too. They were only allocated one box of each and those cases were already taken up. I'm sorry if it was anybody here I screwed over. :( Even if you're not a regular there, feel free to preorder from them anytime. :)

So DB97, what is it about the classics you don't like? Are they somehow inferior to the modern cylons in paint apps?

Or is it just the overall design isn't as exciting as the new guys?

Growing up I really did like Battlestar Galactica. However I don't think it held up over the years and I can barely watch it now. Don't even get me started on that uber-crappy flying around on motorcycles series.

And like so many other people I was wary of the new series when it was announced. I even fell for the <gasp> Starbuck is a girl? thing. That was really foolish of me because once I saw the mini series, I realized that modern BG is one of the best shows on tv.

So the classic Cylons just seem a little cheesy to me now. They are kind of bulbous (is that a word?) looking to me. A little bit like a weeble wobble. I don't know how to describe them. They just don't do it for me.

So the classic Cylons just seem a little cheesy to me now. They are kind of bulbous (is that a word?) looking to me. A little bit like a weeble wobble. I don't know how to describe them. They just don't do it for me.

That answers my question perfectly, thanks DB. So if I don't mind their bulbous look (yes, that's a word ;) ), I'm sure to be thrilled with them, because I still have a soft spot for the Sci-Fi of my youth. heh

And, YES, please do wait for the Cylon Elf to show up -- mixing him in with the batch of regulars would be priceless!

Where are you getting an elf?

Santa

And until I get it in my hands I am not saying I actually have one. I sure I jinxed myself now.

Oh, yeah. I guess that would make sense. I asked Santa for world peace!

I got mine yesterday. Words don't do justice to tell how cool these guys are. I had assumed that there would be pictures. I am very sorry. But let me try and explain.

Modern

With the claw are awesome by far the best out of the bunch (I bought 2). They stand like a head taller than the other mates. Head and torso pieces are removable I think the hands are too, but so far I have not gotten them to even turn, let alone take off.

Cannon hand, are sweet but not as sweet as the claw

Classic

I only got the stealth one but from what I have seen they are cool too! They come with a sward and a gun, the sword attaches to the belt. This is nice because very few minimates come with accessories and these little guys come with 2! I will be back for more of the sliver.

Now I have to say I have never seen this show and know little about it (it is next on my netflicks) but if you love minimates, heck even if you just sort of like them, pick these bad boys up.

Get them before they get you!

I started renting the new series after seing the pictures of the new Minimates. It's what everybody says it is-one of the best shows on television.

When we'd seen all there was, I rented the original movie the other night. I think we made it through about 30 minutes before giving up. Maybe if we'd watched it before the new series it wouldn't have been so bad, but I doubt it.

I still want some classic Cylons, though.

Weebles... That's what they've reminded me of all this time. I think you've described them perfectly. Still, I can't wait to get mine next week...

Well I'm only interested in Minimates because of BSG so I'm very excited to get my modern case in soon. I finally got around to ordering them last night since a lot of online stores are sold out of the modern cases. I can't wait until we see what's next after this regular character line (with Cain, Starbuck, etc). I've got to get a Col Tigh one! There's so many wonderful characters that this line could go on for a long time. I also hope that they make a new Raptor to go along with all the other ships.