UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Game of Thrones (HBO) Discussion ~no book spoilers allowed~

Zak Katz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see the Snow speculation panning out, but Stannis being saved at literally the last second would feel like a cop out to me, it would be like the Hound turning up in a full body cast and crutches. Plus that sequence already felt way too coincidence-happy with the candle finally getting lit at the exact moment Brienne turned away.

I don't think Reek and Sansa are dead; having grown up in Winterfell, they probably knew that the snow was deep enough to cushion their fall.

I actually took that scene as the complete opposite, the look they gave each other seemed like they both thought it would probably kill them but that was better than getting caught. I think they lived too, but I'll be happy with either as long as next season doesn't open with them having broken legs and a Nurse Ramsay.

The scene is definitely ambiguous. I just don't see them as being suicidal at that moment, though I certainly couldn't blame them. But I do know:

in the book, it's not Sansa that marries Ramsey, but a former handmaiden of hers that's posing as Arya. Ramsey is even worse to her, if you can believe it (there's suggestions of forced bestiality, apparently), and finally Reek helps her escape and they run off together. I suspect the showrunners are following that plotline.

Edited by hellpop

When Jon was being stabbed all I could think of was "did he lose or break someone's watch?"

I have to make light of these deaths.

Anyone believe the Hound is still alive?

An interview with the director confirmed that Stannis is dead. He said it would be too gratuitous to show that, though this being Game of Thrones, I'm not sure I follow that argument :lol:

He also confirmed that Theon and Sansa are alive.

An interview with the director confirmed that Stannis is dead. He said it would be too gratuitous to show that, though this being Game of Thrones, I'm not sure I follow that argument :lol:

He also confirmed that Theon and Sansa are alive.

This is all good news. But the Hound is still alive I tell ye.

Is anybody buying that Jon Snow's eyes change colors at the end? Or that his blood formed a wolf? I've read some articles with some interesting speculation, but don't know what to believe. Jon a White Walker? Warg? I thought I heard Kit signed on for season 6, so he has to be just mostly dead, right? Shame

I've also heard the white in his eyes is Ghost's reflection... The wolf in the blood is there, maybe 3 seconds before the credits, I think it's a coincidence, maybe.

image_zpscv0sqrxs.jpg

image_zpsmusdzbgb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Having just finished the season, I definitely don't think Jon is dead. Melisandre has never been wrong in her predictions before. I think she set Stannis up to fail and bailed for Castle Black to try to get to Jon again. She is powerful and I personally think she'll be key to Jon's resurrection.