UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TM2's customs!

NightViper recently sent me some of his minimates. Included was Witchblade. Now, the Mitchblade Minimate first showed up in the IndieMates set back in in 2006 I believe, though it could have been '05. It was the most recognizable, expected and biggest name in the 4 pack. It also ended up being the worst Minimate. By far. I've had such a problem for a long time with her. So when I got a spare, I decided to fix it. I try brushed silver, and added some highlights. I also started off with a skin colored body rather than a gray one like the original. I then added highlights with black paint and a toothpick, and outlined the Witchblade on her skin. I then used Medusa's shoulder piece from the 3rd, and much more recent, Femme Fatales/IndieMates box set It was really quite fun.

I also took a few shots of Sarah as a cop.

Witchblade1.jpg

Witchblade2.jpg

It needed to be done so bad. Brimstone is pre-BW Manterror. Why we haven't gotten this repaint yet, I have no idea.

I added the wings before painting, because I was afraid he wouldn't look enough like Manterror. Now that I see it I probably could have done without them. IDK, I think they look cool.

I airbrushed green and then painted a metallic teal on the shiny parts. I tried a few things with orange, I don't know if they worked out well or not. The purple is altogether too purple. Still, I'm quite happy.

Manterror1.jpg

Manterror2.jpg

Manterror3.jpg

Manterror4.jpg

Done.

Slapper.

ridsp2.jpg

He's a robot.

ridsp1.jpg

He hangs out with his friends.

ridpreds4.jpg

He transforms into a... Frog?

ridsp5.jpg

I was actually able to get a passable Ger-walk mode out his him, similar to Don's Spittor design in the Ascending comics.

ridsp4.jpg

The crew in vehicular mode.

ridpreds5.jpg

And he's still a boat, but it's not really Cybertronian mode now, is it?

ridsp3.jpg

I hope y'all have enjoyed these as much as I have. :) Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

ridpreds3.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Phew, another photo dump.

Oh no! Groundhog!

zombiehog.jpg

QC Donald Blake

DSC01724.jpg

QC Lab coat Tony

DSC01720.jpg

Ninjas!

DSC01711.jpg

Terminator: Salvation John Connor

DSC01704.jpg

QC Sarah Connor, Tech Nori Arnie and gave Kyle Sin Eater's shotgun

DSC01702.jpg

Tech Nori Arnie

DSC01703.jpg

Pirates!

DSC01708.jpg

Zombies!

DSC01706.jpg

Britons!

DSC01709.jpg

Cap Varnes

DSC01715.jpg

Calico Jack

DSC01718.jpg

Dark Calico Jack

DSC01716.jpg

Zombie Calico Jack

DSC01719.jpg

Sea Spider: Searcher of the Seven Seas. He scours the oceans of the world for his elusive prey, always one step behind the greatest thief to ever set sail...

DSC01712.jpg

Black Cat the Pirate Thief!

DSC01714.jpg

Hitler! (he got screwed up while the paint dried)

DSC01725.jpg

First Class Russian Azzazle

DSC01682.jpg

Banshee

DSC01683.jpg

Lingerie Emma Frost

DSC01685.jpg

W:O Blob can actually be in 2 places at once

DSC01684.jpg

X2

DSC01697.jpg

X3

DSC01701.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• 3 weeks later...

DC Customs galore!

Zsasz. Bob Harris really inspired this one. And it kinda kick started me into the DC game big time.

zsasz.jpg

Zanna. Love this one. DeWolfe's legs.

zanna.jpg

Two Face. Probably my favorite out of all of these.

twoface.jpg

Stephanie Brown Batgirl. 52 took her from us. She earned her place as Batgirl, and was dang good at it too.

spoiler2.jpg

spoiler1.jpg

Scarface and Dummy. Yes, he's really holding Scarface.

scarface2.jpg

scarface1.jpg

Talia al Ghul. Used the same recipe that's been floating around forever.

talia.jpg

Ras Al Ghul. W:O hair, Ocean Master's cape, classic Baltar body.

ras1.jpg

ras2.jpg

Lex Luthor

lex.jpg

QC Mera. Don't like this one, probably won't keep it

mera.jpg

Killer Croc, w/ and w/o powerhouse chest.

croc1.jpg

croc2.jpg

QC Green Lantern.

gl.jpg

Red Lantern Guy Gardner

guy.jpg

Batman

batman1.jpg

batman2.jpg

Bane

bane2.jpg

bane1.jpg

Cpt Atom w/o horrible sigil.

atom.jpg

QC Curt Connors

lizard2.jpg

Hammerhead

hammerhead.jpg

Tombstone

tombstone.jpg

Radioactive Man and Penance out of costume. If anyone has a better idea for Penance's legs, please LMK. :(

radioactiveman.jpg

ASM Lizard w/ coat

lizard.jpg

Iron Man TTA set mix up.

IM1.jpg

Classic Ms Marvel

msmarvel2.jpg

Revengers Ms Marvel inspired by Brobotc Shamrock.

msmarvel1.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Now I know what you mean by galore. :tongue:

Cool DC batch, Dino! Cutting Zsasz really works out, right? I guess it's hard to capture on a photo how good it works. And I really like that Zanna! DeWolf's legs work brilliant. And can we get another shot of Scarface and Dummy to see how you managed to let him hold the little guy?

Sure. I can tell you what I did while my camera recharges. I trimmed a torso and waist piece, and obviously clipped arms and legs. Then i dremeled a hole in his back that allows an arm to barely fit through. It barely kinda works, but he'd be better as an accessory than an actual mate, like Clank.

D'oh! Sorry Shamrock!

Hammerhead is a JJJ, I scratched off the mustache, painted the hair black, and trimmed the torso black down to make him squatter.

Tombstone is a suit (IM1 movie I think) with Bizzaro's head that I cleaned up some of the lines, and movie Colossus' hair painted white. I thought about adding an torso extension, but it looked funny.

Zsasz I got his wrist gauntlets by cutting the hands off Riot Spidey gloves.

I have to say I also really like my Batman Beyond Return of the Joker. Who somehow missed the upload.

joker.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Polaris, in some form or another, has been sitting on my work bench for years. For YEARS. Like, we're pushing longest time ever. I think she even beat GIJ/TF Meganok, and with him I was just being lazy. I could not figure out Polaris. She was just impossible. I mean, how do you take this:

r_sideswipe017.jpg

And turn it into this?

fancharacter_polaris_design_by_beamer.jp

You can't! Will sexified it so much, and made a terrible mold good, that it just melts your heart and confuses your brain. And for a costomizer? ooooohohoho. Let's take a look at my 4 attempts, shall we?

Attempt #1: Pre-attempt, I just repurposed a Universe Treadshot. That didn't last very long. So I came up with a way to customize it. Polaris needed her hood on her upper arms. This version was kinda cool because the hood could still flip down for battle mode. Added some Eneron Strongarm arms, but the legs were never right.

polaris1.jpg

Attempt #2: I actually didn't get any pics of this one. I repainted an Animated Arcee and added Treadshot's head. It actually worked, but not as "classic" Polaris. I sent to it Beamer as a present, maybe he can post pics if he ever took any.

Attempt #3: Still gnawing away at the Arcee/Treadshot bone. This was... abysmal. It just... It doesn't work! You see the issues here. I tried to use the Arcee torso and calves, but the hips aren't wide enough. I wanted the legs to slide in like a Seeker, but the sliding mechanism just wouldn't couldn't pull it off. The shoulders were giving me fits as well, and unlike attempt #1 that had kinda this cool flip down thing going, this one wasn't having any of that. It just... this thing is a mess.

polly1.jpg

polly2.jpg

So Will and I are talking one night, just shooting the breeze, and he goes "Hey, have you seen that TFPrime Rumble? The transformation looks almost like Polaris." And I'm like "!" and pull it up real quick. Cause I'd seen that ugly chest-faced bugger and wrote him off. But I knew there was a Japanese version. In red. So I start looking at it, and really studying it. And you know what? It worked. It actually worked. So I ordered 2 from AmiAmi, and $30 later I have them sitting in my room. I swear that box wasn't open 2 mins before he was unscrewed and chopped up. First thing was I needed to get rid of that ugly torso. As some of you may know, I am completely hung up on Animated Arcee. I love that figure. So I had to use her body. The arms and the legs were fine, but didn't connect right. So I drilled out Frenzy's shoulder ports and screwed them onto Arcee. Then I glued and screwed in his hips to give her a wider stance and proper transformation. The height was perfect, the width was perfect. it was amazing. A quick pin and joint job later and she had new arms. The only thing left were the side panels. I liked them, I didn't object to them, but I couldn't figure out a rotation that allowed for storage and transformation. So I fudged just a little. The panels connect from the 5mm holes by the "gas cap" to the screw holed in Arcee's back. I just used some Lego pegs.

And that was it. She looks good. She transforms. I can't believe I actually have a transforming Polaris. I think this is the first time I've be the first time I've been more excited by an alt mode. Some of her proportions are off, like her shoulders are too wide, but I DON"T CARE! I LOVE IT! So, after pushing a decade in development, Polaris can finally be put to rest. Phew.

polaris1-1_zpse13cb47e.jpg

polaris2_zps4abda8e4.jpg

polaris4_zps9d89cca6.jpg

Polaris3_zps7d063941.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Coming from another transformers customizer, let me just say wow. Seeing Polaris from the start to finish was great. The end result looks fabulous, you sould be proud. Transformers can definitely be headaches but you knocked all of them out of the park. No doubt your buddy will love that Frenzy.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! smile.png

Gizometer's been on my hit list for a while. At first I was thinking about using one of the G2 Lazer Rod cycles, but that mold is entirely unworkable. And once I more or less settled on a Deluxe scale (I'm looking at you, Quartz, Driveby and Redline!) the cycle would no longer work. So I went to one of my favorite molds. 07 Arcee. Such a great mold. I had a spare FE Arcee head from a Junkion bash, and while not perfect, it pulls it off. I may trim the crest down and find a visor at a later date, but for now consider her visor retracted.

I added articulated wrists and modified her colors slightly for transformation. I don't like the chest, but at this point in time there's little I can do about that. Maybe I'll haul it apart and remold it at a later date.

gizo2_zpsfc7459a6.jpg

gizo3_zps736fe9fb.jpg

gizo5_zps8b0d57fa.jpg

gizo4_zps66f1ccf3.jpg

gizo6_zpsb5f738a4.jpg

gizo7_zpsf60dc63b.jpg

tfoc__san_holo_s_gizmometer_by_beamer.jp

• 4 weeks later...