UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What is the best sculpt for minimates?

I want to make a Doomsday figure but don't know what material to use to sculpt all of his horns and whatever.

I have some milliput but I don't know if that is the best material to work with if I want to make a whole chest piece for the figure.

If anyone can give me some suggestions as to what material to use, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm loving green stuff, but... anyone have any tips for smoothing the finished product? It's not normally an issue, but my latest project is a cape - a big, ideally-smooth-but-rippled surface. I've tried sanding, but it's not taking the high points down enough. Anyone familiar with any good materials to fill in the dents/valleys?

That's a bit of a drawback. You can sand it down...eventually...with a lot of work... but I find it best to try to get as close to your desired finish/shape as possible in the sculpting phase. Here's a trick: use a dab of petroleum jelly on your sculpting tool or finger to smooth out your flat surfaces; it cuts down the tackiness of the putty and you end up with a smooth, polished feel.