UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So my PS4 just crashed.

I got my PS4 at launch and it has been smooth sailing until today. I played Watchdogs for a little while and then my wife wanted to watch a movie so I put Stepbrothers in a crash. I spent over an hour chatting with tech support and as of this posting I have one last thing to try before boxing it up and sending it to Sony. I have to completely reinstall the system, meaning I lose everything. All my saves of every game I play, which for Watchdogs it's not a bad thing because I enjoyed playing it but the entire season in NBA2K14 career mode means I will have to start over from scratch. I am beyond pissed right now.

yikes thats terrifying, i always knew it was going to be a risk going with a console at launch day but up until now i hadnt heard of any major crashes like this, hopefully its something that can be solved with an update (for people who havent experienced it yet i mean)

Yeah, not sure if you know this minimadman, but if you have PS+, your save files are automatically backed up to the Playstation Network. You can go and download them back to your system right from the PS4.

Sounds a lot to me like Big Brother using this seemingly innocuous process to invade our privacy and steal our identities. But as long as all you sheeple let them do it, they'll keep doing it. *shakes head in digust*

i dunno, systems always crash, you can spout that its they're built to crash but id imagine theres always margin for error when dealing with so many different save files and software types, so building a program that tries to make the amount of loss smaller when something like this occurs is admirable

not to mention Playstation Plus has some damn good free games that I never would have bought otherwise (and I for one am excited for free episodes of Powers)

I am sorry for your loss Minimadman, I hope my earlier post didnt seem insincere, I hope it does not happen again, for all our sakes

Edited by undeadpool