UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Frustrated With MMMV

MisterMiracle

Random question:

If you're trying to work out a deal with someone to buy something or trade that you need help tracking down, and you send several e-mails (all of which were read fairly quickly) and it takes a week for them to respond...that's fairly rude, right? Does it make it ok if they were just trying to get better deals/offers from other people?

I feel like I'm dealing with little kids and scalpers now instead of a tight-knit community that helps each other out. When did this new regime take over?

I skim read a lot of this stuff while i'm at work, and don't always have time to respond right away. Also - a large part of my collection is in storage and not readily accessible. This means that sometimes when i'm asked for something, it does take me a bit of time to hunt something down and reply. And sometimes i do forget that i've checked a message from work.

I would hate anyone to think i was being intentionally disrespectful, but i can see how it might come off that way. I like to assume the best of the folks on here. If it's a continuing issue - maybe say something to them. Ask what the hold-up is? If it continues, it might be best to take your trade to someone else.

Communication solves a LOT of issues here. Explaining that there's a hold up stops people who are waiting from worrying, but letting people know you're waiting on them can also give *them* a sometimes needed kick in the pants.

I hope whatever has gone down / is going down hasn't soured you from trading on here. I owe some of the best parts of my collection to doing deals on here & I like to think a lot of us feel that way.

I'm sorry you feel that way MisterMiracle, but feel the title of the thread is a little misleading. You're frustrated but do you honestly believe that the forums have turned sour because someone hasn't responded to you in a week?

Trades take work from both sides to run smoothly & if you're not happy with how someone is conducting a trade with you and haven't finalized a deal you can always walk away from it.

Personally I haven't encountered any issues, I think it helps to have realistic expectations and understand that we all have busy schedules. These are just toys and a hobby, so are not the highest priority in some of our lives, myself included.

I don't trade very much these days and am mindful of who I will trade with when I do, I'd say there were a couple of dozen people here who I wouldn't hesitate to trade with and have never had issues with those guys.

T.

I used to trade/sell here pretty frequently, but haven't done so very much at all over the last couple of years. One of the reasons I slowed down was because I didn't have the time and energy at the end of the day to go sifting through my huge collection of Minimates for a trade or small sale. So, like TBT says, it can get hard to prioritize this kind of thing sometimes. Having said that, I don't think it's cool to keep someone hanging indefinitely, and to be unresponsive to PMs/e-mails. But if that happens, I would just chalk it up as a lesson learned and not deal with that person anymore.

If you really don't want to get the run-around, it might be a good idea to reference the feedback list beforehand, and only go with guys with extensive, positive feedback.

I'm sorry you feel that way MisterMiracle, but feel the title of the thread is a little misleading. You're frustrated but do you honestly believe that the forums have turned sour because someone hasn't responded to you in a week?

I think the title is appropriate.

No, I'm not sour because someone didn't respond in a week. I'm frustrated because I can't tell you how many people I've helped out over the past few years with hard to find Toys R Us exclusives at cost + shipping or a set for a set deal from the Marvel and Walking Dead waves and when I finally need some help (Marvel 18 and WD 5), it seems like nobody is willing to pay it forward. Everyone is trying to get the most that they can out of these because they are "hard to find". I've had to resort to eBay to track some of these down.

Being ignored for a week while trying to work out a deal doesn't help. Is it that hard to say, "Hey, I'm not interested in that offer" instead of playing the field for a week and then coming back after not getting any better offers and trying to get even more off of my end?

Edited by MisterMiracle

No, I'm not sour because someone didn't respond in a week. I'm frustrated because I can't tell you how many people I've helped out over the past few years with hard to find Toys R Us exclusives at cost + shipping or a set for a set deal from the Marvel and Walking Dead waves and when I finally need some help (Marvel 18 and WD 5), it seems like nobody is willing to pay it forward. Everyone is trying to get the most that they can out of these because they are "hard to find". I've had to resort to eBay to track some of these down.

Being ignored for a week while trying to work out a deal doesn't help. Is it that hard to say, "Hey, I'm not interested in that offer" instead of playing the field for a week and then coming back after not getting any better offers and trying to get even more off of my end?

Well, I think the shitty distribution of TRU18 has everyone a little frustrated, especially since everybody who was able to got them dirt cheap on clearance. As a NY'er I can understand where you're coming from. I feel if the exclusives weren't army builders we wouldn't have this problem. Nobody needs the Cap/Falcon pack if they got Wave 54. Somebody here hooked me up with Thor/Absorbing Man for which I am thankful. But trying to get the other two has been impossible. I'm not gonna say people should be limited to how much they buy, but you have to understand this is a community where people have generally been awesome in helping others for various reasons, geographic, distribution, etc. There gets to be a point where you're keeping stuff out of other collector's hands who never got the same opportunity. Which is also totally fine and entirely your decision. Howver, karma and all that...

Who do you need, are you in the U.S.?

I'm trying to be constructive ..........

If you really want a trade to work then work at the trade ......if no-one's replying to your polite request then bloody well PM them again !

My personal trade-feedback is healthy but it isn't based on my 'Rapid PM Response Program' .......I often take days to find whatever somebody is asking for ,find it & then realise it's been days & I haven't told the guy I'm looking for it. blush.png

a large part of my collection is in storage and not readily accessible. This means that sometimes when i'm asked for something, it does take me a bit of time to hunt something down and reply. And sometimes i do forget that i've checked a message from work.

I would hate anyone to think i was being intentionally disrespectful.

One of the reasons I slowed down was because I didn't have the time and energy at the end of the day to go sifting through my huge collection of Minimates for a trade or small sale.

I know these are my issues.

Or when someone asks me to check my stores, I don't always have time, gas, or money to go hunting.

I do my best to help (and sometimes, when I try to be proactive and grab stuff while I'm out, no one ever seems to want it, and I have to end up taking it back to the store for a refund - which is a giant pain I'd like to avoid), and don't want to be thought of as rude or that I'm ignoring someone. confused.gif

If you really want a trade to work then work at the trade ......if no-one's replying to your polite request then bloody well PM them again !

My personal trade-feedback is healthy but it isn't based on my 'Rapid PM Response Program' .......I often take days to find whatever somebody is asking for ,find it & then realise it's been days & I haven't told the guy I'm looking for it. blush.png

I thought 3 messages in one week inquiring about the status of a deal was already an excessive amount.

It's fine if you need a few days to check your inventory. It's just frustrating when I see that someone has taken the time to read the messages that I've sent but can't be bothered to send a response back. I think it's downright rude when they eventually get back to me a week later saying they were holding out trying to get a better deal for something.

Edited by MisterMiracle

Ha

This guy is talking about me...

I didn't talk to anyone in that week time period and I am new here and don't owe you anything.

I didn't reply right away because it wasn't that seriously, and then you blow up at me because I want the "better deal", or I was "shopping around"

I mentioned three sets I was at best mildly interested in and I tell you the set I would have made the trade for you say is "already gone", then you offer me two sets for the item, and then I say I'll think about it, and then you blow up on me and go on this rant about how you have hooked countless ppl up and basically it was my responsibility to pay it forward to you...

You are a joke sir, I especially like how you air this out here too...laughable..

My personal trade-feedback is healthy but it isn't based on my 'Rapid PM Response Program' .......I often take days to find whatever somebody is asking for ,find it & then realise it's been days & I haven't told the guy I'm looking for it. :blush:

I thought 3 messages in one week inquiring about the status of a deal was already an excessive amount.

It's fine if you need a few days to check your inventory. It's just frustrating when I see that someone has taken the time to read the messages that I've sent but can't be bothered to send a response back. I think it's downright rude when they eventually get back to me a week later saying they were holding out trying to get a better deal for something.

I said I was going to hold out for something I wanted more, after I told you I was mildly interested in this, I wish I would have saved the messages so I could further make you look like a whiner