UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black Widow Movie

TM2 Dinobot

3 times a (supporting) Lady

Marvel have REALLY tested the waters with BW before taking her out for a solo spin.

My biggest hope with this film is that it allows someone else to be introduced to the film MU. I'm not very well versed in the BW history, but i really hope this means the introduction of some more characters that we haven't seen yet, like Yelena. If they're going to use this as a spring-board for more Marvel characters, it might be a good place to introduce Wasp, since it seems she wont be in Avengers: Rise of Ultron or Ant-Man.

Things though could use:

Most probably War of the Widows, with Yelena trying to kill Natalia because the Red Room told her to. It's a classic and memorable story, and even as a MAX title it'd still adapt very well. It's not like they have to make it like Punisher.

Daredevil. Though Cap and BW seem to be getting cozy in the movie universe, they could use the Widow movie to tie Daredevil in perhaps.

Iron Maiden/Titanium Man/Crimson Dynamo. I'm not sure they'd want to stick her against Iron Man villains, but she is Russian and they may not have another chance.

Wasp/Ms Marvel/Rescue Pepper. Girls night out. IDK

Just some vague thoughts. But I think Widow is very well established on her own, and I'm excited for her solo run. It still peeves me off to no end when I see Avengers merch with everyone BUT Black Widow. :/

Apologies - it's just rumours at this stage - but i read somewhere that Janet will not be The Wasp in Ant-Man, but will be a love interest and a major supporting character.

Edited by Nessex

Let's be honest. If they did this movie it would co-star Hawkeye and maybe the Shield tv cast and would be very underwhelming. Basic cut and dry action movie with Yelena as the villain and a few cameos or references to other things.

There are so many other heroes I'd rather see get their own movie. A Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie with Rulk and Leader would be good start.

Why would a Hulk movie be better than a Black Widow movie? The TV show is crap, and probably will be canceled next season and won't tie in any way into the movies. Hawkeye, eh, maybe. But Co-star is too strong a word. Cameo at best.

I could see this being a way for Marvel to branch out and make a spy movie with no powers, just two women trying to kill eachother. How are people not 100% on board with this right away? The Spy Game meets Mission Impossible meets Jason Bourne.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Let's be honest. If they did this movie it would co-star Hawkeye and maybe the Shield tv cast and would be very underwhelming. Basic cut and dry action movie with Yelena as the villain and a few cameos or references to other things.

Why would it ever be this? There's literally no evidence to support that, at all. Cap 2 is a bigger SHIELD movie and the SHIELD cast isn't in that. What we know is that it would be a film about Black Widow's history, not a SHIELD movie. As we saw in Avengers, when she's interrogating the Russians, she clearly still has a freelance spy career not involving SHIELD.

Hawkeye i'd expect to at least cameo, but with Cap 2 we already see they're capable of a superspy political espionage thriller, so i'm not sure where that claim even comes from. If you want a Hulk movie, fine, but i'm not sure why a BW film hinders that in any way.

Why would it ever be this? There's literally no evidence to support that, at all.

There's no evidence to support anything yet! So my theory is as good as any. That's why it could be that, sorry if that deeply upsets you.

We know NOTHING about the movie, or if it will even happen. And I know I'm about to hit a nerve with a few people here just saying that.

You said "let's be honest, it would be..." that as if everyone believes that and agrees with you. That's what i'm addressing. There's no justification for that "theory." But hey, thanks for ignoring all of the ACTUAL evidence we provided in the realm of a Marvel spy story to the contrary.

"Sorry if that deeply insults you," ha.

You said "let's be honest, it would be..." that as if everyone believes that and agrees with you. That's what i'm addressing. There's no justification for that "theory." But hey, thanks for ignoring all of the ACTUAL evidence we provided in the realm of a Marvel spy story to the contrary.

"Sorry if that deeply insults you," ha.

What I said was in the context of opinion. You managed to not understand that. Also I'd like to point out that you have no evidence and what you say is no more than speculation and "theory" as well. You have zero idea what's going to happen or like I pointed out, if the movie is even being made.

Okay, how is Marvel having a major spy-thriller film that uses Black Widow that comes out this year not evidence of them handling a Black Widow spy movie correctly? That's literally all i'm saying.

They made a big spy thriller.

It uses Black Widow.

They want to pursue making BW her own spy film.

They know how to make spy films.

So why would they half-ass it and shoe-horn in the SHIELD cast? I'm just really curious why you'd immediately think that.

I don't think we're getting onto you because of your view of the movie, Politician. I think the problem lies in your stance of "That's stupid. We already know what it's going to be, and we won't like it. on top of which its stealing from the limited supply of films we can have." None of those things are accurate. We don't know, it isn't stupid, I'll like it no matter what, and there's an endless supply of movie material to do. We could get Hulk 3 after the third Avengers movie and wrap up his arc that way. There's no reason to be all possessive over the heroes. A LOT of people would love a Black Widow movie, especially those with more than one X chromosome.

Key word: PURSUE.

I was a paid intern at a movie studio for 3 years. I read treatments and outlines for COUNTLESS superhero movies that never got made. X4, Spiderman 4, Venom, FF3, literally almost a hundred. Now granted, Marvel Studios will probably have a better track record but it's not a guarantee. They've pursued TONS of movies that never got made, there's a reasonable doubt to be had.

Also you're assuming that because they can do one spy movie right with a good cast and characters, that they can do another one with a possible different cast and characters which is just pure speculation and opinion on YOUR part. I never said the movie would be bad, I gave an opinion of what I thought it might end up being. You're basing one movie on the success of the other with nothing more than your opinion.

All of what you said is your opinion, all of what I've said is mine. The problem is you don't get debate. Opinion sparks debate, and debate sparks conversation. Now you should know, the first thing they teach you about debating is that nearly everything said is an opinion, and if you outright call out someones opinion and say "Why would it ever be this?" then you're inviting non-healthy debate. You can't outright refute opinion, which is what you tried to do. Even if what you said ends up being 100% true about the movie, you don't know that yet. I've seen movies change 10 times before they're brought to screen.

Next time, just don't try and outright refute an opinion, it's rude and takes away from the debate.

EDIT: Hey Dinobot, show me where I said "That's stupid" or did you infer that's what I meant? Because if you only infer what I meant, then you're taking my words out of context to help your own argument.

Edited by Politician

You're complaining about people being rude and dismissing your opinion when your first post dismissed their opinion?

The original article didn't have a whole lot of solid information in it but a Black Widow movie would make a lot of sense, especially if Winter Soldier really shakes up the MCU. I don't think a lot of cameos would be necessary though Hawkeye making an appearance would seem reasonable. You'd think they could do it on a much lower budget than most of the other movies too so that would make it an attractive option, even if it's not going to make a billion dollars. I don't need the movie to happen, but I'd be happy to check it out if it did.

Not even worth continuing the debate if we can't agree what "opinion" means. Renders everything pointless, "let's be honest." :rolleyes:

ANYWAYYY... I'd love to see Yelena as the villain, but not the main villain. Could get too "Winter Soldier" to her "Captain America" role very quickly. I really wish we could get Viper back to Marvel proper, but would anyone be against Madame Masque? Granted, i don't want it to be like "oh we have a female hero so here's a female villain" but i could see this as being a great way to bring Masque in if we're done with Iron Man for now.

Not even worth continuing the debate if we can't agree what "opinion" means. Renders everything pointless, "let's be honest." rolleyes.gif

So you can't deabte ANY of the points I made, and try to get in a last word in the form of a lazy ass snide smiley. How about you tell me why what I said wasn't opinion instead of just making passing comments.

If you're going to drop it, then don't reply. Easy as that, but if you make little comments like that, it'll continue.

im a few episodes behind but after the halfway point, Agents of Shield got a LOT better, its still not the best but its on par with most of Whedons shows now (yes i mean Firefly, Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse)

EDIT: as for Black Widow, id love a movie about the Red Room trying to eliminate her because they have new versions of the winter guard they want to publicize as Russia's Avengers and that means Widow has to either join or die.

(still though, id want other female heroes to get the spotlight first, but a widow movie WOULD be GOOD)

and lastly, Hawkeye can support his own film he doesnt need to be a supporting character in any solo hero film (though im not against him being in Widow). a Fraction inspired Hawkeye film would be the bees knees

lastly LASTLY Hulk film would be good but there just isnt space/need/time for it in Marvels current plan if you ask me

also we should get an Adam Warlock movie

Edited by undeadpool

And this is what happens when politicians get involved in things...

(Mostly joking)

And to throw in, I definitely want a Black Widow movie, but I think it's low on my list of Marvel movies I'd like to see. And I agree they really need to get the Ruffalo Hulk film off the ground. He deserves his own film.

I had been wondering if Cap's upcoming movie was going to set up for Winter Soldier to be part of the MCU going forward. If so, my first thought was that a Winter Soldier/Black Widow movie might be a logical next step. But who knows what direction the film is going to take things in (and I'm sure it would fall under a lot of criticism if the first female-lead Marvel movie was taking some of the spotlight off of her and putting it on another guy).

But regardless of what form it takes, I'd love a Black Widow movie, and was kinda surprised that the gears for her solo film didn't start moving a lot sooner than this. Her appearance in IM2 seemed like it was setting up for something bigger than what we've seen of her so far...

As for Hawkeye, I agree that he needs his own movie. And I know Jeremy Renner wants more screen time for his character. I don't know if Marvel is going to feel a need to give him a solo feature, but I for one would love it.