UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I bought a 360 instead of a One...I had no idea what I was missing out on.

fatcow

I bought an Xbox 360 on launch day, approximately around the time Gears of War came out I moved and left it behind at the house I was living in at the time. A few years later I purchased a ps3, it was "fun"...but really nothing blew my mind besides XCOM and Skyrim, both of which are multi-platform games.

I was on the verge of purchasing an Xbox One with one game and noticed the total including taxes and shipping was an upwards of 600 dollars. To me that is too much for a system that doesn't have any games I want to play on it out YET.

Gamestop had a good deal on an Xbox 360...I bought one, and apparently had no idea how many fun games I missed out on. I'm not a pc gamer so I got to play the Witcher 2. I am playing the Fable games, Halo, Gears, Blue Dragon, Alan Wake..I don't know where to begin.

Did anyone else go through this...delayed Xbox gratification so to speak?

It is a great time to be a gamer with ps3,xbox 360 support at an all time high...even the wii can be had for cheap with quality games. I read an article this morning that says MS is supporting the 360 for the next 3 years with 100 new titles being released.

WOOOOO.

I had no one to share my joy with, so here you have it. 150 for an Xbox 360 vs 600+ for an Xbox One.

We just got the 360 for our daughter (and me inevitably) for Christmas and I'm so psyched! Soooo many good games for cheap! We go to GameStop and get used games for $5-20! So far we have the 2 Kinect games that came with it, COD 4, Tomb Raider Legend, and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. I plan on picking up some of the Assasins Creed titles at some point. I too couldn't justify the Xbox One, way too expensive.

We just got the 360 for our daughter (and me inevitably) for Christmas and I'm so psyched! Soooo many good games for cheap! We go to GameStop and get used games for $5-20! So far we have the 2 Kinect games that came with it, COD 4, Tomb Raider Legend, and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. I plan on picking up some of the Assasins Creed titles at some point. I too couldn't justify the Xbox One, way too expensive.

Woohoo! Welcome to the pre-owned games club. You should consider playing the new Tomb Raider, its great! Not cheap yet, but not 60.00 either.

Yeah, the newer systems are what you need if you always need the newest thing, and are really into the things that set new systems apart from older ones. But if you just want a fun gaming experience of course, you could go back several generations to get your fix. I've got a system here decked out with scores of old school NES, 16-bit, and arcade games, and go there now when I have a few minutes to waste on videogames.

I dunno the last time a game has kept me as thoroughly engrossed as Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. I really don't. I mean, I think the last time I did THIS kind of gaming was Skyrim. I think I've managed to raid more ships than the Spanish and English actually HAD in the Caribbean at the time and fighting, boarding, and raiding a ship STILL hasn't gotten old. If you ever feel like picking and choosing in the Assassin' Creed series, go for this one. The story isn't AS strong as Ezio's in 2 (yet. I've been VERY distracted and have rather neglected the storyline) but it's been a while since a game has co completely overtaken me. Plus, dude, you get to be a pirate ninja. A pirate. Ninja. With ship to ship combat that not only works, but is completely incredible. What ISN'T awesome here?

Pirate ninja is nice, but if he isn't also a robot or cyborg then that's a pass for me.

He's got uncannily amazing aim and an HUD. Considering that technically the game takes place in a simulation... in a way... he IS a robot.