UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle of Atom Minimates

mcg031

The thing that bugged me the most about the whole AvX story was the fact that Rachel has been the most successful host of the phoenix force controlling it quiet well for a lot of the 80's and 90's and she was reduced to about half a page of the story with one throw away line about having been a former host. For that matter Captain Britain was part of the space Avengers dealing with the force and having lived with Rachel for the bulk of Excaliburs run didn't have any insights to offer. Now if I really wanted to get super fan boy nerdy about it Ferron was a character raised his whole life to be a host for the force by an order that did nothing but study the force, you thing they might have been worth a visit at some point. Ok deep breath rant over :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that bugged me the most about the whole AvX story was the fact that Rachel has been the most successful host of the phoenix force controlling it quiet well for a lot of the 80's and 90's and she was reduced to about half a page of the story with one throw away line about having been a former host. For that matter Captain Britain was part of the space Avengers dealing with the force and having lived with Rachel for the bulk of Excaliburs run didn't have any insights to offer. Now if I really wanted to get super fan boy nerdy about it Ferron was a character raised his whole life to be a host for the force by an order that did nothing but study the force, you thing they might have been worth a visit at some point. Ok deep breath rant over :)

Marvel has been doing their best to forget Rachel when possible lol.

This, for another example, was a time travel involving her time displaced parents, and she was reduced to sidelines commentator. Hell, Bling had a bigger part.

I like some of the new costumes, but frankly there are some rather egregious holes in the roster of X-Men and practically the entire Brotherhood, I don't think the new looks all merit being made over characters who still haven't been made.

I'm prepared to compromise though. Pack that Magneto with Toad and that Cyclops with Pyro and everyone wins. You, me, America.

I like some of the new costumes, but frankly there are some rather egregious holes in the roster of X-Men and practically the entire Brotherhood, I don't think the new looks all merit being made over characters who still haven't been made.

I'm prepared to compromise though. Pack that Magneto with Toad and that Cyclops with Pyro and everyone wins. You, me, America.

I could live with that! :D

Going back to Tenime_Art's question. Christopher Muse can heal pretty much any wound. Up to and including death. Eva's power of Chronokinesis is bloody brilliant. She creates time bubbles around herself. Everything stops except her. She completely shafted the Avengers when they came to take her into custody.

There's also as Turtle mentioned, Goldballs. His power is to project solid balls out of his body. They happen to be golden in colour. It's been played for laughs so far, but the future X-Men go all geekgasm when they meet him during BOTA :D