UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Mighty Avengers (African American) focus Minimates

there are established buying patterns for superhero toys at both TRU and specialty, and that pattern includes children, mainly boys.

I hear this come up all the time, and I must have been the only boy ever to want just as many female action figures as I did male (which I know is untrue, as a few of my friends were that way, too).

I never went through the "girls have cooties" phase, though, either.

I've kind of always been like "where's the women at?" :lol:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid, my action figures were Megos and I did not want the females. I don't know how this translates into a TRU buying pattern, but I would/will buy female Minimates.

there are established buying patterns for superhero toys at both TRU and specialty, and that pattern includes children, mainly boys.

I hear this come up all the time, and I must have been the only boy ever to want just as many female action figures as I did male (which I know is untrue, as a few of my friends were that way, too).

I never went through the "girls have cooties" phase, though, either.

I've kind of always been like "where's the women at?" laugh.png

Same here man. Catch and kiss with the girls was a favourite of mine when i was 5. I got into it again last year and am now out on parole ermm.gif

I tend to think the minimate collectors are more adult and would like more diverse characters in both race and sex

Like I said, race doesn't often factor in to our decision to make or not make a figure, but not all Minimate collectors are adults, and the kids who buy them (or receive them) are mostly boys. So while we certainly try to get female figures out there on a regular basis (at least one per wave, often two), we know that boys and parents of boys will usually choose the males, which is often why the women are short-packed.

Edited by DSTZach

I tend to think the minimate collectors are more adult and would like more diverse characters in both race and sex

Like I said, race doesn't often factor in to our decision to make or not make a figure, but not all Minimate collectors are adults, and the kids who buy them (or receive them) are mostly boys. So while we certainly try to get female figures out there on a regular basis (at least one per wave, often two), we know that boys and parents of boys will usually choose the males, which is often why the women are short-packed.

I meant to say the characters that can easily be mixed up aka "cannon fodder" or army builders.

When I was a kid, my action figures were Megos and I did not want the females.

When I was a kid, I was to ld to hide my Uhura Mego figure from my father because "he wouldn't understand why a boy would want a girl doll." Turns out he didn't care but still, I just wanted to complete my collection.

I've also heard tales about grown men buying My Little Pony product for themselves but that's gotta be utter bullshit.

Who do you got in the wave? Most the team has been made....

Blue Marvel

Luke Cage

Spectrum

Spider Hero

Power-Man

As much as I love to see this there's not enough drawing power....right ??

The White Tiger we got had a different costume so they could release her again.

Spidey with backpack/White Tiger

Blue Marvel/Spectrum

Power-Man/Alien Invader

Cage/Alien Invader

TRU:

Spider-Hero/Ronin

And since She hulk and falcon will be joining the team: Now! Falcon/She-Hulk (not a necessary two pack but it rounds out the whole team)