UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's Your Favorite Two-Pack?

hellpop

I thought I would be the only one but Battlecat came through, because I'm going with the Captain Britain, Shadowcat. Kitty was such a huge improvement over her first figure (why do they give her invisible limbs when her powers don't work that way?) Both characters came in their iconic costumes, Kittys face captured her personality, and Lockheed has to be one of the top 5 minimate accessories.

Wave 28 Gambit / Psylocke.

Both great figs, my first ever two-pack, which I bought for only 4$.

Upon opening, I decided to collect X-Men minimates, which eventually branched out to the "almost" entire minimate line. :)

For me, I'm going to have to say Cosmic Silver Surfer & Swordsman. They're simply perfect in design and execution.
DST has produced countless amazing mates over the years, but I keep being impressed with Silver Surfer & Swordsman every time I look at them.

Edited by Donny B

My original favorite set was Series 5 Captain America/Absorbing Man.

Up until that point, all the characters made had movies out at that time other than the Surfer (Spidey, X-Men, DD, Hulk) and I had no idea if these "Minimates" were just a flash in the pan or were going to go some kind of distance. It was this series that had Captain America, Absorbing Man (which hinted at Thor) as well as the Thing and Dr. Doom. It showed me that the makers of these toys saw there was more out there than just the movie-characters and that perhaps other, fantastic comic characters would be on the way.

Now that I know Minimates are around and have been around? That Peter Parker/Green Goblin set re-enacting "Amazing Spider-Man" #39 is really swell and holds many memories from the original issue I still have, given to me by my Dad. It survived his childhood and a tornado. So that set has a real soft spot in my heart.

However, for me, finally getting a proper version of the Thing that I can't find a complaint or "if only they'd done ____" about is something I'd wanted for years and years of collecting and supporting Minimates. So my vote is TRU series 15 Thing/Silver Surfer.

Guh - narrowing it down to just a single 2-pack is hard. One of the ones that really stands out in my memory is the Death Archandel / Apocalypse set. I remember being really wowed by how great the paint job was on my Warren, and how beautiful that pink & blue costume looked at the scale. And those wings.... they were just perfect. If they released those wings for the first time today - i think i'd still love them just as much. Plus they even sculpted a gold 'Death Mask' for him to wear as a bonus.

Apocalypse was great at the time too. He was bulked up, but not using the generic bluky chest. His squared off collar & capital 'A' were both sculpted on there. The facial expression was perfect. And the set told a story too. It wasn't heavy on accessories, but you really didn't need anything more for this set.

Power Man and Iron Fist!

One of the first "obscure" character packs released at the early life of Minimates, long before Bendis had brought the characters back into the spotlight of the Marvel U. I was a big PM/IF fan and there wasn't a lot of merchandise available outside of the crappy ToyBiz/Wizard/ToyFare mail-away figures. Marvel Legends was still a few years out from making these characters, too, so at the time of release it was a pretty big deal to me, and reinforced that I was collecting the right toyline. thumbsup.gif

Edited by youbastards

This is a tough one.

A single two-pack doesn't leap to mind although I do have a special appreciation for teams like Cloak & Dagger and Power Man & Iron Fist. Sets like Maria Hill and Heavy SHIELD Agent are cool, too, since they allow for army-builders and quick customs.

This is gonna be strange but I might have to go with a set I don't even own; Best of Spider-Man and Green Goblin. Two classic and popular characters that represent not only their comic book incarnations but demonstrate the purest form of Minimate as well as one that's accessorized with sculpted parts and a kick-ass base.

@ Nessex: That's a good choice. That set still holds up really well, and those two characters haven't been made again (at least not in that exact outfit, in Archangel's case).

@ Shanester: I would have bet a billion dollars that would be your answer.smile.png

@Youbastards: And they still look great today! ermm.gif

This is another favourite of mine...

Multiple amputee and (what was at the time) the most ambitious Iron Man costume.

Add to that, the comic accurate design style of paint job, this is one great 2-pack.

pack0425f_lg.jpg

HAIL IVAN

Edited by Pete

A favorite two-pack for me is a tough choice; but I think for me it was my second pack that cemented my love for this line, and that would be wave 5's Juggernaut and Civilian Logan. It was the simplicity, the design, and just the perfect figures for me.

But not far behind would be wave 28's Gambit and Psylocke and wave 25s Bolt Face Iron Man and AIM Trooper.

Super Skrull and clobberin time thing.... stand out figs for a LONG time before the bulked up figs started coming out. still my favorite Thing and they have yet to update that look for him.