UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry...

Mirymate

Still not dead!!!

But to update: those of you who keep track of there things know I have been out of work since November. After a few more months of beating my head against unemployments door, I decided to do what a lot of employers have been figuring I'd do anyway. I am restarting my construction estimating business. As any of you who've started your won business know, that takes a lot of work to try and build things back up, add to that another round of crud passing through the house, a few spring field trips for the kids' schools, and the joyous annual American tradition we call income tax time, and I have been swamped. And it's not over. I foresee two or three more weeks or blitz to get things back on an even keel. But I've got one really good client lined up who could keep me busy for a couple months just with his stuff, and if I can land two or three like him, I can back off the brush beating.

Will try not disappear quite so throughly, but when things get this busy, weeks can pass before you realise it and I'm sitting here vegged out watching "Finding Bigfoot- yeah we get paid for this edition" thinking I just need to go to bed, and I realise it's been a month since last I posted. Feelings of guilt rising.