UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Really, those are peg warmers?

sky_dive

random question, but anyone ever see Magik/Warlock as peg warmers?

They were at the Baton Rouge Toys R Us awhile back. They still had them a few months ago, but I think they eventually got rid of them somehow.

The TRU I went to was the first I've ever been to that had all their Minimates in one section. That's where I found the lone pack of Battle Beasts.

I haven't seen them anywhere else, so I don;t know where they may be hiding at.

I miss having minimates ALL in one aisle! But IIRC Zach said having them spread out is better for sales,so I deal...

Well, the problem with Marvel is that they are split up into several categories these days. Iron Man movies, Avengers movie, Spiderman movies (still), and then Marvel in general. Each section seems to have a peg of Minimates and if a person doesn't know to keep looking, they could miss out on what they are looking for. The TRU I went to on Sunday had a large end cap of Minimates and thats where I found everything I ended up buying.

The usual one I go to has All Marvel mates and SF X Tekken are near the section with the Marvel Legends figures.

Halo mates are near the Halo figures

All the other mates are located in the Misc. TV/Movie/Video games action figure Aisle usually near the Sports figures.

So, I'm not entirely sure where this TRU would place the Battle Beast mates.....I almost want to say near the TMNT toys since it is kinda the same theme. *shrug*

Well, the problem with Marvel is that they are split up into several categories these days. Iron Man movies, Avengers movie, Spiderman movies (still), and then Marvel in general. Each section seems to have a peg of Minimates and if a person doesn't know to keep looking, they could miss out on what they are looking for. The TRU I went to on Sunday had a large end cap of Minimates and thats where I found everything I ended up buying.

I'd love to see pics, next time you're there!

I wish they would put them all on one end cap, would be SO much easier to find them!!

I'd love to see pics, next time you're there!

You got it.

The disorganization of TRU sucks here, as well. They seem to keep moving Minimates around, so I'm never quite sure where to find them in those two aisles with the boys' stuff. Sometimes they will be near the NECA stuff, usually somewhere near the Mez-Itz and DCUC stuff, but sometimes they are way down the aisle and are easy to miss, sometimes on end caps, and sometimes on the aisle with the Transformers and GI Joe stuff. A couple of times I saw some on the big display right when you walk into the store. And their location seems only sometimes related to license. The movie, comic, and TV stuff are often jumbled together, sometimes on the same pegs. I know exactly where the Munsters car is, but that's all I have confidence in. I sometimes only find them on a second or third walk through the aisle.

I've seen the Battle Beasts in the Neca/Halo aisle with Expendables, SF x Tekken, Universal Monsters & Walking Dead BUT I've also seen them in another store in the Marvel Aisle with the same minimates as the previous store (also with Playstation left overs)

Here's the basic randomness of where minimates are found in my closest TRU (I may be a little off remembering which aisles everything is on though :) )

TRUMinimatesAisles_zps44c6a866.jpg

Edited by Shogi

It's really the only reason I go to Toys R Us......so if they were indeed all on one end cap, my trips would be SO much shorter.

But, probably more disappointing too...I'd instantly be able to tell that they have not gotten in any new stock, per usual.