UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

J.J. Abrams to direct "Star Wars Episode VII"?

MinnesotaIceman

No one man should control both. That is too much power.

No but seriously I love Abrams and I really loved Trek. I feel like Vaughn should have taken up Star Wars, but okay. Whatever works with this. We'll see if Abrams can do better than the prequels.

Since we are talking major main stream cinema here, Abrahams is a pretty good choice to capture the spirit of the old movies and bringing it to a new and updated level. I'm absolutely looking forward to this. But I also have to admit that Star Wars isn't as sacral and coy to me as it was before 1999.

I have enjoyed just about everything Abrams has done that I've seen (Cloverfield may be my least favorite, and he was not the director of that one). So, I'm happy with this news, and look forward to whatever he does. He's got skillz and good ideas. Lens flare thing doesn't bother me honestly.

Edited by karamazov80

This is the deal kiddies & some of us old farts. A lot of folks want to associate(solely) Abrams with the over use of lens flare, but his idol Spielberg was doing it long before him or any other directors. Go back and watch The Indiana Jones Trilogy. Lens flare out the ass in those movies alone. As I said when I saw this on Facebook, I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully it is set in the future. They have been some great stories in some of the Dark Horse comics series.