UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chaseless?

Alpheon

DCD Chases  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the fact the this line has no chases?

• Yes
    • No

Has anyone remarked or found it odd that the new DCD line of Minimates does not have any chase figures? I can't tell if I like it or not. On one hand, I think it will be much easier knowing that I have them all without the intense feeling of longing and the knowledge that there's still one out there that's not in my collection, on the other: I enjoy the "hunt". What about you guys? Or am I just uninformed beyond imagination and there ARE chases out there??? Just thought I'd pick your brains...AGAIN. :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While none of the announced figures have been labelled as "chase" or "variant" figures, we haven't been given case breakdowns with packaging ratios. Once we get those we'll have a clear picture of which figures have been produced in higher numbers making the less-produced figures chases by default. Unless of course the ratio for each 2-pack is the same but if they follow the Marvel system of 24 figures per case some will have to be short packed. And I'm also happy to get eight characters per wave.

It does, but I don't realy like having to find a character or really cool outfit if it's that hard.

Good: Maskless Dr. Doom, Invisible Woman

Bad: Black Costume Spider-Man, Spider-Woman II

I think it is a bit better to have waves without chases.

For one, it gives us an extra different figure in the set,

and two.....never really enjoyed the Same figure, but different costume variant.

SOme were good, but I'd much rather have a whole different character.

*reads poll results* Ok, who said they wanted chases?? :P

Jatta, I'm not sure you got what jcastick was saying...but maybe I'm confused, as usual. :wacko:

I'm not sure I got what he was saying!

Jatta, I'm not sure you got what jcastick was saying

I agree with Alpheon that Deadpool did not understand what jcastick was saying about Jatta Pake's chase version of costumed characters unless Deadpool did not mean that Alpheon fully understood Jatta Pake's understanding of jcastick's implied meaning which was interpreted correctly by Deadpool's misinterpretation of Alpheon's original questioning of the meaning of costume and what the definition of "is" is.

:)

I agree with Alpheon that Deadpool did not understand what jcastick was saying about Jatta Pake's chase version of costumed characters unless Deadpool did not mean that Alpheon fully understood Jatta Pake's understanding of jcastick's implied meaning which was interpreted correctly by Deadpool's misinterpretation of Alpheon's original questioning of the meaning of costume and what the definition of "is" is.

lol.....ok let me make my opinion a bit simpler.

I would much rather have a completely different character in a set then instead say Spiderman and a Variant Maskless Spiderman.... Or say like the Blue and Red Spiderman with a Variant Black and Red Spiderman. Actually a better way of saying it is, I'd much rather have a Completely different costume or Character then a Palette Swap of that costume.

Although, I do agree with Jatta.........

I think ;)

lol.....ok let me make my opinion a bit simpler.

I would much rather have a completely different character in a set then instead say Spiderman and a Variant Maskless Spiderman.... Or say like the Blue and Red Spiderman with a Variant Black and Red Spiderman. Actually a better way of saying it is, I'd much rather have a Completely different costume or Character then a Palette Swap of that costume.

Although, I do agree with Jatta.........

I think ;)

So you like the idea of, say, the two different Spider-Women instead of a different costume?

It's my belief that if there's going to be a chase, it should be an obscure costume change rather than a second character. The chase isn't going to be made again, so you shouldn't limit yourself by short packing one of the most popular costumes ever (symbiote) or a second character that may grow in importance at a later date (Spider-Woman 2/Arachne).

Personally, I hope there isn't going to be one in the DC line.

I really don't mind the whole chase thing. But i think that there are gonna be short-packed figures, hence the chase. :P

So you like the idea of, say, the two different Spider-Women instead of a different costume?

Yeah, I don't mind that so much....I also wouldn't mind, say, Regular Ironman and a Variant Hulk Buster Ironman. What I didn't care for was was Doom and Maskless Doom, or Ironman and Stealth Ironman.

I would just like to see a bit more diversity with a Variant.

I could do without "chases" all-together. I have a greater appreciation for 8 figures per wave, and I don't really think that the Marvel line has effectively utilized the chases that they have had done; most are unneccessary or (as stated before)should have been released in a separate series. Also, I don't believe there are as many variations of characters in the DC universe as Marvel, and the ones that do, will more than likely get their own release with another character(for example:Batman, Superman, etc.)in later series.

Yeah, I don't mind that so much....I also wouldn't mind, say, Regular Ironman and a Variant Hulk Buster Ironman. What I didn't care for was was Doom and Maskless Doom, or Ironman and Stealth Ironman.

I would just like to see a bit more diversity with a Variant.

So, you're looking for maybe a larger chest piece to make a Hulk Buster IM? I could go for that. Other than the chest piece, it's still just a repaint of IM. He's worn so many different armors over the years, I'm really ok with any variant they produce. He's about the only one that I'd want multiple repaints of (with slight variations to things like the belt, chest, etc.).

I could do without "chases" all-together. I have a greater appreciation for 8 figures per wave, and I don't really think that the Marvel line has effectively utilized the chases that they have had done; most are unneccessary or (as stated before)should have been released in a separate series. Also, I don't believe there are as many variations of characters in the DC universe as Marvel, and the ones that do, will more than likely get their own release with another character(for example:Batman, Superman, etc.)in later series.

You're correct - Superman and Batman lend themselves to the most 'logical' variants/chases. I'm concerned they'll be the Spiderman and Wolverine of the DC mates. If thats the case, I'll probably pass on most of the variants.

Other possibilities are available, just looking at the 1st 4 series of course. I could see a Batgirl variant (Batwoman would be an easy repaint using pretty much the same fig - just add a purse), a Kingdom Come Flash variant (Jay's helmet and a translucent red mate), Penguin in a black suit, Bane unmasked, Wonder Woman could have a couple of repaints/tweaks (add a helmet, cape, shield and sword for KC WW), Aquaman has worn multiple suits - most of which are simple repaints, Cyborg Superman could - with some tweaking - be Cyborg from the Teen Titans, and we won't even get into the huge number of simple variants possible in the GL Corps.

So I guess what I'm getting at is, I'm for variants/repaints/chases, as long as they make sense and 'matter'. If it is something like Red Son Superman, I'll probably get it. If its Battle Damaged Our Worlds At War Superman vs Battle Damaged Kingdom Come Superman (- kind of like the original BD Spidey and the current New Avengers BD Spidey) I probably won't be picking it up.

I'm torn on this issue simply because of the current holes in my collection. While I have several chases, there are still some which elude me. I enjoy the hunt, but the also the disappointment after missing an item, say two or three times on Ebay, can be frustrating. If there was a local, reliable source for me to purchase 'mates then I might feel differently. I guess I'd be happy if the chases were not truly different characters, such as SpiderWoman 2, but rather "true" costume variations. Then I guess I wouldn't feel totally crestfallen if I didn't manage to snag one on the first go-round.

So I guess what I'm getting at is, I'm for variants/repaints/chases, as long as they make sense and 'matter'. If it is something like Red Son Superman, I'll probably get it. If its Battle Damaged Our Worlds At War Superman vs Battle Damaged Kingdom Come Superman (- kind of like the original BD Spidey and the current New Avengers BD Spidey) I probably won't be picking it up.

That's basically what I was saying without being able to say it :)

when I was at wizard world in chicago I spoke with one of the fellas at their both at great length about the character choices and such and when I mentioned a carol ferris chase figure to go with the star sapphire the mans eyes lit up like little twin supernovas at which point he handed me a john stewart figure and I started to ramble about wanting a hulk made in the same fashion as the killer croc in that line and he lost interest in me. but you never know...

when I was at wizard world in chicago I spoke with one of the fellas at their both at great length about the character choices and such and when I mentioned a carol ferris chase figure to go with the star sapphire the mans eyes lit up like little twin supernovas at which point he handed me a john stewart figure and I started to ramble about wanting a hulk made in the same fashion as the killer croc in that line and he lost interest in me. but you never know...

If you got a john stewart that means you were at the DC booth which in turn wouldn't interest them in Marvel minimates.