UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Banners Id, parts swapping showcase

BannersID

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I'm kind of stuck on the villan as I'm waiting for parts I'm working on 2 other heroes though. I'm thrilled you like the man-thing but I don't think I'm the first to make one I can't remeber who ... maybe luke?

Yeah, it was Luke. I like yours much better, no offense to Luke. Yours has a friendlier feel, and I never really think of Man-Thing as angry.

Diggin' the Doc!! Is that A Frodo hairpiece, sides painted?

Glomit

• 3 weeks later...
^^ Thanks guys!

Hey I have a question for you customizers out there when you're using "ultra-fine" sharpies I seem to have a lot of trouble with the tip drying out , any body have a method to aleviate this problem I cant seem to go but an 1/8th of an inch and it stops working and I have to put the cap on for a few minutes and then repeat. I'm open to any ideas here as a regular fine point just seems to thick.

Hmmm Luke is the king of sharpies :) he will have answers :P

As for my self I totally know what you're talking about, I get around it by going back and forth from a paper page to the minimate (and having a lot of shapries to hand!). Customs with paint seem particularly bad at drying up the tips of sharpies.

I actually try to avoid using them for anything perminant as they fade and bleed after time. I'm starting to adopt Lukes cocktail stick idea where you draw with a the point dipped in paint instead of using a sharpie.

T.

Love the update. Adds so much to an already great figure...

Can't wait to see whose holding that hammer....

Hey I have a question for you customizers out there when you're using "ultra-fine" sharpies I seem to have a lot of trouble with the tip drying out , any body have a method to aleviate this problem I cant seem to go but an 1/8th of an inch and it stops working and I have to put the cap on for a few minutes and then repeat. I'm open to any ideas here as a regular fine point just seems to thick.

I keep a magazine subscription card handy, and when the Sharpie stops drawing on the 'Mate, I scribble on the card until it's dark again, then resume.

That's what I do.

Luke?

I keep a magazine subscription card handy, and when the Sharpie stops drawing on the 'Mate, I scribble on the card until it's dark again, then resume.

That's what I do.

Luke?

I do pretty much the same thing. :)

Sharpies don't seem to last very long. I go through one every two weeks!

Nice work on Man-Thing! I like it better than the one I made!

That's what I do.

Luke?

I do pretty much the same thing. :)

Sharpies don't seem to last very long. I go through one every two weeks!

Nice work on Man-Thing! I like it better than the one I made!

I thought so too :P But Luke, you made the greatest (and only, but what would compete?) Beta Ray Bill EVER, and I Loooooooooove Beta Ray Bill sooooooooooooooo much! I love Man-Thing too though. Nice cloth Banners! Accepting Commisions? :D

Man things looking brill! It actually looks wet!

Seanus

LOL oh my god I was so jazzed about getting it done I took that pic as soon as I possibly could after I sealed it (aprox. wait time 2.5 minutes) so it pretty much is wet. but thanks all, as much as I love doing these its even more fun having a quality crowd like you folks to share 'em with. my norm is bringing recent figs to our poker night and I use it as my card topper for the night, Space Ghost has been christened "Flying Elvis"

"Nice work on Man-Thing! I like it better than the one I made!" -Luke314Pi

Luke I really do think your stuff is fantastic so I gotta say I am very flattered by that comment, Thanks!

Deadpool, I will certainly consider commisions but if its something I dont think I can pull off in a quality fashion I might not accept it or it could take a little longer than normal to put together if you have something in mind feel free to PM me.

Well..... With a Man-Thing like that, and a Dr. Strange... You may not make many customs, but the one's you've done ROCK!

Man things looking brill! It actually looks wet!

Seanus

LOL oh my god I was so jazzed about getting it done I took that pic as soon as I possibly could after I sealed it (aprox. wait time 2.5 minutes) so it pretty much is wet. but thanks all, as much as I love doing these its even more fun having a quality crowd like you folks to share 'em with. my norm is bringing recent figs to our poker night and I use it as my card topper for the night, Space Ghost has been christened "Flying Elvis"

"Nice work on Man-Thing! I like it better than the one I made!" -Luke314Pi

Luke I really do think your stuff is fantastic so I gotta say I am very flattered by that comment, Thanks!

Deadpool, I will certainly consider commisions but if its something I dont think I can pull off in a quality fashion I might not accept it or it could take a little longer than normal to put together if you have something in mind feel free to PM me.

OMG!

ur doing commisions?

would u maybe do one for me in the future?

couse ur customs are awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...