UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hey! We should do that thing DC just did!

Lobsterman

Re: Fury, I'm not reading the book where the Fury in question showed up but I gather

he's old Fury's kid. Like literally Nick Fury Jr. And some bad guy ripped his eye out semi-ironically, in order to get at old Fury's long-life formula thing since it was genetically passed down or something.

Which is stupid, and clearly done to shoehorn the movie versions in, but not a reboot or reimagining.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you put it that way it almost sounds silly.

I wish I could have some hope that Marvel will be able to pull this off successfully, but their recent record with big events leaves me pretty dubious about their chances. The costume changes don't exactly inspire confidence either, so far they seem to range from mediocre to awful.

New costumes = new toy variants = more money.

I get this, and don't even mind in theory, but I wish they could come up with some variants that I'd be interested in actually buying. You'd think if an artist had a chance to redesign Thor, Cap, or Iron Man they would bring their "A" game.

• 4 months later...

So, what do people think of Marvel Now! so far?

I really thought Thor was great, and I'm excited to see where it goes. I really liked the new Captain America too. All New X-Men was good I thought. Fantastic Four was interesting but needs to develop a bit more.

Iron Man kind of blows. I wont be picking up more issues until there's a change to the creative team. The new Hulk is good but I don't love the art. Didn't love Deadpool. Thought Uncannny Avengers was predictable and felt kind of forced.

Not a relaunch but Captain Marvel has seemed to have found its stride.

Edited by pappymojo

im enjoying Deadpool and im looking forward to all the new Avenger teams series', Superior Spiderman is at the top of my list as i am SUPER excited to see where it goes from whats happening in ASM, Wolverine and the X-men is still consistently my favorite X-men series and Hawkeye (thought also not Marvel NOW) is frakking incredible. I am however looking forward to the GoG and Nova :D

Well, I won't be reading these 'till we get to the trades sometime next year. There are enough interesting creative teams on these that I'll certainly check a few out. But I won't be reading either All-New X-Men or Iron Man. I wish they'd just put Greg Land on ANXM, so I only had one book to avoid.<_<

So I've had the chance to read a few titles, and I gotta say I'm fairly impressed.

Hulk is my favorite so far, I love the "new and improved" Banner.

FF looks promising, not much happened in the first issue, but I love the dialogue and of course Alred's art is amazing.

Deadpool is decent, but not as funny as I would have imagined with a comedian writing. Hopefully it gets better otherwise I'll be dropping it.

• 2 months later...

Since I haven't seen an official thread for Marvel NOW! I decided to make one. Marvel NOW! is a major comic book relaunch of several Marvel Comics titles. In this thread anyone and everyone will be able to discuss about Marvel NOW! I urge everyone to suggest which titles are worth getting. Which titles aren't worth the time. Or just about anything else you'd want to talk about. Now fellow forumites...the floor is yours. thumbsup.gif

Really digging Thor. Superior Spidey is better than I thought it'd be. Captain America has been a little disappointing. I'm reading a few Avengers titles (THE, New, and Uncanny). Not disappointed. FF is great fun. All New X-Men is actually kinda nice as something that works to sort of tie all of the X-books out there together. Even so, to me the "villains" of AvX were the clear good guys, all I'm looking forward to Uncanny X-Men starting back up.

I've got to say, overall I thought going into it that Now was Ann awkward piece of branding (and still do), but what's being published is pretty good. Far cry from what DC is doing. I'm almost ready to give up on Justice League, the Superman titles, and a few Bat books. Low quality work for what should be flagship books.

Dunno if any of the marvel I read are NOW or not.

Scarlet Spider. Really like this one of my fav comics at moment.

All New X-men. Classic X-men are my X-Men so interested to see where this goes.

Avengers. Wasn't that impressed with the Mars stuff thats happening in it but I'm a Squadron Supreme fan so reading for Hyperion.

Uncanny Avengers.Enjoying this and I find what Skull is upto especially in the reveal issue very nerve jangling.

Wolverine and X-men. Not the biggest X-fan and especially Wolverine but I like the anarchy in this series.

I haven't had chance but I will prob give Morbius a glance.

Also avoiding Superior Spidey on principle but ppl are trying to bend my arm.