UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Army Building Pros

This thread is dedicated to those amassing large armies. I tend not to army build past 10, other than maybe Cylons not on purpose, but recently I've been getting more and more Asguardian Royal Guards, up to maybe 15 now. Now I know you others have been stockpiling and army building like pros. So What are your numbers or estimates?

I'd love to know who has the most AIM soldiers and everything else.

you can also use to this thread to request more army builders or sell/trade ones you have too many of.

you can also state whether you use a regular minimate as an army like I do with White Halo Spartan Scouts.

Who's got the biggest Covenant Army? Who has the most Hydra?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it have to be "army builder" minimates?

Untitled-2.jpg

I have so many more, but the domino effect is preventing me from displaying them. I'm in the market for more...

I've probably got 20 ARAH Flints. Does that count?

I never really army built Minimates, though if I could go back in time I probably would have pulled a Shanester with the wave 7 DC Batman.

If memory serves, I once helped transmit to Buttheadsmate several big bags of C3 factory rejects of the same figure. Like, 50 or more of Joker, Riddler (no hat), Robin, etc. :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

I actually think I've got about 5 or 6 Hydra goons. That was my favorite army builder. And probably 4 Skrulls. Would like to have some more Sentinels one of these days, just because they are cool. No SHIELD agents :(

Edited by karamazov80

I don't think I've got more then two of anybody, actually. Well, I guess I've got more SHIELD agents, but like everybody else I've used them to make specific characters. I've also got one Kree soldier with a Caucasian head, so he's either a generic pink Kree or FA Captain Marvel, depending on your mood.

I've got at least 10 of each (excepting the IM2 drones, of which I have 8 each). Obviously, the most I have is the Chitauri pictured in my other thread, but SHIELD agents might be up to 50 soon. Everything else is probably somewhere between 10-20. And for the most part, I still have plans for all of them. Just last week I finally separated them back out into different groups to start working on something to be unveiled soon.

Never did any army building with Minimates. But I have 9 Muppet penguins. And 18 white Isz to go with my old McFarlane Maxx figure.

I'd be happy to get more of either but they are too expensive when they show up on eBay these days, check out my want/have post if you have any to trade.

I'd be happy to get more of either but they are too expensive when they show up on eBay these days,

You think those are bad, try collecting kids. I've got four, but I think it's all I can afford.

But really, all you did was make me miss the Palisades Muppet line even more.

There are VERY few Collectors who actually go out and will buy 15 or 16 packs of a single army builder mini-mate for every wave release. Alot of folks typically will buy more builders over time via random lots/trades/auctions. I worked so hard to collect these army builders that if they are released again, I hope they should have a significant difference in Color, or maybe make female or ethnic versions instead. Otherwise, I'll be selling off alot of 1st release army builders.

I once in a while will buy a large set like with my 16 Brood Packs coming to me on preorder, but most of my Army Mates are the result of years of collecting, investing and sweat equity. No Halo, Max, or Terminator builders listed.... I seriously have too many to count outside of Marvel.

AIM Agent x16

Hydra Agent x16

Dreadnaught x8

Hand Ninja x10

Doombot x 8

Skrull New Version with Gun x11

Skrull Version 1 x5

Kronan Stone Men x6

Kree Soldier x10

Frost Giant version 1 x6

Frost Giant version 2 x8

Vault Guard x6

Asgardian Soldier x11

Nimrod x8

Atlantean Warrior x11

S.H.I.E.L.D. Soldier x13

S.H.I.E.L.D. 616 Agent x17

Hammer Drone x4

Airforce Drone x 3

Navy Drone x 5

Marine Drone x 3

Artilery Drone x6

Multiple Man x9

Omacs x8

ManBat X7

Hellfire Guard x10

Sentinel 1st Release x6

Sentinel Capcom Version x15

1 Complete Box of Captain America Army Movie Set

1 Complete Box of Thor Army Movie Set

Chitauri General x8

Chitauri Soldier x9

Edited by highassroller

This thread needs more pictures. Not that I'm helping with that, but I thought I should throw that out there.

Oh, and I just ordered 4 more sets of wave 43 to increase my SHIELD count to 50 when it's all said and done. I think 50 is a nice round number that will encourage me to stop buying them.

This thread needs more pictures. Not that I'm helping with that, but I thought I should throw that out there.

Oh, and I just ordered 4 more sets of wave 43 to increase my SHIELD count to 50 when it's all said and done. I think 50 is a nice round number that will encourage me to stop buying them.

But 100 is so much rounder than 50, isn't it? 50 is kind of cute I guess.

Edited by karamazov80

50 Agents sounds like a fun time, but I frankly wouldn't know what to do if I accidentally knocked over some and domino effected my display. I can only spend so much time organizing and "picking" up my toys before I lose patience. Plus, my wife only allows me to put toys in 2 rooms of the house and I have one room already full with Max Factory Toys, Comics and JLU.

I have told myself that the only other Army builder I will buy 16+ of will be Moloids or Sentinels that are over 6 inches if that ever happens in our lifetime. That should help keep my collecting under control.

DST really needs to sell official minimate stands/bases separately so we don't have to suffer domino effects. Lately been thinking of hunting just for those new displays on ebay, but they go fast and rarely listed. I still get Domino effects with the single circular lego foot stands Luke sold, but displaying minimates has always been a hot topic.