UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey JayBird. Nice pics. What is the Flame base that you're using in the backgrounds from?

thanks bro, i believe its from a star wars figure. makes for great flamage.haha

Picked up a third Sue set for the Moloid. What to do with a third Sue? Complete the team while waiting for the Thing to get back from his intergalactic wrestling stint.

b5e3137d-9cfc-4cfc-9917-433b8ca50729_zps

I have to say I've been seeing a lot more quality control issues in the last few releases than I've seen in quite a while. Maybe it's just my luck lately but I got two left suit arms with Reed, messy paint on two different Sues and a broken knee joint on one Sue, stuck paint at the elbows on almost all this FF wave; and then all those too big wrist pegs and the fastball special hand peg not fitting the foot holes in the X-men Outback wave. Not complaining - well, maybe a little what with prices going up - but I figure if no one mentions this stuff Zach won't know about it.

I had to buy an extra Sue/Moloid & She-Hulk/Chun Li set just so I could do this. DST thanks you for my dollars.

I became impatient w/BBTS & ordered from Luke. My order shipped the next day. I was pleased to say the least.

Luke doesn’t offer a full of set of 8 anymore (and I already did order from Luke, I got my set of 6 from him so I could make an unpowered Johnny and FF She-Hulk)

Looks like BBTS got them today so my post is moot anyway.

No I consider him 80s Torch along with the rest of Wave 48 and TRU 15, classic Human Torch would be Wave 8.

This is how I display my FF teams

Classic: Wave 8 Human Torch, Best of 2 Mr. Fantastic, Wave 8 Invisible Woman/Susan Richards, Best of 1 Thing works but also pick which Thing you want, we haven't gotten a proper booty shorts classic Thing IMO.

80s: Wave 48 Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, TRU 15 Thing and Human Torch, custom Johnny Storm, custom She-Hulk

Marvel Knights 4: TRU 8 Human Torch, Sue Storm, Mr. Fantastic, Wave 37 or Best of 1 Thing.

Now a question, we don't have a Fantasticar and most likely won't get one so are any of the previously made Fantasticars compatible with Minimates?

One came out in the ToyBiz line in 95, part of one came with Mr. Fantastic in Marvel Legends Series 5, one was made for the first Fantastic Four film toyline, and one came with the Rise of the Silver Surfer toyline.

Edited by Heroic Slacker

I don't think any of the Fantasicars are compatible. I owned the ML one that came with Reed and the connect a set one from the original movie- putting minimates in them made it look like kids on playground equipment.

I'd recommend hitting up the paper supply aisle at Target/Meijer/Walmart/etc. for mini storage boxes and then just modding it with stickers or apoxie sculpt for a control panel seat.

I plan (hopefully soon) to make a H.E.R.B.I.E. out of apoxie similar to the style of Snarf since DST said they have "no plans" to make him. "No plans" meaning "probably sometime in the future if/when we get the license to the next FF movie". The Marvel Universe HERBIE is just a hair too tall for minimates. Bummer.

No I consider him 80s Torch along with the rest of Wave 48 and TRU 15, classic Human Torch would be Wave 8.

This is how I display my FF teams

Classic: Wave 8 Human Torch, Best of 2 Mr. Fantastic, Wave 8 Invisible Woman/Susan Richards, Best of 1 Thing works but also pick which Thing you want, we haven't gotten a proper booty shorts classic Thing IMO.

80s: Wave 48 Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, TRU 15 Thing and Human Torch, custom Johnny Storm, custom She-Hulk

Marvel Knights 4: TRU 8 Human Torch, Sue Storm, Mr. Fantastic, Wave 37 or Best of 1 Thing.

Now a question, we don't have a Fantasticar and most likely won't get one so are any of the previously made Fantasticars compatible with Minimates?

One came out in the ToyBiz line in 95, part of one came with Mr. Fantastic in Marvel Legends Series 5, one was made for the first Fantastic Four film toyline, and one came with the Rise of the Silver Surfer toyline.

Nice, I hope one day we get amazing bag man.

Edited by kaipo