UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Wrestling Thread

hellpop

Haven't had time to watch Takeover yet, but you just had to know it is going to be better than Payback. Plus, Tyler Breeze is on the card so it automatically gets a thumbs up from me. tongue.png

The Menagerie, it's interesting, but my main problem with it is the leader, Knux/Mike Knox. It doesn't feel like he's the "ringleader" of the group to me. I'm just waiting for them to go all-out Wyatt-like and be creepy. Then have 3 guys show up dressed like soldiers and dominate the roster in the name of avenging all wrongs. Although, I do like Eric Young as champ so far even though there are Daniel Bryan parallels.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok PPV this weekend and to be honest I couldn't care less most of it is Meh. I would finally want Wyatts to beat Cena and move on the same with Shield Evolution fued good matches just being to drag on.

Rusev vs. Big E. Rusev to win not that I think anything of him they are just building him up for Cena to beat in USA Vs foreigner match that WWE love. Ohh and Lana's legs yummy!

WWE United States Title Match

Cesaro vs. Sheamus.Hopfully Cesaro but I can see it being a DQ win or something to keep this going a bit longer.

WWE Intercontinental Title Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Bad News Barrett. Barrett all the way I like RVD and always have but he knows his place now put over the new guys and collect a paycheck.

WWE Divas Title Match

Alicia Fox vs. Paige. After the great Womens match on NXT takeover I cant see this delivering but hopefully Paige to keep it.

No Holds Barred Elimination Match

The Shield vs. Evolution. Evolution..I know..I know It should be The Shield but I can see some underhand stuff going on leaving Reigns against 2 or 3 of Evolution and after he gets his big moments Evolution win.

Last Man Standing Match

Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena. Plz Bray to win and get onto something else. I really do like the Wyatt stuff and he is the type of gimmick that dont need wins losses or titles to get over but I'm bored of the trying to break Super Cena bit. I want Bray to win but I can see Super Cena getting it after fending off all 3 members of the Wyatt family.

I'm going to make a wacky prediction about the Shield/Evolution match: Reigns turns on Ambrose and Rollins and joins Evolution. Here's how I'd do it: Batista eats the first pinfall, then Ambrose, leaving Reigns and Rollins (the former tag champs) against HHH and Orton. Seth plays babyface in peril, gets to Reigns, and things get crazy. Finally Reigns is going to pin Hunter... but Reigns pulls him off. Superman punch puts him away, post-match triple powerbomb on Rollins seals the turn. Next night on Raw Evolution kicks out Batista for being the weak link (which is why he's the only one to take a pinfall on their side) and we build to Rollins and Ambrose vs Reigns and Orton at SummerSlam (I figure all four will be in the MITB match).

The reason I think this works is that EVERYONE is expecting Rollins and Ambrose to turn on Reigns, so going the other way still surprises the fans. Rollins and Ambrose have been great as faces, and do a lot of cool tandem things, so keeping them a babyface tag team makes sense. Finally, by putting Reigns in Evolution you can get him some more singles matches experience while still protecting him a bit, and of course you're building him up towards an eventual split and showdown with HHH at WM next year.

But yeah, the card overall is pretty lame. Sheamus and Cesaro will be really good, though.

You guys forgot one more match prediction. The husband vs wife one. Daniel Bryan surrendering his championship vs Brie Bella's career. Does anyone else see Brie giving up her career and save her husband from making the choice himself? I'm hoping for a different swerve, even Bryan surrendering would shock me. But Brie is my favorite Bella after watching Total Divas. So I'm going to miss her if she is "fired". sad.png

I just watched NXT Takeover, and that was a really good PPV overall. The Zayn match, the Flair/Natalie match, and the main event were all top notch. Would be nice for WWE to do something worthwhile with Tyson Kidd. He's so damn good in the ring. But not unlike his wife, that may be the only reason he has a job at all, as he seems to lack the "it" factor, but can have a great match with a broom stick.

Edited by karamazov80

I've heard such good things about that show (particularly the women's match, which some are calling the best women's match in North American history) I'm going to have to make a point to watch it. I haven't found time for NXT in my weekly schedule yet (wrestling is basically confined to Monday and the occasional Sunday) but I think I need to; that and ROH sound like they are more my cup of tea then what the big boys are doing.

I don't know about that claim re: the women's match. It was really good, much much better than typical "divas" fare, of course, but ROH had plenty of great women's matches back in the day. I was really impressed with Flair, but I fear she isn't going to go very far because she's not much in the looks department.

The earthquake was a minor one, a 2.7 I think. Felt like a quick explosion from the next house or something. Apparently there was another one earlier in the evening but I didn't feel it. Plus, you get used to them in California so I didn't think much of it and was watching Rollins beat his "brothers". My initial thought was damn, everyone must be shocked, haha.

Even though I didn't want it to happen, what is next for the Shield after a program with the Authority/HHH/Evolution? It's good that the Shield didn't overstay, I guess... And it now feels like Evolution is living up to its name. HHH = past, Orton = present, Rollins = future. Sucks we have to wait for next week for it to develop more. Other than Rusev getting a gold star (pointless segment), I don't remember much else last night, haha.

I only watched about an hour of the show. I really liked the Steph/Cena segment. I rag on Cena's promos a lot, but he can be really good at times. He was basically Bryan's stand-in. The Rhodes Bros storyline is that Cody thinks Dustin deserves a better partner, so he went and recruited... Sin Cara. unsure.png

My only quibble with the Shield breaking up (other then that they were awesome and I'll miss them) is that I'm not sure Seth's the right guy to go heel. I guess that's why they did it, because he's such a great babyface. But I look forward to him being able to get out on his own and wrestle some singles matches. Maybe challenging Bryan for the title at SummerSlam? woot.gif

*Kool-Aid Man voice*

Oh Yeah!!!

I've always been complementary of Cena's mic skills. He's the man there for a reason, and there are lots of 'roided up super freaks that come and go with no fanfare.

I often find him frustrating, because he very often takes the wrong tone with his promos. And his comedy tends to be awful. But when he's on he can be very good. He's gotten a lot better at taking split or even hostile crowds and subtly getting them to his side.

Ah yes, the Cena promo where he made fun of Steph's boobs. I remember that now. I thought that was one of his more entertaining promos that made me remember how good he is. I also kind of thought that Cody might be the next member of Evolution after Bluetista quit again. Either that or Cody will eventually wear face paint and become Silverdust or something.

I hope Seth faces a healthy Bryan. That's be a great feud. But Evolution had 4 members. Ambrose could still defect so then you have Reigns fighting the Authority with Bryan and probably Cena.

Summerslam:

Rollins vs Bryan, Cena vs Ambrose, Reigns vs HHH, and Orton as support.

I don't always like Cena's promos, don't get me wrong. But I think he is really good at what he sets out to do. His dumb comedy sucks to me, but I get that it totally works with kids, and possibly women.

I'm afraid I have some bad news...

It has been confirmed that WWE officials were made aware on either
Thursday or Friday that Daniel Bryan will not be able to wrestle on the
Money in the Bank show and that on the show tonight it is expected they
will strip him of the title and announce that a Money in the Bank ladder
match will determine the new champion.

More details to come, but what we do know is this much:

*The decision has been made regarding who the champion will be. We don't know who that is.

I'm totally cool with him taking lots of time off. Heck it gives us time to palate cleanse after that lackluster post-WM Kane feud. I feel like this real life medical situation is putting him in a better spot than his storyline with Kane.

So maybe 2 MitB ladder matches? One for championship and one for briefcase? I like the idea of having 2 MitB ladder matches on the PPV. At least one of them will probably be good. I feel like a hypocrite saying that since MitB ladder matches are brutal and the superstars can end up injured like Bryan... Yeah, injuries suck, but it is always interesting to see who else steps up. You know, other than John Cena.

Edited by storm 1:08

Bryan should have known better than to take a big risk as champ, but then, he's only ever really known one speed. I recall his ROH days, when he got his retina detached, tore tendons in his shoulder, and probably gave himself a concussion banging his head against a pole fighting McGuinness, all for a little no-name independent company. Now, he's probably juicing, and he's getting older, both of which are probably providing that much more stress to his body, yet he pushes it all the time. Bummer. I'll be curious to hear about the aftermath of Raw tonight or tomorrow.

Well... I actually don't mind Del Rio being champ. I actually like him (except his run as a good guy). He's really got nothing to do nowadays so being a transitional champ isn't too bad. Either him or Bray Wyatt to further escalate his feud with Cena and "infecting" the universe.