The Wrestling Thread

hellpop

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cena would have been my favorite wrestler forever if he kicked the kid in the face and walked out of the ring.

Oh definitely. That would have been the way to win about 500,000 fans in a single moment laugh.png

Cena would have been my favorite wrestler forever if he kicked the kid in the face and walked out of the ring.

Oh definitely. That would have been the way to win about 500,000 fans in a single moment laugh.png

Wait, you think that would have been more effective then being so stunned by this moppet he couldn't even keep moving forward? Whatever.

BTW, I'm not sure what was dumber, Cena on Sunday or Bryan last night. wallbash.gif

Cena's Kryptonite are the women and children who buy his merchandise. He values his royalties so much that he wouldn't dare attack one of them.

I didn't catch Raw last night, what did he do?

It was even worse then that. Bryan and Brie hid in their locker room until they saw Kane's mask nailed to the door. Then they attempted to leave, except Stephanie told Bryan he had to wrestle tonight, and if he didn't he'd breach his contract and they'd strip him of the title. So he wrestled (and beat) Alberto Del Rio, in a match that I thought was pretty good. Immediately after the match, Kane's music plays, and Bryan and Brie RUN from the ring up the ramp. Cut to a backstage segment, where they jump into his waiting car (Bryan still in his gear! They don't even get their luggage). But the car won't start. Bryan pops the hood and says "someone pulled a wire!" When he shuts the hood, Kane is in the back of the car. Bryan and Kane brawl for a minute, then Bryan gets back into the car and starts it (must've fixed that wire) and drives off with Kane on the roof. Kane falls. Bryan drives about ten feet, stops, and gets out. Kane is laying on his back. He's clearly going to do the Zombie situp, which he does. Bryan jumps back into the car and speeds off. Basically, the World Heavyweight Champion was made to look like a scared teenager in a horror movie. headslap.gif

It was not a very good show, but the main event was Wyatts/ Shield, which is always good.

Which one? I remember first discovering WCW while flipping around looking for the TV channel that had WrestleMania (in those days, you could tune into the scrambled channel and hear what was going on) and coming across one of the Clashes instead. By the end of the night I was much more into WCW then I ever was WWF. Just a better, more realistic product (Jim Ross didn't hurt either).

First one ever. First match was Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin vs. Bray Wyatt's daddy! Main event was Flair vs. Sting. WWE Network just put all the Clashes up, I believe.

As a kid, I recall watching one that had Flair/Steamboat as the main event

Edited by karamazov80

Really enjoying the new ECW and Clash stuff. Earlier I was watching an ECW show with the Malenko Bros. (Dean and Joe) against Sabu and Taz, which got me to google searching about Joe, who I didn't know much about. He and Dean wrestled together at Clash 19, which I'm watching now, against Steamboat and Nikita Koloff as part of a tag team tournament. Next match on the card is on, and had Stunning Steve Austin and Rick Rude as a dream team from Paul Heyman's Dangerous Alliance. . .unfortunately from them, they just ran into a buzzsaw of a team--Marcus Bagwell and the Z-Man Tom Zenk! Austin and Rude should have just forfeited and saved themselves the embarrassment.

I didn't know Malenko had a brother who wrestled. He's a guy that was just absolutely wasted by WWE. They just did not know what to do with guys that were great workers but not so compelling characters. But his matches in WCW were almost always show stealers.

Speaking of great workers... sounds like Daniel Bryan's injury is for real (though not as bad as they are making it out to be). He might miss Payback, but will definitely be back for Money in the Bank. Man, can you imagine a PPV in Chicago with no CM Punk or Daniel Bryan? That is going to be one ugly crowd.

WWE schedule for next euro tour.

* November 5th in London at Wembley Arena

* November 6th in Cardiff

* November 6th in Dublin

* November 7th in Birmingham

* November 7th in Belfast

* November 8th in Manchester

* November 8th in Minehead

* November 9th in Nottingham

* November 9th in Leeds

* November 10th in Liverpool for RAW

* November 10th in Borne­mouth

* November 11th in Liverpool for SmackDown

* November 11th in Brighton

* November 12th in Paris

* November 12th in Newcastle

* November 13th in Madrid

* November 13th in Glasgow

* November 14th in Milan

* November 14th in Braunschweigh

* November 15th in Boizano

* November 15th in Frankfurt

Why am I posting this...well double header of Raw an SD taped in Liverpool :) happy

Nope I think the closest was Manchester and couldn't be bothered with the train ride back.

Its just with it being a RAW an SD taping in Liverpool, that has got my interest TV tapings means that interesting stuff can happen not like a standard house show where the chances of a title change are slim.. The arena is about a £10 cab ride from my house so I dont have to worry about parking etc. Basicly this is right on my doorstep. using google maps the Car route is about 4 miles having to go around the one way systems etc as the crow flies its well under 3 miles.

So anyone catch the big Bo Dallas debut on Friday? If not, don't worry, I'm sure we'll see the exact same match and segment on Raw. I watched it on Hulu, and it was... okay. The character reminds me a LOT of Jericho in WCW, which is a good thing. He was even yelling "yeah baby!" as the match went on. I would not be surprised at all if they try to bring Jericho back to work with him, which could be good. But I thought they undersold the debut a bit after all that hype.

I have just finished watching the NJPW/ROH joint shows Global Wars and War Of The Worlds. For me I found them both good solid shows with War Of The Worlds being the better of the 2 IMO match wise and just because of the location as well which is the Hammerstein Ballroom. The fans make that place for me even going back to old ECW stuff I have on VHS, the fans apprecite good wrestling get behind both sides and have fun.

Ive tryed to watch some NJPW before but the non English commentary grates on me and no sound watching in silence is worse. So after these 2 PPV thingys I'm now a Bullet Club convert AJ Styles even though trying to play heelish or lone wolf is still phenomenal along with the Young Bucks who your supposed to hate and they play like a really bratty version of The Rockers just get ppl behind them. Gallows and Karl Anderson mesh well together but as a unit the whole lot is great and with the fans cheering them like their really not supposed too its kinda like the NWO.

Bullet Club in NJPW are major Heels but Stateside they are cheered as Faces. Kinda like how when Bret Hart turned the Hart Foundation into a down with USA stable, anywhere in USA they where boo'd but outside the USA say in UK or especially Canada they where cheered.

Last thing if we have any Japanese forum members that could hook me up with a Bullet Club Tshirt (Google Translate craps out on NJPW website) I am willing to paypal or sort something out.

I've heard those shows were really great; I've been meaning to check them out but haven't had the time. It will be interesting to see how ROH's first PPV does. Dave Meltzer flat out predicted that it will beat TNA's upcoming show. Which isn't saying much, but ROH definitely feels like a company on the rise. As for New Japan, I agree that they really need to get an English broadcast going. Jim Ross doing New Japan just makes too much sense not to happen.

After Bo's Raw and Smackdown debuts, one thing I look forward to now is to see where his hair gets stuck on his face when he walks to the ring and does a promo. I keep waiting for him to fix it, but he doesn't! Haha. Yeah, I know you should just keep going with it, but he needs good Titantron videos with his hair not in his face! Gimmick is okay and I'm an NXT Boliever. But in the big leagues, let's see how he meshes in a couple of decent feuds first. NXT gimmicks don't feel like they translate well in the main roster. The NXT universe has that hot crowd feel that makes everything better. I mean, they made me believe in Yoshi Tatsu for a minute!

Minifiend, unless someone else can help quicker, I have a friend who lives in Japan who I see whenever he visits the US for work or holidays. I can PM you when I next know and see if he can help. Then I can ship it over to you. smile.png Might be a long while, though...

But yeah, I've flipped through Japanese wrestling when I visited overseas for family vacations. Very odd that it is silent a lot, the commentary and audience. But on the flip side, I'm sure they'd really hate Michael Cole if they watch RAW. tongue.png

Just watched NXT takeover. A great solid show with a lively crowd. I'm not one to usually go for the women's wrestling but the Natalya Vs Charlotte match was excellent prob the best women's match in WWE since back with Trish and Lita, Just shows what can be done by having wrestlers not bimbo's in a ring.

I actually enjoy NXT more then some of the main WWE stuff at times.

So TNA is doing their version of the Oddities now, huh? I wouldn't say it is a total trainwreck. Probably 1/4 to a 1/3 of the 50 people in attendance there seemed to be enjoying it. As did Taz.