UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you listening to?

Freaqualizer

I'm big on things like Pearl Jam, Springsteen and Johnny Cash. I'm also a huge fan of My Chemical Romance.

for the most part, while I'm certainly no fogie, most contemporary music is genuinely a load of old moist balls. That said, recent stuff I've really enjoyed are The Gaslight Anthem and Charlie Simpson's solo album (yeah, the guy from Busted... did you even have Busted in the US? We don't talk about Busted).

Hells yeah. I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan. Ten was the first cd I ever bought. Growing up, my best friend and I were huge Pearl Jam fans. I finally got to see them in like 2001. It was an epic evening. Almost brought tears to my eyes.

I 've only ever heard one Gaslight Anthem song. I think it's the 55 sound? I thought it was great.

I've never heard of Busted. But, ya can't help what you like,right?

K.

I've recently been listening to a lot of Steely Dan and UFO. As well as '80s stuff and jazz, which are pretty much constants for me. I like all kinds of music, though. I'm a big Pearl Jam fan. Their first two albums were two of the first 3 CDs I bought. . .along with Aerosmith's Get A Grip, which I'm not so proud of :D

Panic! At the disco,The all American rejects,Daft punk,foster the people,the black keys,horror theme songs(lol I know that sound a bit weird but the psycho,Halloween and twilight zone themes are just amazing!) and pretty much anything from the 80's if its on the radio(I find it weird how I am listening to songs that date back to the 60's while I'm a teenager,eh I guess that prove that 90% of the stuff on the radio today is SH*T...) :whistling:

PJ20 yeah that was a really interesting film. Ha, when they were showing the Temple of the Dog video for hunger strike, my lady said "I didn't know the lead singer of Soundgarden was in that song." Then a few minutes later she said "I didn't know Eddie Vedder was in that song either." I was at a loss for words.

Good times!

I miss the glory days of music.

Freaq... Pretty sure its the 59 sound, beautiful album. They've a new one now, American Slang.

Btw, for anyone that has heard of busted, I can assure you I am ceryainly not a fan, nor has I ever been. I absolutely promise. That isn't music.

If anyone has a few minutes to kill, fire up youtube and have a listen to year 3000 or crashed the wedding by busted. Then have a listen to parachutes or thorns by Charlie Simpson. Tisn't the same... Tisn't. He is v.embarassed of his past, but at least it gave him a foot in the door, n' that.

If anyone likes metal/hard rock and is looking for something interesting I highly recommend Dog Fashion Disco and Lollipop Lust Kill. Especially darkredshadows since you said you like horror mcovie theme songs.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I had a home phone some years ago that I could create my own ringtones for...halloween time always brought the Exorcist theme and of course the Halloween theme. Of course I do enjoy horror movies a great deal. So, maybe my opinion is skewed.

It's awesome to see all the Pearl Jam love in here! :D PJ is by far my favorite band and I'll get to see Eddie Vedder solo in roughly two months!

Gaslight Anthem is just phenomenal as well. Brian Fallon is the lead singer and his work in that band and solo/cover stuff on youtube is amazing. There should be a new Gaslight record coming this year, can't wait!

So yeah I listen to Pearl Jam quite often, Metallica and anything in between those guys- and a mix of classic rock too.

Edited by Samwise Gamgee

Watching the Pearl Jam documentary, for me, was like running into an old girl friend... that feeling of "oh, you've continued to live your life after we lost touch". They were my favorite band when I was 16 and "Ten" first came out. They still hold a special place in my heart, because they were a bridge to the hair metal I listened to in early adolescence and the stuff I got into later, but once I discovered bands like the Cure, Joy Division and the Jesus & Mary Chain there was no looking back.

Incidentally, my brother, who is about nine years younger then I am, picked up the Pearl Jam torch after I'd dropped it and remains a big fan. He got married last month, and everybody figured that he'd insist on a Pearl Jam song for the first dance, which he steadfastly denied. Then comes the reception, and they dance to... a song from Eddie Vedder's album of ukulele songs, which was just dreadful. Easily the worst choice for a first dance I've ever heard. Should have gone with "Long Road"!

Ah, the Cure. Another one of my all times faves! I will never forget the first time I ever heard Burn off of The Crow soundtrack. I absolutely was enthralled. Then I bought Wild Mood Swings. Still one of my top ten albums of all time.

Speaking of PJ Harvey and The Crow, all I really know of her is the song of hers from The Crow: City of Angels soundtrack.

Sometimes I just wanna scream "YAY MUSIC!"

Since there is so much PJ love in here..what's everyone's favorite albums of theirs?

I'd have to say mine are ten, vs and vitalogy. With porch or indifference being my two of my all time faves.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

K.

Oh boy, tough call here. I'm pretty sure it's the self-titled/Avocado album from '06. That seems to be the album I enjoy the most as a whole, but Ten comes really close. I can't choose one favorite song, however In My Tree is definitely in my top 2.

PJ Harvey is one of those people I just never could get into. She falls into the category of "artists and bands I respect but don't really like". I call this list "Pavement and friends". :biggrin:

Gasp! But... but... Pavement's the best.