UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe

Liney

I was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me.

Does each new volume of Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe just update he previous one by adding new characters and additional stuff to the old ones or is it only the newer characters?

If it is the latter would that mean you have to buy all the volumes to get all the characters? I'm totally confused about this.

If you're talking about the latest release of the Handbook, there are 13 volumes that are in A to Z format and were as up to date as they could be when they came out. There was a 14th volume that updated any major character changes since the series started (like how Venom become Anti-Venom). So, yes to have all characters you need all the volumes.

I loved the Handbook when I was a kid. One of the first things that I did when I started going to conventions was track down the issues of the Handbook and DC's Who Who that I was missing. Reading those introduced me to all sorts of new characters and concepts and probably made me a lifelong fan of both Marvel and DC.

I love all the various Marvel handbooks. It's probably the most complete part of my collection. The "Master Edition" is the weakest on useful biographical information, but as a costume guide it's yet to be equalled.

I should also mention that they make great bathroom books. No seriously.