UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2011 is now live!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait . . . i haven't got my gift yet! Did you just tell me who my Secret Santa is? :blink:

Um...no? I'm not sure what you're talking about...:whistling:

:confused:

I was trying to update things while dealing with a major computer virus my son 'allowed' in and just realized you weren't on the list yet. I'm so completely sorry I messed up and put the wrong person down for your Santa and have corrected it.

OH NO! :ohmy:

Having a virus in your 'puter is so upsetting. I freak out about all the stuff i don't have backed up (which is almost everything.

Hope yours is ok :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the effort you have gone to this year, G-hog. it is very much appreciated by all involved.

Wow - what an epic ordeal!

My Secret Santa Journey began on the 23rd of December: the last day before Christmas that the Post Office would be open. I knew that as 5pm ticked closer, i would not have time to go home and check my mailbox and still make it to the Post Office, so i took a gamble. I left work 10 minutes early and went straight to my GPO. Without a slip to claim any mail with, i asked the attendant if she could help me out and have a look for something i had been expecting. I told her i expected it to be a parcel from over-seas, but that i wasn't sure form where. She was kind enough to have a look for me, but after a couple of minutes she returned empty handed. I was a little bummed out, but figured it would just be a couple of days before i could open my gift.

When i got home, i checked my mail box, and there it was: a postal slip telling me that there was an international signature article awaiting collection at the GPO i had just come home from! I was miffed, to say the least. Still - i knew it had arrived and was being kept safe until i could collect it when the GPO re-opened on the 28th.

So, this morning I gleefully awoke several hours for work. I treated myself to a long hot shower & a decent breakfast before trotting down to the GPO with my postal slip firmly gripped in one hand, a bottled water in the other. There was no line, so i went straight to the counter where the young lady asked for my slip and some id - both of which i already had out for her. She took them into the back of the shop where they store the parcels. I jammed out to some David Bowie on my iphone while i waited. The bowie song finished and one by Robyn's 'Call You're Girlfriend' started. Then it ended. I realised the GPO clerk had been gone for over 5 minutes. Half-way through Roy Orbison's 'Dream Baby' she returned and told me that she could not find my parcel anywhere and that she'd have to wait for the delivery contractor to return today. I was genuinely worried, but calmly gave her my details so that when the driver came back, she could call me to update me.

I went to work for my short 5 hour shift, which felt more like a 12 hour shift and waited for the call. At 3:30 the Clerk called to tell me that the Driver had returned and had the parcel still in his truck from last week. I was so happy that i wished her a merry christmas, a happy new year & a wonderful life all in the one sentence.

I wasn't finishing work till 5:30 - but luckily my BF was kind enough to collect the slip from me at work and get my parcel for me.

It was worth the wait:

PICTURE TO FOLLOW AFTER EDITING

The parcel is from Ann Arbor, which didn't ring a bell. But the name rang a bell.

I put a lot of things on my list. A LOT of things. Mainly in the hopes that something on there would be findable by my Secret Santa. I didn't count on them finding so many things. I listed any army builders, preferably from the X-Universe:

IMG_0739.jpg

2 x Sentinel & Rachel Grey packs. Awesome!

I mentioned the Femme Fatales set:

IMG_0731.jpg

And that i had not been able to get to NYCC, but that i loved the Maximum Zombies figures:

IMG_0741.jpg

And as if this wasn't already enough:

IMG_0723.jpg

A brand new Heralds set!!!

This was truly an awesome Secret Santa gift. But there was still more yet! My wish list included a request in the event that i was lucky enough to score a customiser; 'i'd especially like it to be X-Men related character & even more if it's an obscure x-men character that we're never likely to see'.

So, i found one obscure custom:

IMG_0745.jpg

Now THIS - i have seen before. Even if it hadn't already been given away a bit earlier today ( ;) ) this would have tipped me off: My Secret Santa is none other than YouBastards!

But wait - its not over. There was ANOTHER custom. This one was a little more X-esque:

IMG_0754.jpgIMG_0753.jpg

It is a BEAUTIFULLY made custom of Black Tom Cassidy! An X-Character; a villain; not an A-Lister. It is exactly what i wanted. And it is bloody perfect.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Youbastards. Your generosity is EPIC. Any one of the things you sent me would have been a fantastic gift. To receive all of these things has put me to shame completely. I can't thank you enough.

But as a small token of my gratitude, here's a couple of snaps of Tom with his old mate Cain:

IMG_0756.jpgIMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Yay, I'm glad you finally got it! I was really starting to worry because I mailed it on the 8th!

Black Tom's shillelagh is sculpted, and a bit too big for his hand. I was hoping to score another First Appearance Thor/Balder set to use the walking stick instead, but I ran out of time and had to ship. His face is the Angry Villager from UM Series 2, the body is a repainted Classic Ghost Rider, and I think the hair is Captain Marvel?

I also had realized that I completely forgot to take any pictures of the custom before I shipped, so thanks for sharing. He looks even better next to Juggs!

Glad you liked everything! I felt the need to go a little overboard, since you are on the other side of the planet after all! :thumbsup:

Based on this list, I'm going to revise my guess. I see no pickles, but I believe there is a Canadian spider up there, so Thank You TheSpiderX! My gifts are awesome!

Not me! Although I would like to take credit for it. Being awesome for 2 people would be great. haha

I already received an awesome gift from my secret Santa a week or so ago. So I wasn't expecting anything else. Then on Christmas Eve I cam home from work and another package from my Secret Santa was on my kitchen counter. I ripped it open and so an awesome Deadpool shirt. Sweet! However wrapped in the shirt was a Christmas miracle. My secret Santa had created for me Carl, the Coal crushing elf. Not only did I get a sweet custom minimate but a bio card. A lot of work went into this gift and whoever was my secret Santa thank you so much. You made my Christmas Eve and opened my mind up for many adventures of Carl in future Minimate Theatres. Thank you so much! I owe you big time!

post-1856-0-64823000-1325127391_thumb.jp

Edited by DaveOMac

Okay, for anyone who is still clueless, you can look for your Santa here at your own leisure:

Ninja Mate-DaveOMac

blacksun1520-Jay Tigran

DaveOMac-blacksun1520

Jay Tigran-homestar17

jcastick-TheSpiderX

In case anyone hasn't gotten a gift and hasn't said anything yet, please let me know (I'm pretty sure that's not the case though). Same thing if I messed up who was paired with who.

Well, 3rd time's a charm I guess :P Thanks Jay! For some reason I thought you lived in Florida :wacko:

First time for everything? lol, no problem, I was very happy to be a part of this years Secret Santa

and thank you homestar17 :D

Edited by Jay Tigran

• 2 weeks later...

It took a bit of time, but my gift had just arrived from my Secret Santa and I must say.....I am blown away!!

2012-01-17152836_SanJose_California_US.jpg

I received The Avengers Box Set, Heralds of Galactus Box set, Mr. Sinister & Nimrod and Arkham Asylum: Madness trade paperback.

My santa certainly went above and beyond the call of duty and by who is remaining....I'd have to say my Santa is TheSpiderX.

I truly do not think I could ever thank you enough, this was wonderful!