UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

R.I.P Steve

DarkRedShadow

He was a very clever man who helped make a lot of cool stuff. RIP

RIP. I know very little about the man - but i have to admit i own an iphone, ipod, ipod touch & 2 power books. And i'm a huge fan of all of them. The man has left something of a legacy.

<br />There are two objects I have with me at all times: my wedding ring and my iphone. That says a lot.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> YeahI can sort of relate,I always got my house keys and my iPad,it's been extremely useful,and ever since Steve resigned I wonders how will apple make new innovative products,I could see how there playing safe for now with 4s,and maybe iPad 3,but I think without Steve,they might start to fall,I understand that apple has an immense following but sooner or later they will loose interest if nothing new is brought to the table Edited by darkredshdow

I love my iPhone, iPod, and iPad. To me the contribution that Steve Jobs made that I will forever cherish and be thankful for is that of Pixar. I am forever thankful for the wonderful stories and characters. Thank you Mr. Jobs for making the world a brighter place.

Y'all know he was fired once before, right? I think Apple will be fine without him.

Yes, and the company sank into relative obscurity and almost went out of business. It was being crushed by PC's and now desktops are the ones in danger of going the way of the dinosaur. I think genius is an often overused term, but he had a knack for anticipating what the public would go for and then mining that niche.

While I'm no fan of Apple products, Steve was a fantastic marketeer and had a knack for giving the general public what they never knew they always wanted.

Apple will be interesting to watch now as to which way they turn, I'd be suprised if anyone else can manage to convince the shareholders to stick with such "premium" offerings in this economy. Simpler packaging alone would make a difference.

Simpler packaging alone would make a difference.

Possibly...but I thought they jumped leaps and bounds ahead when they pretty much eliminated instructions manuals. that was pretty awesome for a few reasons. one they were a waste of information, and two, Apple products are so awesome you already know how they work, even if you have never owned one before. as one of my friends said in regards to Apple products - "They just work". I will always remember that quote.

Edited by Ninja Mate

Y'all know he was fired once before, right? I think Apple will be fine without him.

Prediction: iPhone 4S is the best selling phone of all time. Comes out in 12 days. Steve Jobs dies. Hmmm...

Grow up and show a little respect for the dead numbnuts <_<

In his words:

"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

Prediction: iPhone 4S is the best selling phone of all time. Comes out in 12 days. Steve Jobs dies. Hmmm...

Grow up and show a little respect for the dead numbnuts <_<

If I offended you personally in any way, I apologize.

<br />
<br />Y'all know he was fired once before, right? I think Apple will be fine without him.<br />
<br /><br /><br />Yes, and the company sank into relative obscurity and almost went out of business.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> the apple camera just flashed into my head,now that's an obscure product

Are you looking to take a holiday from the boards?

Consider this a formal, and public, warning.

Your first post in this thread made me cringe but I let it slide, your second did again and now your third with the odd emphasis is just annoying.

Sorry. Been in a weird state of mind lately.

Considering that he hand picked his successor, I'm feeling pretty good about the future of Apple products. I love my iPhone, iPad, and iPod, and though I never knew Steve Jobs personally, I certainly appreciate his brilliance.

I think we can all agree that Tim Cook has some huge shoes to fill.

RIP Steve.