UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic Cover Replication Contest!

luke314pi

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'm posting this right. I've been working all day on it. Blink #1

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/frylock_2099/Minimates/Blink1contestcover.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/frylock_2099/Minimates/scan0005.jpg

Please tell me that is ok. I can't figure out how to show the pictures.

Damnit! I sent the wrong one. Please allow this corrected one to be my entry. I resized the bar code.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/frylock_2099/Minimates/Blink1contestcover2.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/frylock_2099/Minimates/scan0005.jpg

All right, I can't figure out how to get them smaller but at least you can see it.Blink1contestcover2.jpg

scan0005.jpg

Edited by Brad

Good luck to everyone who participated. I made mine, took a week to prepare it and set it up, then tried to upload it to my PC. Suddenly, my PC can't read my memory card. I went out and looked for a computer shop. Unfortunately, it still can't read my memory card. It must be broken. C'est la vie. :(

Hence, I resorted to just typing this and wish everyone good luck. It will be extremely difficult to pick the winner.

I'll just post my "cover" in the collection thread. :)

Here's my entry: Comic Book Tattoo - Tales Inspired by Tori Amos.

th_ComicBookTattoo.jpg

th_cbt_coverjasonlevesque_2.jpg

This was a lot of fun but I wish I had picked an easier cover to replicate! I was planning on inking before I colored but I wouldn't have finished on time so I scanned my pencils and then colored it with pencil crayons.

Wow....I did not see that coming!

Amazing talent displayed in this thread. Congratulations to all the entrants, I am already agonising over my choices. Good luck everyone!

Voted! Lots of tough choices, but after much consideration I was able to narrow it down those I thought were the cream of the crop. Good luck everybody. And a big thanks to Luke for hosting yet another fun contest. Kudos sir! :thumbsup:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Voted! Man, it was a tough decision in all categories! Congrats to all the participants - there's a talented bunch around here! I particularly enjoyed all the hand drawn entries.

Thanks to Luke for hosting this amazing contest, DST and Zach for the prize packs, and our man-on-the-scene, Storm1:08 for snagging it all at the con!

I'd like to point out that mine also qualifies for Custom figures, cause Black Cat is a Foes BC with a Ms Marvel head and Ult Storm hair, while Spidey is Torment Spidey with a FA head. Not that I actually expect for anyone to vote for a custom figure based on those, but it still qualifies.

Man, this voting is gona take me all night. :/

I'd like to point out that mine also qualifies for Custom figures, cause Black Cat is a Foes BC with a Ms Marvel head and Ult Storm hair, while Spidey is Torment Spidey with a FA head. Not that I actually expect for anyone to vote for a custom figure based on those, but it still qualifies.

I thought that hair looked different! Nice work on that pic.

The votes are coming in fast and furious! :)

Sorry about that! I fixed it in the gallery.