UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

London's Burning

dj87

BBC Newshour (a National Public Radio show produced by the BBC over here) had an interview with a pair of teenage girls, in the 17-18 range, that had participated in the riots. Clearly, if these two are any example, political expression is just an excuse to break stuff and steal. After giggling for a few minutes about what they'd taken, they said it was all the Conservatives fault... well, they weren't really sure whose fault it was, but someone's. So they were showing they could do what they want, and the "rich people" can't stop them.

If one of these two were my daughter, and I heard her making an absolute fool of herself, I'd drag her to the police station myself by the ear.

Just as I thought, our great newspaper Bild, which is probably just as great as your Sun :yucky:, discusses - no wait, let me put it this way - "discusses" the possibilities of riots in Germany and comes to the surprising conclusion that we should fear them, because we have the same "high explosive social mixture" in our country.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't think what happened in France years ago and now in the UK can't happen in Germany, but we don't need studpid superficial propaganda like that.

some of the riot jokes i got on my phone yesterday and today.

Haloumi Kebabs in a lemon basil and garlic marinade, roasted mediterranian vegatable and feta salad with couscous, amorello cherry and almond cream terrine….

I’m not just any looter I’m an M&S Looter.

I wonder if the first thing David Cameron says to Nick Clegg after coming back early from his holiday is ”I leave you alone for two smurfing minutes!!…”

Inner City riots, King Kenny at Liverpool and a Tory Goverment making massive cuts..All we need now is The Specials at Number 1 for true 80′s revival.

I said to my mate “We’re in the middle of a huge recession, we’ve got Noel Edmonds on TV and we’ve got rioting on the streets of London. It’s like being back in the 80′s”

He said “Yeah, what’s next, Liverpool win the league?”

Oh how we both laughed.

Following the riots and looting in Tottenham a large number of Scousers will now not travel down for Saturdays Spurs v Everton premiership game,due to fears that all the best stuff has already been stolen.

Six shots fired in London, all missed.

Police are looking to question Fernando Torres. (prob my fav one out the lot)