UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Moo's Custom minimates- 3 'mates added on 4/14/14 pg 7

Love your Clea - your daughter makes good suggestions. And your Gladiator is wonderful - love the details and wrist saw blades. Are those from a Dremel?

But your Vector is outstanding. That's the kind of custom that gives me nightmares, and yet you make it look so easy.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks! I love the gladiator's design, especially the Frank miller era. The wrist blades are the small green backers to girl scout yearly pins. I just snipped them into edges and they were the perfect size! The Vecotr was a nightmare lol. It looked awful after the first couple of colors but cames together in the end.

• 9 months later...

Not that I know of. I mean, nothing like that, where you've got basically blueprints of the characters. These were published by Marvel in the late 80s/ early 90s as a new edition of the Marvel Handbook (which is why the characters are somewhat out of date... not that it bothers guys like us). DC did a similar thing with Who's Who, but the artwork was more pinup then design sheet. The closest thing to this I know of for DC characters is the visual reference database at Custom Justice:

http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery/index.php?cat=3

Sorry to hijack your thread, Moo!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I first saw the UFoes in the Marvel Avengers Alliance game on FB... and have been thinking of ways to customise them ever since. They are a very toyetic bunch & you've done a really good job minimating them. thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have a huge show this weekend (Awesomecon DC) so I get the chance to work on some mates! Rounding out the superfriends with the black Vulcan, A much needed large version of the abomination, I hated the skinny version lol, and a 1980's Colossus that I stole from a talented individual on these boards!

Black_Vulcan.jpg

Abomination.jpg

Colossus_1980s.jpg