UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1900's Block Toys? - Pelletboy

pelletboy

Probably not, no. DST is not allowed to do DC Minimates anymore. The Star Trek Minimates failed to sell very well, and DST has suggested that more Trek Minimates are not likely. Prototype pictures were shown for Batman Begins Minimates, however. They were under consideration back when the C3 line was going.

As for other block toys, LEGO Batman figures were released for the Dark Knight, and Medicom has produced Kubricks from both previous Bat-films. I think there are other block figures made for the Bat-films, but I'm not sure what they might be.

Edited by karamazov80

Probably not, no. DST is not allowed to do DC Minimates anymore. The Star Trek Minimates failed to sell very well, and DST has suggested that more Trek Minimates are not likely. Prototype pictures were shown for Batman Begins Minimates, however. They were under consideration back when the C3 line was going.

As for other block toys, LEGO Batman figures were released for the Dark Knight, and Medicom has produced Kubricks from both previous Bat-films. I think there are other block figures made for the Bat-films, but I'm not sure what they might be.

What's DST? YOU SAID: "The Star Trek Minimates failed to sell very well, and DST has suggested that more Trek Minimates are not likely." Does this mean that There were J.J. Abrams Star Trek figures before but were discontinued? How about other block toys for J.J. Abrams Star Trek? And I can't find LEGO The Dark Knight figures that weren't custom-made. Were there really official releases for them?

DST = Diamond Select Toys, owner of Minimates. There were no Abrams Minimates, but the other Star Trek Minimates did not sell well to DST's satisfaction.

Dark Knight LEGOs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-BATMAN-BATMOBILE-JOKERS-ICE-CREAM-SURPRISE-78-/110492759118?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item19b9e1b44e

Hi are there or will there be any King of Fighters Minimates or other block toys based on them?

GO HERE: http://www.minimatedatabase.com/

If it’s not there they do not exist.

That said... man, it’s too bad America has ZERO interest in KoF, I eff’in LOVE KoF (Fatal Fury more so but KoF is the same damned stuff, anything with Terry Bogard is a good enough game in my opinion) I’d buy the crap out of some nice American style KoF products (gashpons and random weird HK figures aren’t doing it for me) like a nice minimate box set of the heroes Terry, Andy, Joe, and Mai and a villains set of Geese, Krauser, Billy, and Yamakazi would be killer.

Man your a persistant one, almost every thread I've read recently has you asking the same or similar question.

What is it you're actually looking for? Block figures from years ago? Block figures of licenses from years ago? Block figures of a certain thing? Block figures of public domain licenses? One of your ambiguously worded threads seems to be asking about blok figures from 1900, as in made in 1900 of fictional works from around then? "Do you know of any more block figures featuring licensed characters from the 1900's to 1980's? " is an equally vague question, what licensed characters, or are you wanting a complete list of "block figure" based on any property that existed in that eighty year timeframe?

Man your a persistant one, almost every thread I've read recently has you asking the same or similar question.

What is it you're actually looking for? Block figures from years ago? Block figures of licenses from years ago? Block figures of a certain thing? Block figures of public domain licenses? One of your ambiguously worded threads seems to be asking about blok figures from 1900, as in made in 1900 of fictional works from around then? "Do you know of any more block figures featuring licensed characters from the 1900's to 1980's? " is an equally vague question, what licensed characters, or are you wanting a complete list of "block figure" based on any property that existed in that eighty year timeframe?

I just want to know how long block toys have been in production. Were they always there or a product of modern technology and demand?

Spaceglider.jpg?t=1195152422

Is this a Micronaut figure? If not, what it is? Is it custom-made or official? And how old is it cause it looks old.? Do you know of any more block figures featuring licensed characters from the 1900's to 1980's?

What about this? Does anyone know what its based on, how old it is, if its custom or officially made? Thanks.. Sorry for being so persistent.. Doing my own research here..

What about this? Does anyone know what its based on, how old it is, if its custom or officially made? Thanks.. Sorry for being so persistent.. Doing my own research here..

The figure's name is 'Spaceglider" and he was part of the Micronauts Nanomen line-up that was never released. You can read more about it here. And here's a link to the gallery where Spaceglider appeared.

And if you need to compare block figures, there's Cappy's amazing Block Figure Line-Up.

Edited by Fujis

Here's some research advice: find a book on antique toys. Sorry, I don't know any titles, authors, publication dates, anyone who owns one, or where specifically you could find one. Check the index for block toys, time periods that interest you, characters that interest you, etc. Read the pages you are directed to. If they do not offer the info you seek, check for references that lead to other books, articles or online sites that might. If the book doesn't have an index use the chapters as a guide to see if any information might be what you're looking for. Go to the library, librarians are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable folk, they could possibly assist you in locating a book with the information you seek.

Have you done google searches? I'm not curious enough to try one now to see what comes up. Seriously, do your own homework. Come back and share what you find; there may be other people interested in reading your account of the brief history of block figures from 1780-present.

Hope that helps! Look forward to reading your research findings.

[edit to fix broken lines of text.]

Edited by MsMarvel fan

The figure's name is 'Spaceglider" and he was part of the Micronauts Nanomen line-up that was never released. You can read more about it here. And here's a link to the gallery where Spaceglider appeared.

And if you need to compare block figures, there's Cappy's amazing Block Figure Line-Up.

What year were the MIcronauts lineup supposed to come out?

I didn't know either so I've just googled your question& found out that it was 1976.

1976? Are you sure? The first link given states "Licensed by Abrams and Gentile Entertainment, the Micronauts Nanonmen assortment is slated for release this November for a SRP of $6.99 each." It couldn't have been November of 1976. Can you give the site?