UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CustomCon 30

boyd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe this is where I can reveal the project I've been working on forever. Not that it is huge, but it is just taking me forever to get done... and now that I'm back on 2nd shift at work its worse :confused: . There are at least half a dozen finished, so maybe just those could work.

I had already planned on entering a set of 4 customs that I have in the works. Today, in a moment of pure insanity, I decided to do another set of 7 1/4 customs from a different license. These are figures that I have been wanting to do for years, and it was hard enough to narrow it down to 7 1/4. One of them is an update to a custom I made a few years back, and another one has an accessory that has been sitting on my work desk for 4 years unfinished!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in as well. Just took my pics this morning and sent it in. Actually, two of the customs aren't finished. Well, they are kind of, but I wanted to add some details on them for which I didn't have the time. I'll show what I tweaked in my regular thread entries after CC.

I'm really looking forward to see what you guys came up with!

Edited by Bob Harris

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen, CustomCon30 just opened its doors.

And on the first day of CustomCon our customizers gave to us: a Dead-Alive (Braindead) Minimate horde!

Great job Luke! Uncle Les is the winner in my eyes, but I really like that lawnmower! And all the details! Very cool!

In other news: I like those Gombiezobpocalypse customs a lot. Especially "Tick & Tock" the chaotic goblin tinkerers.

Thanks Bob! That lawnmower has been sitting unfinished on my customs desk since 2007! I started it after I made Zombie Void for the zombie custom contest we had here back in that same year. Dead Alive minimates has been a dream project of mine for years, and I'm not sure why I waited this long to do it. When I was in high school, my friends and I would show the movie to new people in our group and watch their reactions. I have probably seen it 30 times or more, and it is definitely my favorite zombie movie of all time. :)

Just for fun, here is my original Void from 2007 along with the updated one with a new face sticker and touched up paint:

void2.jpg

void1.jpg

DeadAlive06.jpg

DeadAlive07.jpg

Like I said in the write-up, I plan on making Paquita soon, along with Zombie Uncle Les. :D

Those look great, Luke. It's always fun looking back at older customs and seeing how your work has evolved, and how you might do them differently now.

picture me giving a very big WINK in response to this :whistling:

Luke, I remember saying WOW to myself when you did the zombie for the first time.....and it looks even better now! I love Father McGruder, and Uncle Les is beyond awesome!

Edited by Nervous