UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Comics’ 75th Anniversary Super Deluxe KUBRICK Set

boyd

So all the kubrick collectors get once more what they've already got whilst Minimate fans are just crying out for more DC stuff.

Medicom & DC deserve each other <_<

To further the insult, DC Direct is also offering Blammoids wave 4 in this month's Previews.

Great. I probably spent $75 or more getting those figures together, and they do this. Not that I should be surprised, as re-releasing figures is now Medicom's MO. Bank Robber Joker is pretty neat though, I guess, and BHM may correct me, but I don't recall seeing the Animated Robin before. . .

The only saving grace is that this set doesn't include Begins Batman or Scarecrow, as those were not cheap to get.

Edited by karamazov80

There are a number of subtle changes to more than one of these figures if compared to the originals....but as Boyd pointed out mainly just repainted facial expressions etc. Robin looks new & that will be the fifth variation albeit the first 'animated', Batgirl is pretty different from the previous four they've produced as well .....if these are blind-boxed what's the betting on Joker being the chase ?

Having slept on the news I suppose I'm glad that they are at least 'different' because much of the stuff that Medicom are putting out is re-released copies & I've actually drawn right back from full-on hunting kubricks that I have already.

Well, at $100, I don't suspect these will be big sellers. The watchmen 3-packs went for $20 and just warmed pegs at my TRU, and I think the previous Batman 5-pack sold in the U.S. went for $25 or so, and also failed to sell. $10 per figure, mostly existing figures with maybe very minor tampo changes? I don't know about that. I would like that Robin and Joker, but unless these get clearanced out to $30 per set, I will be passing.

I have never been a fan of DC Kubrick. I had the first two waves of Marvel Kubrick, which I got rid of as soon as the Minimates came out. Its only my opinion, but I think Medicom is either a huge hit or a horrible failure. The Star Wars figures they do are awesome, but the super hero figures have always been kinda 'meh to me.

I agree with that for the most part. The Marvel figures are underwhelming as a whole. What's up with balloon-head Spidey? As for DC, I like the Batman: Animated figures quite a bit, as well as the Burton and Batman Begins figures, but the others aren't very impressive.

Another license that Minimates destroy hands-down is Back to the Future. So far, the only point on which Medicom really beat DST was with the Radiation suit figures, but we'll soon be getting those. Still not sure why we never got Jennifer, though. . .

But at the end of the day, I think Kubricks are often great because they are all that we have. No Minimate Metal Gear, Star Wars, or Aliens figures, so the Kubricks have to suffice. I can't help but feel that Minimate versions might blow those others out of the water, though, if they ever came to be.

I know that the Street Fighter 'mates were sold there & I kinda remember it being said somewhere that they didn't do well . I suppose the answer is that I don't know that they aren't but I've never bought or sold one to anybody that I know lives in Japan ,I've only seen Minimates advertised by one Japanese on-line retailer & that was recently & the item was Ghostbusters!

I'm actually feeling a bit nervous now because you're right........ I don't know that Minimates aren't sold in Japan...... can I change my statement 'Your Honor' as I'm not under oath ?

I wonder if Minimates are popular in Japan? :unsure:

The thought of Minimates in unique Japanese packaging just sent a chill down a completist collector's spine.

I agree and was surprised that it happened. What I was told at the time is that collecting blind boxed figures is hugely popular there and the request was very specific. I have one that I've never opened...

I agree and was surprised that it happened. What I was told at the time is that collecting blind boxed figures is hugely popular there and the request was very specific. I have one that I've never opened...

Maybe it's Blanka!

Maybe it's Blanka!

:laugh:Lol. Don't mess with his mind, now he's gonna HAVE to open it.....or take it to the local hospital to put it in the X-Ray machine.

• 6 months later...
DC Direct in partnership with Medicom Toy presents a very special DC Super Heroes Kubrick set:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/pre...brick-group.jpg

No new characters, but new paint jobs.

I guess that this set is imminent because the 2-pack versions are showing up on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-Comics-75th-Anniver...=item3f0430f7bf I have no affiliation whatsoever to the seller ....just using the link for emphasis.