UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2011

TBT!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spy with my little eye... Tarot Mates!

Femme Fatales look awesome. Bought for sure. Want more MAX though.

Okay, I am missing something. Where is this Sinister and Vampire set yall keep talking about?

we are talking about the marvel x-men: curse of the mutants set and the sinister mate in wave 40, go check out the wave 40 post

1st and most importantly... after seeing Zero as a minimate, I am once again PISSSSSSSED at Capcom for using him in MvC3 instead of Mega Man. The day they finally made a Mega Man minimate should have been a happy one for me. Instead it just flamed the hate fire I already had going after Mega Man got snubbed from the game in the first place. I've never been a fan of the X series (or any of the Mega Man offshoots really) but I LOVE the original series. That said... I realize Zero has his fans, so I can see why he'd be in the game. But NOT at the expense of MEGA MAN HIMSELF! It just sucks. So great... 1st Mega Man minimate ever and it's one from an offshoot series, that's not even Mega Man. This blows. (GrrrGrumbleRantRageFireBrimstoneDon'tTryToConvinceMeHowAwesomeZeroIsHeWillNeverBeBetterThanMegaManHateThatDamned

Usurper)

To me, it's the equivalent of Dan, but no Ryu.

That Green Goblin/Spidey pack is pretty inspired and I'm digging Nimrod/Sinister. I HATE the X-men packs though. Curse of the Mutants is already mostly forgotten and 'Age of X' just seems like a weird choice. I can swing with the Comic First Class mates but the lack of Beast is unsettling. Wouldn't it be great if they actually had a few SA X-villains to fight?

For that matter if you wanted to do a really recent boxset, why not Dark X-men? At least we'd get Cloak and Dagger that way.

Thor movie mates look to cover everybody which is great; I just really want a wave or 2 of comic Thor mates. Few supporting characters, couple of villains, Warriors 3 and Wrecking Crew boxsets *poof* you're done with Thor for a while. Same goes for Cap especially if it means Zemo and Crossbones.

Thrilled to see the MVC3 mates. Be successful and open some doors!

It's great to see anything BTTF or GB. Keep the brands alive DST!

I'd just as soon banish the Halo stuff from the face of the Earth because it seems that whenever my TRU fills out the Marvel Mnimate reorder sheets for Marvel stuff they check 'Halo' instead. We're drowning in wave 1 with no end in sight, while the single Marvel peg is manned by an old Reed/Doom pack.

...And yet, no Indiemates.

Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. These do look fantastic. I hope they make it to production.

Oh, and... is MvC3 Phoenix really getting that wavy, awesome hair? 'Cause that would be awesome. Especially if it were translucent or something.

Edited by Lobsterman

WOW. HELL YES to the Femmes Fatales. Funny how a boxset of all indie females, scantily-clad and everything, can make me go crazy WITH Tarot, but a Tarot set pisses me off.

Alice (i love those Grimm Fairy Tales comics) is by far the star of the set. DAWN!!! Medusa looks great as well!! Anne Bonnie will make a great Cap'n Jack Calico sidekick, and Darkchylde...i know nothing of...

Good to see more of the Sony mates, i was hoping they were still coming!! Uncharted mates will definitely be some of my favorites of the year, and Clank is adorable.

Well, DST, you've done it. You've proven me and many others wrong, and have made this one of the best Toy Fair showings yet. I applaud you, congrats. :thumbsup:

Well, I withdraw my earlier concerns. This is an incredibly strong showing of upcoming Minimates. We will be buzzing about these for months. The video game angle seems to be well fleshed out. Sony and Xbox Minimates? Kudos!

Bravo DST. Strong showing. I'll be buying them all, as usual. :)