UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Design Contest Voting Gallery

groundhog7s

Congrats guys! Admittedly, I'm a bit bummed that my Invisible Kid custom was deemed an unacceptable entry by GH, but I'll chalk it up to the world being unprepared for Legion-Mates.

Edited by karamazov80

I won!?!

Wow, thanks guys, I really appreciate it! Thanks to Groundhog for a fun contest, I had a great time working on my design as I'm sure everyone else did. Now if I can just remember to set aside some cash to buy some decal paper I might take a shot at actually making Big Barda and see how she looks in RL.

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by Robbie

Now that the dust has settled, I'd be curious how others decided on their picks. It was really hard for me to narrow the field and I'd love to know what others used as their voting criterion. Innovation? Artful design? Feasibility? Character choice?

Inquiring minds want to know. Feedback and critique are a good thing.

I don't wanna give away exactly who i voted for as i don't want to offend anyone, but i'd be happy to share that a combination of Character Selection and relisation of said characters were the main factors in influencing my votes.

I'll admit, i was coloured by my particularly limited knowledge of the DCU - so my votes went to characters i thought would have really added to my Minimate collection. After that, it was all about execution of design & the 'Minimate Feel' of the images.

Edited by Nessex

Well, if truth be told, I picked my favorite based on how much Lurch paid me to. I probably would have picked him anyway because I love Giganta, but the $$$ really helped.

Wait wait wait, you took money from both of us!?!? :angry:

Hey, you both won didn't you?

Well played sir, well played... :lol:

I'd be curious how others decided on their picks.

Random Number Generator

I picked my choices based on which ones I felt were best executed and would look best in minimate form.

Well, if truth be told, I picked my favorite based on how much Lurch paid me to. I probably would have picked him anyway because I love Giganta, but the $$$ really helped.

Umm, yeah, your check's in the mail :whistling:

I got my book in and my kids are loving it, it's going to be our bedtime reading all week :D

I'd be curious how others decided on their picks.

Random Number Generator

I picked my choices based on which ones I felt were best executed and would look best in minimate form.

Umm, yeah, your check's in the mail :whistling:

I got my book in and my kids are loving it, it's going to be our bedtime reading all week :D

Seriously, my prize arrived today too and it's amazing! Quite possibly the coolest pop-up book in the history of the world. The sweet minimates were awesome too! Thanks so much Groundhog!

• 2 months later...

There were some good designs but Big Barda hands down all the way... That was simplistic and elegant, it captured the essance of Kirby for real, plus I've been wishing that Kubricks would make the New Gods, since minimates have killed the DC line... I could honestly care less about getting a Supe or Batman Figure, but Granny Goodness or The Black Racer, I'd play hackysack with a baby bunny to get them... (I love baby bunnies BTW).