karamazov80

Iron Man 2 Kubricks

41 posts in this topic

I have to recant one thing about the bearbricks:

The one that's SUPPOSED to be a bear, that Toy Story 3 one... yeah he looks prettty good.

Gizmo decent.

Iron Man: Abomination.

I wonder why the one with the Be@rbrick logo is wearing slippers. . .

any more word on these? according to the link on the first page for pre-orders at 17,580 yen = ~$205 US Dollars!!! Did google miscalculate that? WTF! are they really that expensive?

Anybody reading the Cosbaby thread will know of my 'fascination' with the choice of chase figure . Medicom have much the same trend with kubricks ......this IM2 line will definitely have one (possibly two) chase figures & it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the secrets are . Am I imagining all this ? :confused:

I was wrong in my assumption....these are now hitting ebay & Racetrack Tony is the chase.

Mine arrived today & War-Machine steals the show . The Stark chase is spot on as well but all in all the Minimate versions knock spots off of them*

*does this expression translate ?

i want to get a set of these too, what should i expect to pay for a complete set of 7?

Edited by Mattallica

i want to get a set of these too, what should i expect to pay for a complete set of 7?

$120 shipped (from Asia) would be about right at the moment although the chase seems to be pretty much plentiful which may indicate that this price might drop.With kubrick releases there never seems to be any rhyme or reason (initially) to how common the chase figures are & it has to be emphasised that the previous Marvel Movie Wave SM3 completely bombed .....just like the Minimates.......& the PP secret was very common !

With kubrick releases there never seems to be any rhyme or reason (initially) to how common the chase figures are & it has to be emphasised that the previous Marvel Movie Wave SM3 completely bombed .....just like the Minimates.......& the PP secret was very common !

I've seen that entire set, with chase, go for $20-25 at times. Sad. Gem of that set was Sandman, IMO, as he looks great, but also really fits in with the other Marvel comic characters if you want to display him that way.

I've mentioned that I don't care much for this Iron Man wave, but if they get as cheap as the Spidey 3 'Mates did, then I may bite. I can't hardly turn down a good deal on Kubricks, even if they look terrible.

Sandman was at one point rarer than the supposed chase & then the flood gates opened . :rolleyes:

I can't understand why Medicom left it so late to release these .

Hot Toys isn't much better, as the Mark IV was just released a couple of months ago. I wonder if Marvel Studios held off on releasing character designs so long that it wasn't feasible to get product out in time for the film's release?

Possibly but Cosbabys have been out for months & despite their somewhat niche market they are very accurate in most respects to the movie characters.....er...in ...a .....sort of way :blush:

Hello Guys, Just like to share my Kubrick Iron Man 2 Set and Bearbrick. :)

Kubrick01.jpg

Kubrick02.jpg

2011-Marvel Iron Man 2 Kubrick Set with Secret/Chase Race Track Tony

Bearbrick.jpg

2010- Marvel Bearbricks Iron Man and Secret/Chase War Machine

Edited by ZapZuu