UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' customs - ALIEN Ripley & EFNY Snake Plissken [01-21-2015]

First of all, great photos! I really love the light on your new Jack Black Toad! Very well done! And Conan looks really cool with Arnie's face - there's a new movie coming up, but it looks pretty :sick: - although he wears duck-feet.

Good job!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

Bob - thanks for the complements on my photos! I'm not a fan of duck feet either, but i needed them to help give Conan some height. The pin in the torso was long enough to give him 2 waist peices, so between that and the duck feet, he's considerably taller than most Marvel mates.

Typhoid I'm really proud of. From start time to finish was less than 2 hours. I was thinking of creating decals for the fishnets, but once I started drawing them with Sharpie, it made more sense that they aren't 'perfect' for someone crazy like Mary, so I added the hole in her stockings.

For someone else, Black Canary for example, I would want them to be as perfect as possible and would probably use a decal.

Edited by youbastards

I've dreamed of a Weird Al line of toys for years, but have really hoped for Minimates. I think I asked Chuck once even, but got a 'we've never really thought of that' response.

I do think it's a sad thing how much we must think a like.

Imagine the possibilites:

Weird Al from 'Like a Surgeon'

Weird Al from 'Fat' [Could lead to an enventual part reuse Blob release!!!] :P

Weird Al from 'UHF'

...and Stanley Spadowski with his mop!

stanleyspadowski.jpg

well that is about bad @ss no joke killer im :jawdrop:

Another one I doubt we'll ever see:

'Tomb of Dracula' Blade:

classicblade.jpg

Thanks guys!

As for recipe, the coat/arms are from the BSG Razor Gina, painted brown with green collar.

Head/hair is Wave 9 Blade, with black sunglasses removed.

Used 24 Season 2 Jack Bauer yellow sunglasses and painted the green frame.

Bandolier is T2 grenade strap painted yellow, with the grenades cutoff and 'toothpick' stakes glued on and painted brown.

Knife is any knife, painted brown to replicate his 'wooden knife'.

Green legs, I'm not sure about...i didn't paint them though...?

Also, found a great use for the spare baton holders that came with War Zone punisher.

They work great as a 'stake' holder! :)

Edited by youbastards

thank you for the cocktail i have to put one of these togeather,im a huge blade fan and actually he was my first minimate given to me by my tattoo artist years ago!!

Thanks guys!

As for recipe, the coat/arms are from the BSG Razor Gina, painted brown with green collar.

Head/hair is Wave 9 Blade, with black sunglasses removed.

Used 24 Season 2 Jack Bauer yellow sunglasses and painted the green frame.

Bandolier is T2 grenade strap painted yellow, with the grenades cutoff and 'toothpick' stakes glued on and painted brown.

Knife is any knife, painted brown to replicate his 'wooden knife'.

Green legs, I'm not sure about...i didn't paint them though...?

Also, found a great use for the spare baton holders that came with War Zone punisher.

They work great as a 'stake' holder! :)

man i would have bought boath those blade and ghostrider off you if you choose to let blade go please let me know- know i must bid and win for that ghostrider!!

LOL, thanks GH!

This has been my first custom working with Apoxie Sculpt, for his arm and leg sleeves. I've lost the ability to bend the elbows/knees, but I think it will give me the classic look I want in the long run.

Apoxie Sculpt is surprisingly easy to use, but once it hits around that 2 hour mark, you better have everything exactly where you want it. ;)

I think I'm going to re-do TOD Blade's bandolier with Apoxie Sculpt once I finish Shang-Chi up.

Edited by youbastards