UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

Yeah, I have no real complaints outside of trying to find these at retail lately. I'm a opener, so I like seeing what I'm buying. I kind of enjoy the tips to Jack Kirby's work in the DCU and it makes perfect sense that some of them resemble his work since he created those characters ;)As far as GL, I kind of wish the GL line had done better at retail so that GL's were in that particular line and not DCUC. That's just me though. Need to eventually track down Kyle, but don't really care about many of the others. It has been ages since I did a month to month comic wise and really behind on that stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arrrgghh! mattel was so close to completing a classic JSA team. i guess we'll never get a classic mister terrific and johnny thunder with t-bolt now... :(

I'm not following either? I'm sure they'll figure a way to bring DCU to retail under a new brand name or maybe not, who knows? Still, they had a pretty good run if not.

• 1 month later...

Is Poison Ivy ever coming out? :/

EVER COMING OUT?!

Cheese and Rice, man, It’s only MONTH TWO of the DCUC figures, she was never going to be among the first 3 (Starman is next, Atrocitus and Jay were the first two) she’s coming in “fall” so Sept, Oct, or Nov one would assume.

patience is a virtue my friend.

That's the route I'd go if I were you. If I were selling the one I'm getting it would be pretty close to that, plus the shipping. So it might work out better for you. I'm looking forward to Metron. I just wish they had gone with the light up chair like the folks over at AFI were trying to talk them into.

Is Poison Ivy ever coming out? :/

EVER COMING OUT?!

Cheese and Rice, man, It’s only MONTH TWO of the DCUC figures, she was never going to be among the first 3 (Starman is next, Atrocitus and Jay were the first two) she’s coming in “fall” so Sept, Oct, or Nov one would assume.

patience is a virtue my friend.

:lol: Have you just met Dino DB?

Looks like they removed the list of the first few months on Matty. I can't remember when she's been slotted for, but I think DB is close to the mark.

I think she'll be earlier then that, because (unless I'm mistaken) they still have another figure or two to show for the year, right? We've got Starman next month, then Mirror Master, Poison Ivy, and Black Mask in some order, plus the oversize Rocket Red everybody hates. Amy I missing somebody? I think that's all they've announced. Anyway, since they've sent samples of MM out for review, I would bet we'll see him next.

Poison Ivy is my biggest want of the sub, and DCUC in general. (well, now that we're getting Metron i suppose)

That said, i am going to be very angry if we don't get Elasti-girl this year. I love the Doom Patrol, and she's sorely missing from the collection. It's unfortunate that we may never get Caulder (and i don't really *need* Mento) but Elasti-girl is a MUST and should be a lock at this point.

Black Mask is really fantastic too. Love how he turned out.

That said, i am going to be very angry if we don't get Elasti-girl this year. I love the Doom Patrol, and she's sorely missing from the collection. It's unfortunate that we may never get Caulder (and i don't really *need* Mento) but Elasti-girl is a MUST and should be a lock at this point.

This Q&A from insidepulse.com (on December 16, 2011) is what gives me hope for Elasti-Girl:

Q: If we get an oversized Elasti-Girl in the sub at some point, can you confirm that her costume will be consistent with the style/era of her Doom Patrol teammates, classic Negative Man and classic Robotman? Essentially her red and white mini-dress with light purple boots?

A: Absolutely! If we were to create an Elasti-Girl figure, we’d do so so that she would complete the Doom Patrol team.

Perhaps I am reading into it too much, but it sounds as if Matty has had serious discussions about Elasti-girl.

Oh yeah, they want to do Elasti-Girl; Scott's said so many times. He's even said that he plans to get to the Chief and Will Magnus. Completing the Doom Patrol and the Metal Men has been a stated priority.

That warms my heart :)

Thanks, preordered. $12 more than cost is not that bad.

Believe it or not, it isn't even that much. I believe my Metron and Attahwhateverthehell were about $28 shipped and last month Jay cost me about $26 shipped. So the mark up is basically their cost + shipping + shipping to you :thumbsup: I need to see where my package is at the moment after I leave the forum. It will most likely show up on a day that I'm not around the house the way my lucks been going lately.